Mileage Run to TIJ

Old Mar 8, 21, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
Mileage Run to TIJ

I want to do a MCO-MEX-TIJ-MEX-MCO overnight mileage run. Is a 70-minute TIJ layover enough time to make the turn and catch my return flight to MEX?
Old Mar 8, 21, 5:02 pm

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by frosh View Post
I want to do a MCO-MEX-TIJ-MEX-MCO overnight mileage run. Is a 70-minute TIJ layover enough time to make the turn and catch my return flight to MEX?
I wouldn’t be surprised if the plane that operated MEX-TIJ turns around and operates TIJ-MEX. An easy indicator that this isn’t the case would be if MEX-TIJ And then TIJ-MEX are different aircraft types but if they are the same type, you could possibly look up FlightRadar24 data to see if this is the case.

However, unless you can do mobile check-in or if you run into any issues while trying to do mobile check-in and get told to see an agent, checking in for the return flight, which will include documents checks for international travel, may prove problematic.
Old Mar 9, 21, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
When I did a same-day turn on a mileage run (domestic, though) I was able to check in for both directions at the airport (because it was under 24 hours until the return flight). So that might be possible, even if you need to show an agent your documents.
Old Mar 10, 21, 8:16 am

In this situation, would a negative covid test taken in MCO prior to departure be valid for the return entry testing requirements?
Old Mar 10, 21, 11:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, DL Plat, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
International mileage run to Mexico during covid.

what could possibly go wrong?
Old Mar 10, 21, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KRUXED View Post
In this situation, would a negative covid test taken in MCO prior to departure be valid for the return entry testing requirements?
As long within validity window, yes. Senator Cruz didn't need one dking basically the same.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: