Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer schedule a350 and A330-900

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Summer schedule a350 and A330-900

Does anyone know when the summer schedule will show the A350 and A330-900? At this moment all flights are operated bij the regular a330 or 767. (Europe-US)
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A359 are primarily intended for TPAC travel and very long-haul. You will not likely see many on TATL routes unless TPAC demand remains very low. I believe DL only has 7 A330-900s and has deferred future deliveries on them, so you will likely not find many this summer on TATL routes. They are currently flying SEA-AMS/ICN and JFK-AMS/TLV. It looks like they will mostly be doing TPAC flying out of SEA for the summer.
Mountain Explorer likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 29, 2021 at 8:50 am
Old Jan 29, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Yep, DL seems to like A330ceo and 764s for Europe. I agree that's not likely to change this summer. Hopefully a few A339s next summer
Old Jan 29, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
DL now has eight A339s in service.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by xliioper
I believe DL only has 7 A330-900s
They are up to 8 A339s now (N408DX is the latest one and in service now).

Originally Posted by xliioper
They are currently flying SEA-AMS/ICN and JFK-AMS/TLV. It looks like they will mostly be doing TPAC flying out of SEA for the summer.
So far they have scheduled the A339 on one of the JFK-TLV flights this summer (the late night departure DL234) - I guess to compete against the new AA flight. It remains to be seen how the plane will get to JFK to do the TLV rotation. My guess is that China flying will not be back to anywhere near what has been scheduled (e.g., nonstop SEA-PVG and SEA-PKX daily, LAX-PVG daily, etc). Right now they can't even get PVG to operate nonstop out of SEA or DTW due to China's regulations about crew quarantine and testing. So I am sure we will see some A339s switched over to the Atlantic.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
So far they have scheduled the A339 on one of the JFK-TLV flights this summer (the late night departure DL234) - I guess to compete against the new AA flight. It remains to be seen how the plane will get to JFK to do the TLV rotation. My guess is that China flying will not be back to anywhere near what has been scheduled (e.g., nonstop SEA-PVG and SEA-PKX daily, LAX-PVG daily, etc). Right now they can't even get PVG to operate nonstop out of SEA or DTW due to China's regulations about crew quarantine and testing. So I am sure we will see some A339s switched over to the Atlantic.
I'm not so sure. DL has more planes than it needs and many of them routinely sit and do nothing. I suspect the A339 will just sit at JFK until it's ready to go back to TLV
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Early summer I doubt there will be much change. Maybe by late July or Aug we may see some demand pick up as countries start to open. Hard to say though. I am just glad my late Aug trip isn't on an old 763 (yet)
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by bretthexum
Early summer I doubt there will be much change. Maybe by late July or Aug we may see some demand pick up as countries start to open. Hard to say though. I am just glad my late Aug trip isn't on an old 763 (yet)
I switched my Jul/Aug trip to Swiss Air because DL removed the A339 from SEA-AMS and I'm not a fan of reverse herringbone D1 on the 333. Also it helped that I was able to snag a throne seat on the Swiss 777 which looks pretty awesome.

Of course all that will be moot if the border doesn't reopen by then
Old Jan 30, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I am booked SLC/AMS in the fall. I just checked and noticed they recently changed these flights from 767-300 to A330-200.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Snowcat
I am booked SLC/AMS in the fall. I just checked and noticed they recently changed these flights from 767-300 to A330-200.
Consider yourself lucky. Go play the lottery, enter a sweepstakes....today is your lucky day
Snowcat and SUPERTRAVEL like this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by buckeye91
Consider yourself lucky. Go play the lottery, enter a sweepstakes....today is your lucky day
Of course it could change 3 more times between now and the Fall
Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood/Marriott Gold, AA, DL
HND to LAX just changed on me for July!

My Plane was changed from A350 to A339-neo this past week from Haneda to LAX for a flight in mid July. Was kind of bummed as we had a D1 Suite. Still will be nice though. We already have the A339 from Sea to ICN.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awinner
My Plane was changed from A350 to A339-neo this past week from Haneda to LAX for a flight in mid July. Was kind of bummed as we had a D1 Suite. Still will be nice though. We already have the A339 from Sea to ICN.
The A339-neo's have suites as well and they look to be roughly the same size as the ones in the A359s -- https://thepointsguy.com/guide/ultim...ta-one-suites/. The one's being installed in 764's are smaller.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I switched my Jul/Aug trip to Swiss Air because DL removed the A339 from SEA-AMS and I'm not a fan of reverse herringbone D1 on the 333. Also it helped that I was able to snag a throne seat on the Swiss 777 which looks pretty awesome.
What do you mean snag? LX charges for seat assignments in Business Class, but if you are willing to pay for it, throne seats are usually widely available far in advance.
audidudi likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
What do you mean snag? LX charges for seat assignments in Business Class, but if you are willing to pay for it, throne seats are usually widely available far in advance.
Haha, ok, I was able to snag 4A which looks more like F with a huge footwell, 3 windows and located in an 2-row mini cabin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.