Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta SM Diamond
Originally Posted by kjnangre
But all the examples you gave are just things that are different than normal. They're not complicated. They're not hard to understand. They're just different
I have book (1457.00 $ cad) in October in PE : YUL-MSP-DTW-PVG. (return: PVG-DTW-MSP-YUL) (note: it is NO PE domestic)
Give me your "estimation" for MQM & MQD
Have a great day !
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by DiamondSM
I have book (1457.00 $ cad) in October in PE : YUL-MSP-DTW-PVG. (return: PVG-DTW-MSP-YUL) (note: it is NO PE domestic)
Give me your "estimation" for MQM & MQD
Have a great day !
Is it Comfort+ on the non-PE legs or just regular Main Cabin?
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:58 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is my point: you *multiply* 150% by 1.75 to get 2.625 or 262.5%

If instead we *add* 150% (normal MQM earning for most premium cabin fares) to 75% we get only 225%, which is significantly less than 262.5%.
It's how one phases the bonus that's the bottom line.
"After multiplying by 1.5 , you then add a 75% bonus of this last value, this is you final amt."
100 x 1.5 = 150, add to 150 an extra 0.75 (of 150) = 150 + 112.5 =262.50...if you "sing it" it sounds even nicer.

Last edited by nrr; Apr 13, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by kjnangre
The post that I responded wasn't talking about which option is more fair, it was stating that two different multipliers is too confusing for the average person. I guess I have higher regard of the average person's capabilities (but perhaps incorrectly)
It doesn't matter. You can say "keeping things simple is better from a marketing perspective" (which is what he actually said) without having to believe that people are "too dumb" (which is not at all what he said, it's just something you made up).
DiamondSM likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by nrr
(1)C+ bookings count the same as all other premium cabins x1.75 for the accelerator section, but not the "regular" MQM earnings--initially I read the rules incorrectly
(2)DL Vacation packages require extra computations when computing MQDs..
(3)Partner bookings DO earn "regular" MQs, but don't count for the accelerator.
(4)Discussed in a few posts here: "how does full fare Y and J" fit into the "big picture".
Since many posts question how (1)-(4) work, it's not so clear cut to everyone.
1) read the rules? I'm not sure what to tell you, bookings in coach earn 1.5x what they would normally earn, bookings in W/J/F earn 1.75. It's not that complicated.
2) OK? they require those extra complications for regular MQM calculation, not as a result of the accelerator.
3) again, yes? DL-marketed/operated flights only. this isn't complicated.
4) see 1. The only thing that matters is the cabin. As I said, people are overcomplicating this by inventing imaginary scenarios that literally don't matter. Q: What if I buy my ticket on a tuesday? A: it doesn't matter!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I'm arguing that this promo is not as simple as some would believe it is.
It's actually simpler, literally there are only TWO things to figure out!

1) is the flight DL-marketed and operated? If so, go to 2, if not, no bonus.
2) are you ticketed in C+, F or J? If so, multiply the MQM by 1.75, if not, multiply by 1.5.

That's it! It's pretty simple!
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by ty97
Is it Comfort+ on the non-PE legs or just regular Main Cabin?
It is C+.

What I find funny... is "kjnangre" like your post, but avoid to answer the question ...

As I write, From a marketing point of vue, at the moment the customer must start to go in the detail of something ... it is a mistake. On this, Delta have do something simple (the rollover) last year.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68

2) are you ticketed in C+, F or J? If so, multiply the MQM by 1.75, if not, multiply by 1.5.

yes, this is the simple part,.... now the MQD ? (my question is : "Give me your "estimation" for MQM & MQD").

It is also simple to calculate, BUT... what will be the MQD if the non PE are in main cabin (as you write ...
It's actually simpler, literally there are only TWO things to figure out!), After that ... say me if from a marketing point of view, It is a good idea ?

Last edited by DiamondSM; Apr 14, 2021 at 7:07 am
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:00 am

yes, this is the simple part,.... now the MQD ? (my question is : "Give me your "estimation" for MQM & MQD").

It is also simple to calculate, BUT... what will be the MQD if the non PE are in main cabin (as you write ...
It's actually simpler, literally there are only TWO things to figure out!), After that ... say me if from a marketing point of view, It is a good idea ?

MQD I don't know since I don't know how much of that ticket price is taxes and fees etc.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:26 am

MQD I don't know since I don't know how much of that ticket price is taxes and fees etc.
It is simple or not to calculate the MQD ? " It's actually simpler, literally there are only TWO things to figure out! "

Even you have the taxes and fee... You must calculate the cost for each segment !

Devil's are in the detail
- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:32 am

It is simple or not to calculate the MQD ? " It's actually simpler, literally there are only TWO things to figure out! "

Even you have the taxes and fee... You must calculate the cost for each segment !
but the "complicated" part has nothing to do with this particular bonus promotion. The promotion part is much simpler than "regular" MQD calculation. The part you're complaining about has ALWAYS been part of MQD calcuations and this promotion hasn't made that part more complicated.
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:50 am

but the "complicated" part has nothing to do with this particular bonus promotion. The promotion part is much simpler than "regular" MQD calculation. The part you're complaining about has ALWAYS been part of MQD calcuations and this promotion hasn't made that part more complicated.
I did not agree with you, You take a calculation (not easy to made already) and ADD another levels of calculation. Each time you add a "layer", you made a situation more complexe (I work as IT engineer. I can told you... I am 100% sure the marketing dept. who take this decision have not ask any feedback from IT ---> BEFORE)

Will not be more simple to just change the medallion requirement ?
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I did not agree with you, You take a calculation (not easy to made already) and ADD another levels of calculation. Each time you add a "layer", you made a situation more complexe (I work as IT engineer. I can told you... I am 100% sure the marketing dept. who take this decision have not ask any feedback from IT ---> BEFORE)

Will not be more simple to just change the medallion requirement ?
I've got one area of complexity that will be interesting to work out. I've paid to upgrade 1 segment to F. So, do the upgrade dollars go just to that segment? Or, are they prorated across the whole trip? And, I'm assuming that the one upgraded segment will get the 1.75 multiplier, but the others would be at 1.5. So, it will be interesting to see it play out.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by DCAhome
I've got one area of complexity that will be interesting to work out. I've paid to upgrade 1 segment to F. So, do the upgrade dollars go just to that segment? Or, are they prorated across the whole trip? And, I'm assuming that the one upgraded segment will get the 1.75 multiplier, but the others would be at 1.5. So, it will be interesting to see it play out.
That one upgraded segment will get the 1.75 MQM and he others will get 1.5 MQM. MQS will work the same as MQM.

MQD are a little more complex. The upgraded segment will should get the 1.75 for the upgrade cost (base fare + carrier-imposed surcharges (same as the original ticket) and 1.75 for the portion of the base MQD's allocated to the upgraded segment. The remainder of the base MQD will get 1.5 multiplier. As an aside, how Delta does the allocation of MQD to segments is another world question .
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

2) Are you using F as an abbreviation for PE? That's not so simple, nor is it if PE has been omitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.