Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NYC Winter Storm February 2021 Operational Impact

Old Feb 1, 21, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

Looks like EWR, LGA and JFK are in the bullseye for 18-24 inches of snow. Not sure if Delta flies there any more but if they do it will be a mess 😁
Old Feb 1, 21, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
Not sure if Delta flies there any more
Care to explain?
Old Feb 1, 21, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM
The way the thread title is written had me initially think the snowstorm lasts from Feb. 1 to Feb. 21
indufan, ekozie, HDQDD and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 21, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indufan View Post
Care to explain?
It was a joke. I flew through JFK last week and it was a ghost town. Lots of planes parked going nowhere, no one around, shops/restaurants closed.
indufan likes this.
Old Feb 1, 21, 12:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 3MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Long wait times on the Diamond Line...

Is this the new "normal" or is it just due to the storms in the NE? I was (am) spoiled by the diamond line usually getting access to an agent real time.
Old Feb 1, 21, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Ya think!?
Old Feb 1, 21, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Old Feb 1, 21, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

I've been averaging about 5 minutes the last few weeks as a Platinum.
Old Feb 1, 21, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I don't call anymore, I just text and have had lots of success with that. Makes it easy to just throw a text during the day or at night and just respond when they get to it (I've got my iMessages up on my Macbook so easy to respond while working and if away from my computer it's easy to respond via my phone)
tardyturtle likes this.
Old Feb 1, 21, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DL Platinum View Post
Is this the new "normal" or is it just due to the storms in the NE? I was (am) spoiled by the diamond line usually getting access to an agent real time.
IME there have been some bad DM line waits within about the last six months. IIRC the worst was about forty minutes for me.
Old Feb 1, 21, 2:43 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have had to wait as a DM several times recently. I always take advantage of the "we can call you back" feature. Its usually not as long as they quote. Usually less than 10 min lately. Im sure today is due to the snow storm. From what I have heard, ALL flights in and out of EWR, LGA and JFK have been cancelled until tomorrow at the earliest. That cant be fun.
Old Feb 1, 21, 3:20 pm

I called last night to the main line at 9:30 pm CT and was quoted a 3 hour wait. I went to messaging instead and got a live person in 5 minutes and the problem was solved in 10.

Last edited by vike16; Feb 1, 21 at 3:49 pm
Old Feb 1, 21, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Pretty much the entire Northeast corridor is shut down today, with what could end up being 2 days of cancellations. I'd be surprised if they weren't slammed, honestly.
Old Feb 1, 21, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Weather + massive disruption of a significant chunk of international travel with people who need testing outbound, inbound or routing through one place or another. Those aren't situations which are typically resolved without a call.
Old Feb 1, 21, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
I called yesterday, probably first time since the pandemic started since I haven't been flying, about using an RUC and inventory (I wish Delta would allow you to look at inventory online and apply them without calling them).

I was told the hold time was about 40 minutes so went with the call back option and it was probably about 25 minutes later I got the callback. I had to wait a couple minutes then to talk to a human but have to say it was one of the best reps I ever talked to. Very nice and eifficient and knowledgeable on RUC's

Search this Thread
Search Engine: