Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huge Alaska Route Expansion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2021, 6:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
The OP was referring to DL. I initially thought AS was targeting DL hubs from ANC!

at this point I am totally confused by the mention of old aircraft types and seats as well as introducing a response mentioning AS.

any idea of pricing and expected lie flat seating configs in the ATL-ANC market?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Longer flight time sitting butt in seat westbound than eastbound.
Dare I mention that the LHR-JFK is westbound and ANC-ATL is eastbound?

I flew CVG-ANC back in the day.
EAJuggalo likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo

any idea of pricing and expected lie flat seating configs in the ATL-ANC market?
Pricing will be known when flights are loaded.

The announcement says ATL-ANC will be a 763.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ty97
Pricing will be known when flights are loaded.

The announcement says ATL-ANC will be a 763.
DL already has O&D fares filed in the ATL-ANC market - and spoiler alert they are extremely high so I wouldn’t get my hopes up! Maybe I’m a pessimist but I don’t see DL being very successful with these adds. Imagine this is more of a pandemic play when they know international longhaul won’t exist than a longer term strategy.

Someone noted that AS has a poor product with no IFE - I actually can say from my personal experience they have far better service and way more movies and TV shows to stream with reliable charging ports at each seat. DL didn’t change the IFE content until recently (had been over a year!) and still has fewer titles than AS streaming IFE. There will be far better options than DL this summer to Alaska - AA probably the best with the 789 on DFW-ANC, UA second best with 752 on EWR-ANC and AS has hourly service from SEA-ANC (and many more destinations than DL in Alaska).
kyushuman likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
JFK-ANC Memories. My favorite CO MR, JFK-IAH-ANC-IAH-JFK. Over 9300 miles. TWA used to fly it direct with a 747.
I’m not an expert on the airline, but I can’t recall that TW ever served ANC
Old Mar 13, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
I’m not an expert on the airline, but I can’t recall that TW ever served ANC
I have the exact dates in NJ and I'm in NOLA. It was a fishing trip and I treated one of my friends to F on TWA's 747 (JFK-ANC-JFK). The most surprising thing was that they gave us unlimited baggage and we had a load of Halibut and Salmon that we brought back at no additional charge. It was around 1987.

Added:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TWA_destinations

Last edited by SuperG1955; Mar 13, 2021 at 7:59 pm
Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Yes, there are some new routes and/or enhanced frequencies to ANC and FAI, but I think the "huge Alaska route expansion" header is a bit overblown. Summer service to JNU, KTN and SIT is a return to what they have done in the past.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:17 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
$2k oneway from ANC. No, thanks, AA is offering a 787 for half that. Good luck, DL...
kyushuman likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Yes, there are some new routes and/or enhanced frequencies to ANC and FAI, but I think the "huge Alaska route expansion" header is a bit overblown. Summer service to JNU, KTN and SIT is a return to what they have done in the past.
Not the only one to use the word huge to describe the adds.
https://onemileatatime.com/delta-flights-alaska/
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Not the only one to use the word huge to describe the adds.
https://onemileatatime.com/delta-flights-alaska/
But he's doing it for Click Bait! You don't need that here.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
The Alaska flights are added but looks like the rest of May was not finalized this weekend unfortunately.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Those who are comparing DL's fares to AA and adding that "AA has a 787 from DFW" -- the very cheapest I'm seeing as a nonstop from DFW, or as a connection from IAH/MCO/MIA/MSP/ORD using the DFW 787 is.... $3000+++ .....for early August, tried several days. If that's the price, then I don't think DL needs to worry too much about 1x/daily widebody competition.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Got the schedule change and was able to get Delta to switch me to the ATL connection instead of the SEA connection. No luck keeping the RUC upgrade tho.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAhome
Got the schedule change and was able to get Delta to switch me to the ATL connection instead of the SEA connection. No luck keeping the RUC upgrade tho.
Checked the flights, and each one has 22 open seats (4 seats taken) I'm guessing that only 4 seats were open for RUC, and we'll have to wait for more to open up later.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
JFK-ANC Memories. My favorite CO MR, JFK-IAH-ANC-IAH-JFK. Over 9300 miles. TWA used to fly it direct with a 747.
Feb 2006 I did an NW MR that involved ANC. NW sold rt coach tickets from the east coast to LHR and AMS for $400 to $500. The deal was they could be routed via HNL and double back.
I did 2 (not pure MRs because I spent 5 days in London and Amsterdam on each.
The routing through ANC was something like DCA-DTW-LAX-HNL-SEA-LHR-DTW-LAX-HNL-SEA-ANC-MSP-DCA. With 2 like that I hit Plat on March 1.
SuperG1955, Pocatello and DCAhome like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.