Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2021 PM and DM Choice Benefits Are Now Available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 PM and DM Choice Benefits Are Now Available

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
In another thread, it was posted that it appears you only get PM benefits too if you organically qualified for PM for the medallion year. If your DM status is extended status, you only get 3 choice benefits (no PM choice benefits because you never “hit” PM).
Good find. There is a certain logic to that. So I get the Platinum option because I hit the requirements in 2020, but yet they didn't deduct the MQMs from me. I guess that's something to show for the fact that I did have the MQMs and the MQD waiver.

Feels maybe a little like they're nickel-and-diming here, but overall, they're being pretty generous, IMO.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by josephstern
Good find. There is a certain logic to that. So I get the Platinum option because I hit the requirements in 2020, but yet they didn't deduct the MQMs from me. I guess that's something to show for the fact that I did have the MQMs and the MQD waiver.

Feels maybe a little like they're nickel-and-diming here, but overall, they're being pretty generous, IMO.
I think it's reasonable, but it's not what people expected without any explicit statement that this would be how Choice Benefits are handled for those with the COVID-19 status extension to DM. If this had been announced earlier, it would have been an incentive for some DMs to strive to reach the normal PM requirements by the end of 2020. [Disclosure: I easily earned PM in 2020 (and my PM Choice Benefits appeared as expected), so it doesn't matter to me personally.] There might be an argument about how those who achieved a level through a status match/challenge or comp (or had such a matched/challenged/comped status level extended) have been treated in comparison regarding Choice Benefits.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think it's reasonable, but it's not what people expected without any explicit statement that this would be how Choice Benefits are handled for those with the COVID-19 status extension to DM. If this had been announced earlier, it would have been an incentive for some DMs to strive to reach the normal PM requirements by the end of 2020. [Disclosure: I easily earned PM in 2020 (and my PM Choice Benefits appeared as expected), so it doesn't matter to me personally.] There might be an argument about how those who achieved a level through a status match/challenge or comp (or had such a matched/challenged/comped status level extended) have been treated in comparison regarding Choice Benefits.
Good point. Hard to know how to achieve benefits like this if the company doesn't make it clear.

They're looking for Blind Loyalty, and apparently, we both gave it to them.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good point. Hard to know how to achieve benefits like this if the company doesn't make it clear.

They're looking for Blind Loyalty, and apparently, we both gave it to them.
In my case, I wouldn't call it blind loyalty. I got my PM choice benefits sometime around early fall, when I satisfied the standard requirements for PM. Then my DM choice benefits arrived on February 1st. I expect to see next year's PM choice benefits as soon as I hit $25K spend for the MQD waiver.

OTOH I am a hub captive.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my case, I wouldn't call it blind loyalty. I got my PM choice benefits sometime around early fall, when I satisfied the standard requirements for PM. Then my DM choice benefits arrived on February 1st. I expect to see next year's PM choice benefits as soon as I hit $25K spend for the MQD waiver.

OTOH I am a hub captive.
But when you got your PM benefits by qualifying in 2020, did you know that you wouldn't otherwise get them now, along with your DM benefits due to the special changes?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:57 am

But when you got your PM benefits by qualifying in 2020, did you know that you wouldn't otherwise get them now, along with your DM benefits due to the special changes?
No, but I would have re-qualified for at least PM automatically, without any trying. There was no decision to make in my case.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, but I would have re-qualified for at least PM automatically, without any trying. There was no decision to make in my case.
OK - same for me.

If Delta had made that goalpost clear, I'd think they would have brought in some extra revenue from customers trying to score it.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
I definitely would have qualified for Platinum just to get the Platinum Choice....if I had known that I needed to.

Sad and irritated about missing out on the Regional Upgrades.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by marcworld
I definitely would have qualified for Platinum just to get the Platinum Choice....if I had known that I needed to.

Sad and irritated about missing out on the Regional Upgrades.
You can pick some RUCs for a DM choice benefit, but it will cost you some GUCs.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone else see 2022 Choice Benefit options choices as well? I have options expiring 2022 as well as 2023.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by rune87
Does anyone else see 2022 Choice Benefit options choices as well? I have options expiring 2022 as well as 2023.
I think that's just the instructional text? On the selection page, it's just 2021.
CHOICE BENEFITS SELECTION DEADLINES:

2021 Medallion Year: You may select one benefit when you qualify for Platinum Medallion Status; you may select three benefits when you qualify for Diamond Medallion Status. Select by January 31, 2022.

2022 Medallion Year: You may select one benefit when you qualify for Platinum Medallion Status; you may select three benefits when you qualify for Diamond Medallion Status. Select by January 31, 2023.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:22 pm

I think that's just the instructional text? On the selection page, it's just 2021.
It says that, however its letting me select them and says I have choices available.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:27 pm

It says that, however its letting me select them and says I have choices available.
Well then I'm very curious about your MQM & MQD situation - did you already qualify for 2022 status? Nice job.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:31 pm

Well then I'm very curious about your MQM & MQD situation - did you already qualify for 2022 status? Nice job.
Nope. I did the Diamond status challenge from October. Qualified in 2020. So I'm wondering if its something related to that. Definitely not going to turn down 7 choices though. Now I just need to be able to use GUC.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:38 pm

Nope. I did the Diamond status challenge from October. Qualified in 2020. So I'm wondering if its something related to that. Definitely not going to turn down 7 choices though. Now I just need to be able to use GUC.
Some of the more hardcore FT people on here will probably know how this happened but I'm just in awe. That is the most lucrative outcome imaginable of a status challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.