Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL adds BOS-KEF, resumes JFK/MSP-KEF

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:16 pm

I’m somewhat surprised DL didn’t also add a flight from ATL. Iceland is one of those bucket list destinations for a lot of people so I can envision completely full flights this summer.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Beetles
I’m somewhat surprised DL didn’t also add a flight from ATL. Iceland is one of those bucket list destinations for a lot of people so I can envision completely full flights this summer.
Agreed. Especially given how much it has been in the news with the recent volcanic fissure.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Agreed. Especially given how much it has been in the news with the recent volcanic fissure.
Now that will be something spectacular to see over the weekend!
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
Wonder if we will eventually get access to the Saga lounge. ATM, I don't think D1 gets access. Hopefully PS can/will too
zero chance Delta pays for PS pax to access a third-party lounge
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
So two Fridays ago was Alaska, last Friday was Mountain West/Beach/Caribbean, this Friday Iceland. Wonder what next Friday will bring.
Phuket

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...ists-on-july-1
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
New new. The closest they had to it before was BOS-DUB
Actually, they did flew BOS-LGW in the past. They tried and it did not work. This route has been discontinued. Due to low demands.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by TomMM
HA, that would be sorta amazing. 7873nm from SEA though. That's a lllooonnnggg leisure route. But who knows in 2021!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:54 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by rylan
Interesting. I wonder if the skyclub hours will be extended with the start of the service out of BOS as well based on the late departure after 10pm. It currently closes at 7:30pm.
I could see it going either way if it's the only late departure. There isn't a D1 cabin, so you're looking at STE+, SkyClub members, and credit card holders. On a 200 seat airplane flying to a leisure INTL destination you might have 10 - 20 people in that category? Amex pays Delta per visit so that could sway the balance.

Originally Posted by demkr
Wonder if we will eventually get access to the Saga lounge. ATM, I don't think D1 gets access. Hopefully PS can/will too
There's no D1 cabin and Delta does not give STE+ access to contract lounges. Seems very unlikely.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Will we still have to covid test before returning from Iceland to the US? Are hotels in Iceland set up for that? That could still be a worry for some travelers.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was there ever a BOS-KEF nonstop? PMNW? Icelandic?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was there ever a BOS-KEF nonstop? PMNW? Icelandic?

Not by DL or NW.

Icelandair 2-3 flights per day in a normal summer, 1 daily year-round. Wow was 1 daily before its collapse.
Gerbs and will2288 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Iceland main issue is location. It's just too close to US for true J service. DFW-KEF is about the only flight to KEF that I've been on that warranted true J.
LAX/SFO - KEF is long enough to warrant proper service yet even on the 767 fleet assigned to those longer markets, Icelandair opted for the same uncomfortable seats
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by fly747first
LAX/SFO - KEF is long enough to warrant proper service yet even on the 767 fleet assigned to those longer markets, Icelandair opted for the same uncomfortable seats
I wish we had a decent option from the West Coast, it’s either via JFK (and flight very short) or via LHR which is backtracking quite a bit
UA should launch a SFO-KEF this summer that would prob have some decent loads in Biz class. A lot of folks are willing to drop some $$$ on a summer vacay 😁
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
I wish we had a decent option from the West Coast, it’s either via JFK (and flight very short) or via LHR which is backtracking quite a bit
UA should launch a SFO-KEF this summer that would prob have some decent loads in Biz class. A lot of folks are willing to drop some $$$ on a summer vacay 😁
^^THIS^^
Old Mar 28, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Already booked Lax-JFK-Kef in D1 and connection is now 5 hrs after schedule update. Called DL and asked the agent to tighten up the layover in JFK and she said “ it’s way too early to worry about that since between now and August it’s bound to change a lot more , call back in late June or early July and we will work on it”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.