Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Why wouldn’t ATL-MLU book into S/Comfort Plus?

This plane has C+ seats, and even if they are occupied, I have had it where the ticket was issued in S class but assigned a main cabin seat.
I don't know. I got the answers by doing a round trip booking ATW-MLU in First and that's what the system came up with.

I'm sure it's the usual crappy IT code that says 'Oh, no F, so go Main Cabin'. One could probably call and buy up or call and have it book C+ for that leg. I didn't try Multi-City where it could obviously be booked into C+.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
PreCOVUD-19, on my regular mainline connecting to CRJ-200 route, I found it difficult to buy a FC ticket even when all FC fare classes were available on the mainline segment. FC tickets seemed to be offered on the DL website only if the mainline flight was sold out in coach or with extremely expensive broken fares.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Sample size of two and all but I see it not so much as a fear of travel but a fear of travel being unsatisfying, disrupted, or cancelled yet again. We're supposed to get Moderna #2 tomorrow and and then I'll spend the weekend firming up some domestic travel plans for summer fun. Even though Iceland is a bucket list trip for us and they're open to vaccinated Americans now, you just don't know what the situation there will be like in three months and the repeated closures in both UK and EU and slow vaccine rollouts in so many countries do not inspire confidence that Paris in July would be enjoyable or even feasible either.

So Colorado in July it is instead. The hardest part of that trip will be finding places that aren't going to be overrun by tourists- there is no was I'd consider any of the 'top tier' National Parks this summer like Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Zion, etc because they will be so crowded that even the trails that are usually quieter will definitely not be.
Agreed...domestic travel this summer will be a mess.
DTWflyer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Skybonus update email in today:

No SkyBonus offers/incentives listed that I see.
I see nothing other than what they are doing with SkyMiles:

"More rewards with industry-first Status accelerators
We know Status and Medallion benefits are important to Delta's road warriors. That is why, starting April 1 through the end of 2021, Delta will boost SkyMiles Status earn by up to 75 percent and allow customers to earn toward Status on most ticket types, including Award Travel; an industry first. Read more here."

...and other SM news like food/beverage, ticket extensions, etc...
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by BHammy
Skybonus update email in today:

No SkyBonus offers/incentives listed that I see.
I see nothing other than what they are doing with SkyMiles:

"More rewards with industry-first Status accelerators
We know Status and Medallion benefits are important to Delta's road warriors. That is why, starting April 1 through the end of 2021, Delta will boost SkyMiles Status earn by up to 75 percent and allow customers to earn toward Status on most ticket types, including Award Travel; an industry first. Read more here."

...and other SM news like food/beverage, ticket extensions, etc...
I guess they don't care about the program or their small business customers.

In our case, nothing for extension of Certificates for flights that were cancelled by DL and the expiration of points at the end of this year.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Scanned this thread but didn’t see the answer to this:

If we have a mixed carrier award ticket, how do they calculate these bonuses? If we posit XXX-DTW-AMS-LYS, first two legs on DL, third on KL - how is that determined? Even worse, XXX-DTW-AMS-LYS, first leg on DL, next two on KL.

The answer may be the difference between PM and DM this year...
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now

If we have a mixed carrier award ticket, how do they calculate these bonuses? If we posit XXX-DTW-AMS-LYS, first two legs on DL, third on KL - how is that determined? Even worse, XXX-DTW-AMS-LYS, first leg on DL, next two on KL.

MQM: pretty straightforward, cause MQM is based on distance. Whatever distance you fly on DL metal qualifies.
MQS: super straightforward, however many segments you fly on DL metal.
MQD: more complicated
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre
MQM: pretty straightforward, cause MQM is based on distance. Whatever distance you fly on DL metal qualifies.
MQS: super straightforward, however many segments you fly on DL metal.
Indeed, apologies for my omission - MQDs are my primary concern. MQMs are abundant already and MQSs are irrelevant.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Indeed, apologies for my omission - MQDs are my primary concern. MQMs are abundant already and MQSs are irrelevant.
This is the only thing I found. It's not particularly helpful.

"If your itinerary includes both Delta and partner-operated flights, MQDs are divided among the flights based on the ticket and fare rules; MQD bonuses would be awarded on the Delta-specific flights but not the partner-operated flights in the ticket."
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:18 pm

Understatement of the year.

It's all about how DL chooses to allocate MQD's in complex, multi-segment, multi-class, and even multi-carrier, itineraries and then how the multipliers are applied.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:19 pm

This is the only thing I found. It's not particularly helpful.

"If your itinerary includes both Delta and partner-operated flights, MQDs are divided among the flights based on the ticket and fare rules; MQD bonuses would be awarded on the Delta-specific flights but not the partner-operated flights in the ticket."
That’s the first light I’ve seen on the subject. Thank you!
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying to figure out a flight to book here to use this offer. I'll take just about any non-stop to Europe from LAX and deal with the connection over there.

Are there any non-stops from LAX to Europe on Delta metal at this point?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
A solid promo for those booking premium cabin fares, but man, I wish I wouldn't have booked so many DL combinations from Canada that are all DL coded, but have a WS operated segment Canada-ATL, Canada-JFK etc.

I guess I'm going to be trying to SDC off those DL operated by WS flights to DL metal 24 hours out!
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:05 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm trying to figure out a flight to book here to use this offer. I'll take just about any non-stop to Europe from LAX and deal with the connection over there.

Are there any non-stops from LAX to Europe on Delta metal at this point?
Do you have any fear that you'll be forced to quarantine when you get there? Hopefully (with a big vaccination push) Europe will reopen after June 1st.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BenA
Not at all. Delta saw no need to incentivize travel during 1Q 2021 - everyone flying was going to do it anyway, especially given that they booked in spite of limited service offerings and a raging global pandemic.

These changes are about incentivizing new bookings for the second half of the year; making it retroactive serves no purpose whatsoever for the company.
I had originally booked ord-sea-lax (I don't know where I'm going from lax) on AS because it seemed they offered slightly more than DL in F. But after doing some thinking after this was announced I changed to DL for the bump in mq's so their plan is working. If they keep their prices reasonable my remaining trips to MEX might be on DL rather than AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.