Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL - JFK-LAS Consolidated Threads and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL - JFK-LAS Consolidated Threads and questions

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2021, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
But why aren't they allowing RUC usage (on empty FC)?
Not all RUCs clear at booking...

There are plenty of RUCs that are waitlisted initially and then clear well ahead of departure (and still others that clear close-in where RUCs trump comp upgrades). They may think they can sell those seats so as of today they won't release RUC space at booking (even though F is wide open) but things are dynamic.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:31 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
D1 767-400 LAS-JFK midweek redeye

I've flown lots of D1 between JFK and LAS (many redeye)--I've never flown in a 767-400 on that route, I'm booked on 7/7/21 LAS-JFK 1-2-1 config. I'm not complaining but it's nice that DL is being so "nice".
Old May 25, 2021, 8:56 am

I flew the DL D-1 757 flight from JFK-LAS in Jan-2020. Overall it was a good flight. The seat and food were great. The cabin service was unattentive with minimal service given just to get through the D-1 service. DL usually has more attentive/personal service. The upgraded 767-400 cabin does look great. Enjoy the flight.
Old May 25, 2021, 9:15 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sspontak
I flew the DL D-1 757 flight from JFK-LAS in Jan-2020. Overall it was a good flight. The seat and food were great. The cabin service was unattentive with minimal service given just to get through the D-1 service. DL usually has more attentive/personal service. The upgraded 767-400 cabin does look great. Enjoy the flight.
Nearly all my previous D1s were Fri. JFK-LAS and Sun. LAS-JFK. Weekends are the "big" flying dates in and out of LAS. That they are running a D1 767-400 redeye midweek was a surprise to me. In other threads on FT that DL is not running D1 on many (near) transcons is discussed. Perhaps the AA-Jet Blue alliance could be a factor?
Old May 25, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by nrr
Nearly all my previous D1s were Fri. JFK-LAS and Sun. LAS-JFK. Weekends are the "big" flying dates in and out of LAS. That they are running a D1 767-400 redeye midweek was a surprise to me. In other threads on FT that DL is not running D1 on many (near) transcons is discussed. Perhaps the AA-Jet Blue alliance could be a factor?
That weekend is the McGregor/Poirier fight. D1 flight leaves from JFK around 8 AM and 8PM which allows enough time to connect from the EU or east coast to connect.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Many of these international 767-400s have nowhere to go internationally given the still-limited international network. This past weekend's schedule update now has 764s from JFK to LAX, SAN, SLC, LAS, PHX, and DEN!
N830MH likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Many of these international 767-400s have nowhere to go internationally given the still-limited international network. This past weekend's schedule update now has 764s from JFK to LAX, SAN, SLC, LAS, PHX, and DEN!
You are correct, however the flights mentioned above are being sold as D1, not just a 767-400 flying the route.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
You are correct, however the flights mentioned above are being sold as D1, not just a 767-400 flying the route.
JFK-LAX/SAN are also D1 marketed routes.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: delta PM, united G, marriott titanium, hilton diamond, avis preferred, hertz pres circle
I was on that flight recently. NO pillow and NO blanket in D1. be sure to bring your own.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
I've flown the 764 in D1 twice this year to/from Hawaii. Absolutely fantastic plane and cabin. I can't wait to fly it again when the service is of a higher caliber in order to get the full D1 experience. Unfortunately, Goldfish and Dasani just doesn't quite cut it.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
You know what??? I haven’t flew on the 767-400 for years now. My last time I actually flew on the 767-400 out of FLL-ATL in 2008.
Old May 31, 2021, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rickFPP
I was on that flight recently. NO pillow and NO blanket in D1. be sure to bring your own.
Was it marketed as D1 or F? Unless it's marketed as D1, no pillows/blankets is correct.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:27 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Headphones in D1

On 6/25 I flew. 752 JFK-LAS in D1. The FA distributed the Y (crappy) headphones shortly after t/o, when I asked about the “better” headphones she pulled a stash of these from an overhead bin—had I not asked I would have been stuck with inferior hips for 5 hours.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
On 6/25 I flew. 752 JFK-LAS in D1. The FA distributed the Y (crappy) headphones shortly after t/o, when I asked about the “better” headphones she pulled a stash of these from an overhead bin—had I not asked I would have been stuck with inferior hips for 5 hours.
Gotta keep the crew on their toes. Some have become accustomed to handing out a Sani-wipe at the door and then hiding in the galley for the flight thereafter.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OTOH, I find it hard to sleep in the big D1 headphones. This gives me an idea to bring some from domestic FC to use in D1 when I lay down. [For a while in the past, I had been carrying them with to use with my old iphone on flights without AVOD other than DL Studio.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.