Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Website Now Displays RUC and GUC Certificate Availability-Upgrades Extended to 12/31

Website Now Displays RUC and GUC Certificate Availability-Upgrades Extended to 12/31

Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
Are you sure? I distinctly recall that both mileage upgrade awards and certificates clear into the same OY bucket (and formerly RY as well, and OP/RP before that etc).

Although MUA are no longer available domestically, and perhaps due to that the number of agents who understand the difference between MUA and using miles to pay for FCM at the cash rate seems to be dwindling.​​​​
Last time I knew anyway. I know at one point it was separate buckets. It's been over a year so memory may be rusty and maybe confusing medallion upgrades which I know for sure are different.

ETA - yeah I'm rusty. Was confusing Medallion upgrades, plus if there's a waitlist a certificate is supposed to clear first before mileage. (Last part is what likely tripped me up)
bgriff, MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.

Last edited by flyerCO; Mar 14, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Looks like they check the first, potentially only flight in the itnerary, if it's available then display "first available". Else if there's more than one segment, and the first segment is not available, then check if the next segment is, if there's availabilty on second segment but not first display "One segment available".
Not a bad supposition, but here's a counter-example showing that at least in some cases they examine both segments (either that or they made some fixes in the time that we've been discussing this )

Pop-up shows that only the first flight has availability, summary correctly says "One segment available"

Old Mar 16, 2021, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
unfortunately this new feature is useless for me....traveling from india i only have the option to use either klm, af or vs from india to either the uk or europe before carrying on to usa....not being able to check guc availability for the india - uk/europe sector defeats the whole purpose of being able to check for availability online....
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:36 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Zorak
Not a bad supposition, but here's a counter-example showing that at least in some cases they examine both segments (either that or they made some fixes in the time that we've been discussing this )

Pop-up shows that only the first flight has availability, summary correctly says "One segment available"
Another version of a misleading first-glance display:

And arguably the first display is actually accurate here -- there is Delta One Suites available on SEA-HND, and Delta One Suites aren't offered on JFK-SEA, though Delta One is, and it isn't available for upgrade.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
just pop up and if see if anyone still hasn't got their RUC/GUCs extended...
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:50 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by lonelygod
just pop up and if see if anyone still hasn't got their RUC/GUCs extended...
I think they're still slowly working through it ... as of a few days ago I was at 2 extended, 2 not, but now it looks like I'm at 3/1. (Not extended this round anyway ... the GUCs in question had already been extended once, possibly more than once I forget, in earlier rounds of COVID allowances.)
Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I was at 3 extended, 1 not and when I used 2, they pulled 2 of the extended ones. I called to switch to the July expiring one and was told not to be concerned, it would be extended. So I’ll keep watching out.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mot29
I was at 3 extended, 1 not and when I used 2, they pulled 2 of the extended ones. I called to switch to the July expiring one and was told not to be concerned, it would be extended. So I’ll keep watching out.
I was at there + one a few weeks ago. I checked today, and all four are now extended.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
I'm still waiting on 2 GUCs originally slated to expire 6/10/2020. They were extended once to 12/31/2020, but have since disappeared. Figured I'd give it another few weeks as I imagine they have a bit of a back log to work through.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Still waiting on 4 GUCs to get redeposited. They all cleared at booking for for a May 2020 trip that never happened, and expired in January of this year after the initial extension. 3/4 of my RUCs have been added back with the new 12/31/21 expiration, but one got added back with only a 7/31 expiration date. I'll probably just end up filling out the contact us form later this week if things aren't resolved by then.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Still waiting for my 4 RUC to be extended. We are contemplating a trip to PWM in the next few weeks (once we pass our 2 week vaccine mark) and it would be nice to use those to guarantee F
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:09 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

I've gone from 2/2 to 3/1 to now all 4, so I guess they were still crunching. There's probably another announcement somewhere I haven't seen yet but it looks like a companion cert that had been extended to 12/31/21 has now been further extended to 6/30/22.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mot29
All 4 GUCs are now extended, as are 2 RUCs that still show up even though I've used them for April and Mayt red eyes back from the West Coast.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriff
I've gone from 2/2 to 3/1 to now all 4, so I guess they were still crunching. There's probably another announcement somewhere I haven't seen yet but it looks like a companion cert that had been extended to 12/31/21 has now been further extended to 6/30/22.
Yeah both my companion certs are now at 6/30/2022 which is good but would prefer the RUCs to match (though guess I could call)
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
You can now search for GUC/RUC availability on Delta.com

Tucked into today’s massive set of announcements is this nugget of good news:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...on-accelerator
  • Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates are easier to use: You can now check Upgrade Certificate availability for specific flights and cabins in the delta.com search results before calling Reservations. Upgrade Certificates can also now be used on Award travel and Miles + Cash, and there is no limit to the number of companions you can have (as long as you have a certificate available for each).
I didn’t see this posted elsewhere, but apologies if I missed it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.