F on DL

Old Mar 31, 21, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, MM
F on DL

Hello, I have not flown since December 2019. I realize a lot has changed since then in F. I thought there might be a sticky about the changes, but couldn’t find any. What I did read is that there are no longer pillows or blankets in F. So are people bringing their own or just doing without? I find it very comfortable to have a small pillow behind my lower back. Also, is a snack box offered on longer flights in F? My routine is MKE-MSP-PHX-ATL-MKE. Thanks for any insight you can give me!
Old Mar 31, 21, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try here - it's not a sticky, but it's currently the third normal thread.
DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)
I think there is also information on Delta.com
krazykanuck and jaimemayo like this.
Old Mar 31, 21, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Current offerings are very limited - no blanket/pillow. Only water/beer/wine and snack bag. Longer flights have a snack box option.
In a couple weeks it will be expanding to have additional beverage options and a new snack box.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Apr 1, 21, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta PM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
On the MKE-MSP, you probably won't get offered any beer or wine as the route is less than 350 miles (unless the plane came in from someplace else and was catered). I haven't seen the flight fuel boxes in a while (last time was on a JFK-SEA segment in October). Typical snack is a plastic baggie containing a small bottle of water, a small portion of Goldfish crackers and a Biscoff

If you like to eat something on the flight, pack your favorite snacks; if you want an adult beverage other than beer or wine, put some miniatures in your carry-on clear plastic baggie, and buy sodas to mix them with post security. Definitely bring your own pillow if you need one.

I've found flying to be quite nice with no one sitting next to me. Of course this will end on April 30.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Apr 1, 21, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Be careful about serving yourself alcohol (BYOB) on flights. This violates FAA rules.
Old Apr 1, 21, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
On the MKE-MSP, you probably won't get offered any beer or wine as the route is less than 350 miles (unless the plane came in from someplace else and was catered).
I had mixed success on this route last year. Like you said, one time they weren’t catered so just water but another time they were able to do a couple run through of the first class cabin.

Never hurts to ask as you board to find out right away.
Old Apr 1, 21, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I've found flying to be quite nice with no one sitting next to me. Of course this will end on April 30.
Yeah even with the spartan service, if you're in F it is quite nice not having anyone next to you and being able to use the unoccupied seat (and foot area) for work space or carry-on/whatever.
Only a month of that left... so I'll enjoy my remaining 5 flights this month pretending to be on a private jet. lol
emrdoc and jaimemayo like this.
Old Apr 2, 21, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Exp
I haven't seen the flight fuel boxes in a while (last time was on a JFK-SEA segment in October). Typical snack is a plastic baggie containing a small bottle of water, a small portion of Goldfish crackers and a Biscoff.
Flew DL F yesterday BOS-TPA. Snack bag came out first; as described above, but with almonds instead of Goldfish. Had a choice of 3 Flight Fuel boxes all of which contain a mix of various single serve snacks. Our FA showed us the contents of each on her phone (I assume others do the same). Nothing fancy or exciting.
Old Apr 4, 21, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, MM
Just completed my flight to PHX in F. MKE-MSP was a basic plastic bag of almonds, Biscoffs, water and a Purcell wipe. No liquor served. MSP-PHX was the same basic snack bag offered MKE-MSP. I thought that would be it but then they brought out the snack boxes as previously mentioned. And a choice of water, wine or beer. I finished one snack box; then the flight attendant brought me another one! There were a choice of three different snack boxes, again as previously mentioned.
Old Apr 5, 21, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Be careful about serving yourself alcohol (BYOB) on flights. This violates FAA rules.
And many FAs will enforce it

Search this Thread
Search Engine: