Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 10:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
......and I paid with money, but my MQMs, etc. didn't post until the next day.
You were still in the "retroactive" posting period, through 5/31.
Does that mean that accelerator bonuses will (correctly) post at the same time "normal" MQs post after 5/31?
Old May 23, 2021, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nrr
You were still in the "retroactive" posting period, through 5/31.
Does that mean that accelerator bonuses will (correctly) post at the same time "normal" MQs post after 5/31?
My accelerator bonuses posted (correctly) at the same time, with a slight lag for the fractions of MQSs (about which I don't care) to catch up.

OTOH, my accelerator bonuses posted correctly and promptly for a paid domestic RT at the very end of April.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Good News. My 1st Award trip in F has been updated and the MQMs have posted correctly. My wife's Award Trip has also posted correctly.

Last edited by SuperG1955; May 26, 2021 at 7:44 am Reason: Added info
Old May 26, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: DL
Same. My bonus trips in F got the 50% bonus today. Delta got it right.
Old May 26, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Sorry to be late to this thread - but just to be clear, using SkyMiles to pay for (or in my instance, to upgrade) increases my MSDs?
Old May 26, 2021, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
Sorry to be late to this thread - but just to be clear, using SkyMiles to pay for (or in my instance, to upgrade) increases my MSDs?
Based on what I've seen:

If you buy a ticket with miles, you will earn MQMs/MQS/MQDs thanks to the accelerator promo. The exact rate depends on whether you buy main, C+, or F. Read the rest of the thread for details (there's a link to the DL promo page in the first post)

Cash ticket, upgraded all segments with miles: rebooks into Z, so should earn for the accelerator promo just like any other premium ticket.

Miles ticket, upgraded all segments with miles: mine rebooked into OY, so although it should still be eligible for the accelerator, it will be at the Y rate and not the F rate.

For MQD purposes spending SkyMiles is valued at 1cpm.
tardyturtle likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond

I flew D1 last weekend JFK-LAX booked with a combination of cash and pay with miles. All bonus MQMs and MQDs posted within a day. So yes, pay with miles will get you extra MQDs. But upgrading, I haven't done that so that I can't answer.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:26 pm

Thanks! I just upgraded to FC for a flight on 6/13 and will report back the results (if no one else answers in the interim).
Old May 26, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Thanks! I just upgraded to FC for a flight on 6/13 and will report back the results (if no one else answers in the interim).
I have paid to upgrade flight segments. The actual segment posted with accelerator bonuses. And, separately, there was an entry for the payment I made for the upgrade which gave me MQDs and RDMs.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:40 pm

Excellent! Any chance you paid with Skymiles? It looks like Skymiles get you credit for tickets, but just checking on upgrades.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I have used 2 RUCs and neither posted correctly. There was no accelerator at all applied. I would expect them to earn at 1.5 of base. Will follow up with DL in early June
I flew HSV-LAX on 5/13 and returned on the redeye LAX-HSV on 5/18. I purchased the coach ticket with cash, and my RUC upgrades cleared at booking for all segments.

All posted correctly with the 50% bonuses.
Old May 26, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
I had two award trips (both cleared RUC after booking) and still nothing posted.
Old May 27, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by sekiya
I had two award trips (both cleared RUC after booking) and still nothing posted.
It could be the RUCs. I had a paid trip on 4/23 that I upgraded with RUCs, and the accelerator hasn't posted for this (and only this) trip. I'll call on 6/1 if it hasn't been fixed by then.
Old May 27, 2021, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCAhome
It could be the RUCs. I had a paid trip on 4/23 that I upgraded with RUCs, and the accelerator hasn't posted for this (and only this) trip. I'll call on 6/1 if it hasn't been fixed by then.
On my RT that hasn't posted, I used RUCs for me and my wife one way. On the return portion, I got a medallion upgrade, she didn't. So I think that covers three situations: RUC, complimentary upgrade, and no upgrade. Nothing has posted for any of it. This was in April.
Old May 27, 2021, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
On my RT that hasn't posted, I used RUCs for me and my wife one way. On the return portion, I got a medallion upgrade, she didn't. So I think that covers three situations: RUC, complimentary upgrade, and no upgrade. Nothing has posted for any of it. This was in April.
RUC upgrades don't qualify for higher bonus. Or maybe I misinterpreted and you haven't gotten any bonus at all?

How will bonuses work on Upgrade Certificates and Complimentary Upgrades?
  • If you are upgraded to a premium cabin using an Upgrade Certificate or through a Complimentary Upgrade, you will earn bonuses based on the cabin you paid for, not the cabin you were upgraded to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.