Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by tmontemb
503 base MQMs from IND-MSP in First class and a bonus of 568 MQMs for 2022 Medallion Status Accelerator. By my math the 568 MQMs for the bonus accelerator is correct (503*1.5)*.75 = 568, so strangely it's calculating the base correctly to calculate bonus accelerator but isn't posting the base correctly. Same goes for MSP-CUN segment, also in First.

Keep an eye on your Base MQMs! A good indication it is wrong is it your Accelerator amount is greater than your Base MQMs.

I'll wait until end of May for them to sort it out.
I've got the same issue on my award flights in first I suspect we'll need to fight to get the 50% base bonus for MQMs.
Old May 21, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
Still waiting for the MQM bonus for award tickets in early May.
josephstern likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Anyone seen how MQMs post with an award ticket and cleared RUC?

I have one booked this fall for ATL-PVR with RUCs confirmed at booking for the return, and waitlisted for the outbound. Not really stressed over it, just curious to see if DL's systems are working out that particular combination properly.

I'm assuming I will just get MQM based on main cabin, which is the fare I paid for (with RDM).
Old May 21, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by gooselee

I have one booked this fall for ATL-PVR with RUCs confirmed at booking for the return, and waitlisted for the outbound. Not really stressed over it, just curious to see if DL's systems are working out that particular combination properly.

I'm assuming I will just get MQM based on main cabin, which is the fare I paid for (with RDM).
I just used an RUC on ATL-HNL and vise-verse. I got credited based upon my original Main Cabin fare (so 1.5 MQMs per mile)
Old May 21, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by JMT450
I've got the same issue on my award flights in first I suspect we'll need to fight to get the 50% base bonus for MQMs.
This is a programming issue that will hopefully be resolved by May 28th.

The following is from delta.com in the FAQ section about Award tickets for the Accelerator program -
  • Special for only the remainder of this year, SkyMiles Members can earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs for Award Travel on flights that are both marketed and operated by Delta and flown April 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
  • MQMS: You will earn MQMs on Award Travel tickets based on the distance flown and cabin bonus (if applicable) – a 50% or 75% bonus will be applied to this value, depending on your cabin purchased.
  • The base MQMs for Award Travel tickets in Basic Economy, Main Cabin and Delta Comfort+ will be the distance flown
  • The base MQMs for Award Travel tickets in First Class, Delta Premium Select and Delta One will be 50% of the distance flown plus the distance flown (or 150% of the distance flown)
  • Just like purchased tickets, the minimum amount of MQMs you will earn on a flight (prior to the application of bonus MQMs) is 500.
    • For example, if the distance of your flight booked in Delta Comfort+ is 700 miles, you would earn 700 MQMs, plus 75% of that total: 1,225 MQMs
    • If the distance of your flight booked in First Class is 700 miles, you would earn 1,050 MQMs (50% of the distance flown + the distance flown), plus 75% of that total: 1,838 MQMs
  • MQSs: You will earn MQSs like you normally would on retail tickets. Members earn 1 MQS for each segment of their journey. Depending on the cabin you paid for and flew, a bonus will be applied to each segment.
  • MQDs: MQDs on Award Tickets will be calculated based on the miles redeemed for the flight divided by 100 – a 50% or 75% bonus will be applied to this value, depending on the cabin purchased
    • For example, if you redeem 50,000 miles for a First Class ticket, here is how many MQDs you would earn: (50,000/100) = 500; 500*75%=375; 500+375= 875 MQDs
Old May 22, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Don't think I saw one here, but does anyone have a concrete example of how MQD credited on mixed carrier award travel including partners?

As an example, I have some 95K SFO-JFK (Delta One), JFK-GRU (Latam Business) awards coming up in the forthcoming months and am curious how the calculation might work out MQD-wise--even just a guesstimate. (Delta support couldn't come up with a good answer.)

Last edited by snorkmaster; May 23, 2021 at 7:56 am Reason: mistake, updated to MQD
Old May 22, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Don't think I saw one here, but does anyone have a concrete example of how MQD credited on mixed carrier award travel including partners?

As an example, I have some 95K SFO-JFK (Delta One), JFK-GRU (Latam Business) awards coming up in the forthcoming months and am curious how the calculation might work out MQM-wise--even just a guesstimate. (Delta support couldn't come up with a good answer.)
If this is one trip Delta will allocate the RDM's between the segments however they determine benefits them. Then the SFO-JFK will be calculated as described in Post 590 in this thread. The JFK-GRU on LATAM are not eligible for the Accelerator program and will earn nothing.
Old May 23, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante

As an example, I have some 95K SFO-JFK (Delta One), JFK-GRU (Latam Business) awards coming up in the forthcoming months and am curious how the calculation might work out MQD-wise--even just a guesstimate. (Delta support couldn't come up with a good answer.)
Just realized I typed MQM in my prior post -- corrected -- was curious about MQD for SFO-JFK.
Old May 23, 2021, 8:06 am

Just realized I typed MQM in my prior post -- corrected -- was curious about MQD for SFO-JFK.
Pretty much the same. You get MQD's for the SFO-JFK and zilch for the JFK-GRU. The MQD's are based on ticket cost so I'd guess that they'll allocate that either based on a mileage split or a ratio of individual prices at the time of purchase. It's guaranteed that they'll use the method that gives you the least benefit.
Old May 23, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I just used an RUC on ATL-HNL and vise-verse. I got credited based upon my original Main Cabin fare (so 1.5 MQMs per mile)
I have used 2 RUCs and neither posted correctly. There was no accelerator at all applied. I would expect them to earn at 1.5 of base. Will follow up with DL in early June
Old May 23, 2021, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have one RUC flight (award) and it hasn’t even posted at all.
Old May 23, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I have basically emptied out my SM account - have less than 6K left now. I guess that's the behavior DL is looking for - either spend more $, or liability reduction via award redemption.

Lots of <10K awards, with many already traveled, along some D1 awards mixed in, got to try out all kinds of widebody in DL's fleet (e.g. 359, 764, 333). All corresponding cash fares are many times more in comparison.
Old May 23, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My fully Skymiles paid flights from yesterday, 5/22, posted MQMs in near real time.
Old May 23, 2021, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
My fully Skymiles paid flights from yesterday, 5/22, posted MQMs in near real time.
That seems to be the norm during the pandemic. Lots of computer capacity and overall low passenger loads. Flights are fuller but there are fewer flights.
Old May 23, 2021, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
......and I paid with money, but my MQMs, etc. didn't post until the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.