DL adds BOS-KEF, resumes JFK/MSP-KEF

Old Mar 26, 21, 7:29 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM; AA 1MM
Posts: 3,494
DL adds BOS-KEF, resumes JFK/MSP-KEF

Vaccinated Americans will be able to travel to Iceland.

https://news.delta.com/delta-offers-...ated-americans
N830MH and M60_to_LGA like this.
ty97 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 7:56 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NYC/DTW/LAX
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 136
Hmm, checking flights right now, and BOS-KEF isn't showing.
Also shows MSP-KEF with 75S (says regular 752 in the article) and JFK-KEF as 763 (says 75S in the article)
Crossinator is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 8:18 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by Crossinator View Post
Hmm, checking flights right now, and BOS-KEF isn't showing.
Also shows MSP-KEF with 75S (says regular 752 in the article) and JFK-KEF as 763 (says 75S in the article)
Schedule changes typically load on Saturday.
Intl359Widget likes this.
WidgetsOfTheSkies is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 8:35 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Programs: Flowback jumpseat cubic zirconium. DL FO, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Posts: 609
I can't recall, but waaaay back pre-covid when all those new BOS routes were announced (BOS-LGW, BOS-FCO, etc) ... was BOS-KEF among those, or is this one new-new?
PurdueFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 9:10 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,900
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer View Post
I can't recall, but waaaay back pre-covid when all those new BOS routes were announced (BOS-LGW, BOS-FCO, etc) ... was BOS-KEF among those, or is this one new-new?
New new. The closest they had to it before was BOS-DUB
btonkid12345 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 9:18 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 13,057
Interesting. I wonder if the skyclub hours will be extended with the start of the service out of BOS as well based on the late departure after 10pm. It currently closes at 7:30pm.
btonkid12345 likes this.
rylan is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 10:14 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 904
So two Fridays ago was Alaska, last Friday was Mountain West/Beach/Caribbean, this Friday Iceland. Wonder what next Friday will bring.
btonkid12345, DCAhome and KinBOS like this.
DLASflyer is online now  
Old Mar 26, 21, 11:52 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 19,248
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Interesting. I wonder if the skyclub hours will be extended with the start of the service out of BOS as well based on the late departure after 10pm. It currently closes at 7:30pm.
Unless they offer D1 cabin, I doubt it. KEF is always been a strange one for lounge access. STE+ of course get access. However First Class/PS (PS is the F cabin on domestic 757s) doesn't.
ijgordon likes this.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 12:00 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New England
Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Posts: 6,334
Wonder if we will eventually get access to the Saga lounge. ATM, I don't think D1 gets access. Hopefully PS can/will too
demkr is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 12:01 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New England
Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Interesting. I wonder if the skyclub hours will be extended with the start of the service out of BOS as well based on the late departure after 10pm. It currently closes at 7:30pm.
I think it's getting to be time for them to reopen the other lounge. The A7 lounge is getting pretty crowded these days
demkr is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 12:03 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SEA
Programs: DL GM, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Posts: 880
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Unless they offer D1 cabin, I doubt it. KEF is always been a strange one for lounge access. STE+ of course get access. However First Class/PS (PS is the F cabin on domestic 757s) doesn't.
I don't think they'll be offering the D1 cabin to KEF after the Saturday schedule changes. The article says that they'll be deploying the 193-seat 752 (75G) and offering PS upfront.
ab2013 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 12:48 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 19,248
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
Wonder if we will eventually get access to the Saga lounge. ATM, I don't think D1 gets access. Hopefully PS can/will too
I dont think KEF is sold as D1, even when on aircraft with lay flats.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 1:07 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 10,423
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I dont think KEF is sold as D1, even when on aircraft with lay flats.
Well, Icelandair has set the bar so low with archaic J seats that don't even have proper leg rests...
Braniff likes this.
fly747first is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 1:18 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SFO
Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Posts: 875
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I dont think KEF is sold as D1, even when on aircraft with lay flats.
It is, just purchased D1 for an August trip via JFK
cbrown5294 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 1:19 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 19,248
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Well, Icelandair has set the bar so low with archaic J seats that don't even have proper leg rests...
Iceland main issue is location. It's just too close to US for true J service. DFW-KEF is about the only flight to KEF that I've been on that warranted true J.
flyerCO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: