Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta gold free bag?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Delta gold free bag?

Sorry if this has been asked. I have a flight from cun to mex on delta ticket through to usa. Do i get to use my delta gold card for free checked bag still.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. Flight must be both Delta marketed and Delta operated.

"The first checked bag fee waiver will only be applied on flight segments which originate on a Delta or Delta Connection® carrier when you check-in with Delta for both a Delta marketed and Delta operated flight. Codeshare flights are not eligible."
rashodw likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rashodw
Sorry if this has been asked. I have a flight from cun to mex on delta ticket through to usa. Do i get to use my delta gold card for free checked bag still.
Do you mean GM elite status or a Gold DL AmEx card?

If it's the former, you're SkyTeam ElitePlus and since the first flight will be operated by AM (I assume), you should check their benefits (including luggage) on their website. You probably also get lounge access, to any lounge operated by AM or DL along your route, including MEX.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean GM elite status or a Gold DL AmEx card?

If it's the former, you're SkyTeam ElitePlus and since the first flight will be operated by AM (I assume), you should check their benefits (including luggage) on their website. You probably also get lounge access, to any lounge operated by AM or DL along your route, including MEX.
Delta Amex Gold card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.