DL adds BOS-KEF, resumes JFK/MSP-KEF

Old May 4, 21, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
Looks like demand is looking decent this summer - DL is putting the 763ER (76Z) on JFK-KEF starting July 7, replacing the 75S currently being used.
Wow, they werenít even doing this pre-rona. Also, it didnít used to be a 75S, it was a 75G or whatever the ETOPS domestic one is.
Old May 5, 21, 12:24 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Wow, they werenít even doing this pre-rona. Also, it didnít used to be a 75S, it was a 75G or whatever the ETOPS domestic one is.
Before the domestic config you refer to it was operated using the 75E, which was the 75S with recliners. That was one of my two INTL op ups... a flight two miles shorter than JFK-LAX.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 5, 21, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I dont think KEF is sold as D1, even when on aircraft with lay flats.
It's such a short flight, why bother? Many longer domestic flights from BOS...
Old May 5, 21, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by resolute View Post
Having flown this in PS (domestic F) I can most definitely say D1 would have been a welcome option.

Last edited by cmd320; May 5, 21 at 4:57 pm
Old May 5, 21, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum UA-Silver
JFK-KEF is indeed sold as Delta one, both 757 and 767 flights. Im currently booked on JFK-KEF 767 in November as delta one.
Old May 9, 21, 1:17 pm

In flight service on JFK to KEF ... Anyone experienced it yet?

Have a flight coming up in a week on this route in c+, thinking about upgrading to D1 either one way maybe both... But before I do I was wondering if anyone's flown this or a similar international route recently in c+ or D1?

it's a 5.5 hour flight and the upgrade is $700 each way... So just not sure if it's worth that extra right now.
Old May 9, 21, 8:01 pm

Has anyone flown JFK-KEF this month that knows if there is any difference between regular economy and c+ for food or drink service beyond the small c+ amenity kit? Thinking more so for the return flight. I have c+ booked on the way out as the extra legroom and slightly better seat are with it on the redeye, but not sure that's worth another hundred bucks a person for the return on a daytime flight.

As far as I can tell, I should still get the same food and beverage service, just wanted to confirm before sticking with economy.
Old May 9, 21, 9:26 pm

Yup, this flight is 300 miles shorter than BOS-SFO.
Old May 9, 21, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keith2004 View Post
JFK-KEF is indeed sold as Delta one, both 757 and 767 flights. Im currently booked on JFK-KEF 767 in November as delta one.
JFK/KEF is the one KEF route that has had D1 on it. Even then it was a lot of times only during summer.
Old May 10, 21, 5:39 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
JFK/KEF is the one KEF route that has had D1 on it. Even then it was a lot of times only during summer.
I have flown on this route several times since it started and the most recent trip I took in 2019 was Premium Select not Delta One.

Unfortunately the second trip that year was canceled and we were rebooked onto IcelandAir and their Saga Class product was disappointing.
Old May 10, 21, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
I have flown on this route several times since it started and the most recent trip I took in 2019 was Premium Select not Delta One.

Unfortunately the second trip that year was canceled and we were rebooked onto IcelandAir and their Saga Class product was disappointing.
It was only within last year or two. MSP-KEF was PS and JFK-KEF would get D1. I remember caused some confusion for coworkers also since it was very brief period of time it would be D1. (I'm guessing they were doing it because AA started offering true business class on DFW-KEF around same time)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: