Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn An Extra Boost to 2022 Medallion® Status: Via CC Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Just got this email from Delta:

DELTA SKYMILES PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS

With Status Boost in 2021, you can earn 12,500 MQMs after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Delta Platinum Card, up to two times. That’s 2,500 more MQMs than the 10,000 MQMs you usually earn, which means you could reach Silver Medallion Status on Card purchases alone

DELTA SKYMILES RESERVE CARD MEMBERS

With Status Boost in 2021, you can earn 18,750 MQMs after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Delta Reserve Card, up to four times. That’s 3,750 more MQMs than the 15,000 MQMs you usually earn, which means you could reach Platinum Medallion Status on Card purchases alone.
I guess it's something.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
It's something, but with total rollover from 2020, MQM boost aren't as useful as years past.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was announced on Dec 10th and discussed in several threads here already -- https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/d...-benefits.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32876313-post114.html

Some of us got lucky and got the higher boost for 2020 spend -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32924528-post164.html

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 27, 2021 at 7:31 pm
Old Jan 28, 2021, 7:33 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
As I said elsewhere, being a 2MM, retired and along with Covid-19 not flying at the moment, I really miss the 10,000 RDM that used to come with reaching the $25,000 threshold. The additional MQM don't do anything for me. Still saving miles in hopes to fly one day post COVID.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
MQM's won't do me much good but I get 8 status boosts between my two reserve cards each year for the diamond waiver so it will help me reach my next MM status a little faster.

I wish they would have offered A RDM boost in addition.

I got screwed last year. I had a few big charges and didn't know covid was going to hit and they would extend my status and got my in $250K spend waiver by late Feb. And then they did the mileage booster promo. Makes me sick I didn't put that spend on another card that was worth a lot more than 250K skypesos. At least I'm closer to my next MM status though which will come in handy when I retire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.