Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL - JFK-LAS Consolidated Threads and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL - JFK-LAS Consolidated Threads and questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CES can spin it any way they want, but these do not look like particularly full flights. It could also be the majority of people who are going are already there.

Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
(2) why does DL now project gates 24 hours in advance at JFK?
This is normal SOP. Don't pay too much attention to it until you are leaving for the airport on the day of. Chances are there will be multiple changes throughout, and even after you have arrived at the airport, especially if you usually get to the airport hours ahead of departure.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:02 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
This is normal SOP. Don't pay too much attention to it until you are leaving for the airport on the day of. Chances are there will be multiple changes throughout, and even after you have arrived at the airport, especially if you usually get to the airport hours ahead of departure.
Projecting a gate out of JFK 24 hours in advance is what I'm questining, they've usually made "guesstimates" no earlier than T-12 and even then these changed a few times.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
CES can spin it any way they want, but these do not look like particularly full flights. It could also be the majority of people who are going are already there.

Flts. 430 and 445 get into LAS after CES has ended for the day, coupled with CES ending the entire show one day early, would make these flts. less popular than the morning n/s (which arrives at around 11 am) letting attendess see several hours of CES on the day of arrival.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Not saying this is necessarily indicative of anything, but the two people I know who are going to CES, separately, left for LAS Monday morning. They had events that evening.

Last edited by jetsfan92588; Jan 5, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I just SDC'd from ATL-LAX-LAS to ATL-JFK-LAS tomorrow. I was confirmed in PS on the A350 to LAX, but there were tons of F seats showing unoccupied on the seat map for DL 445 A332 from JFK-LAS so I changed and was immediately upgraded. DM on a K fare. My 1st A350 and first PS flight will have to wait a little longer. Even the ATL-JFK DL 774 is an A330 and I'm #1 (so far) on the list for that lie-flat tomorrow.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:12 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

flight 883 LAS-JFK on 3/6/22 separate issues

(1) on 3/5/22 at 3 pm I called Delta to attach an RUC to my trip; at 3:30 pm (T-24 hrs) I checked in, I noticed I was #1 on upg list with 3 fc seats available.
(2) when I arrived at the airport on 3/6/22 I wanted to reprint my bp, the c/i terminal couldn't reprint my bp--neither could the "special services = wheelchair assist" agent--NOT a big issue since I had my bp on my iPhone, but I always like to have a hard copy "just in case..."
(3) the number of fc seats (on 3/6/22) was now 2 (I was still #1 on upg list), up to T-35 min on the gate monitors: for fc, 34 seats, 32 checked in 2 seats available; at T-30 (when boarding commenced) the monitor showed 34 seats with 34 checked in, my new fc assignment was displayed on the monitor, I was the ONLY one showing a fc seat assignment, what happened to #2? Since I did get my upg I was happy, but at some future time I might be #2 with 2 available fc seats and not get upgraded. By T-35 min shouldn't everyone who checked in be accounted for, in the next 5 minutes did someone PAY for an upg?
(4) near mid flight an announcement was made: "we know there is a temperature issue, to help 'cool down' drink liquids with lots of ice", in fc it was actually too cold.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
(1) on 3/5/22 at 3 pm I called Delta to attach an RUC to my trip; at 3:30 pm (T-24 hrs) I checked in, I noticed I was #1 on upg list with 3 fc seats available.
(2) when I arrived at the airport on 3/6/22 I wanted to reprint my bp, the c/i terminal couldn't reprint my bp--neither could the "special services = wheelchair assist" agent--NOT a big issue since I had my bp on my iPhone, but I always like to have a hard copy "just in case..."
(3) the number of fc seats (on 3/6/22) was now 2 (I was still #1 on upg list), up to T-35 min on the gate monitors: for fc, 34 seats, 32 checked in 2 seats available; at T-30 (when boarding commenced) the monitor showed 34 seats with 34 checked in, my new fc assignment was displayed on the monitor, I was the ONLY one showing a fc seat assignment, what happened to #2? Since I did get my upg I was happy, but at some future time I might be #2 with 2 available fc seats and not get upgraded. By T-35 min shouldn't everyone who checked in be accounted for, in the next 5 minutes did someone PAY for an upg?
(4) near mid flight an announcement was made: "we know there is a temperature issue, to help 'cool down' drink liquids with lots of ice", in fc it was actually too cold.

It's entirely possible that someone paid for that last first class seat after seeing an enticing upgrade offer. It happens a lot on the route that I fly in D1 (JFK-LAX).
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Somebody could've also SDC'd over to that flight from a different one, such as if they were on a later one and arrived at the airport just in time to catch that earlier flight.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:54 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Somebody could've also SDC'd over to that flight from a different one, such as if they were on a later one and arrived at the airport just in time to catch that earlier flight.
LAS is not usually a connection hub. It was only 5 minutes from 2 seats available to 0.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
FC seats are free game even during boarding process and seat shuffles. I've called Delta after check-in to see if I can buy an upgrade or just buy the ticket and e-credit the lower class. There's also the fact that a few of us have documented not being on the upgrade list for whatever reason and when we tell a gate agent they fix it or just give us the seat.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
All this time, drama, energy, etc spent on these upgrades. Wouldn't it just be worth it to buy the darn seat? I mean I look at the hours, time, stress, arithmetic etc spent by many on this board concerning upgrades It just boggles my mind.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DLATL777
All this time, drama, energy, etc spent on these upgrades. Wouldn't it just be worth it to buy the darn seat? I mean I look at the hours, time, stress, arithmetic etc spent by many on this board concerning upgrades It just boggles my mind.
Honestly? Most of the time I spend ten minutes on the phone an a couple minutes of research to find a flight with space at booking. I apply an RUC and effectively save $350. Yes, I think that's worth it.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta PM
JFK-LAS now a 739 from 764...revert?

I have a conference in late May. When I booked 30 days ago it was a 764 both ways and I had PS. Now I find myself in a middle C+ seat on the 739 thanks to a switch. I know this is a stupid hypothetical, but what are the odds it reverts? Flights very full and I'm dreading that ride...
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
End of May is when they switch to their summer schedule. My guess is they decided to move this frame to support added European frequencies -- whether that sticks given the ongoing situation in Ukraine remains to be seen but I would assume any further switches would be narrowbody swaps not a swap back to a widebody

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.