Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reminder to select 2020 Plat/Diamond Choice Benefits!

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 27, 21, 2:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Zorak
Wiki Link
Direct link: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html

The actual link/button to select your benefits is the nearly-unreadable blue-on-red text in the screenshot below that says "SELECT YOUR CHOICE BENEFITS"

You'll need to be logged in to make any actual selections (if you aren't already logged in, clicking on the button will redirect you to the login page)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 23, 21, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Delta PM

A reminder that you MUST select any remaining Platinum or Diamond Choice Benefits no later than January 31, 2021.
There are no exceptions to this!
Spiff and FlyinHawaiian like this.
Old Jan 23, 21, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Gold; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Thanks for the reminder. I didn't make Plat in 2020 but my wife did. Where does she go to access the list of benefits and select one to be applied?
Old Jan 23, 21, 1:56 pm

Login to website (easier than with app). Then just search 'choice benefits' and you'll be taken straight to page where you select choice benefits for which you're eligible.
jalves likes this.
Old Jan 23, 21, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
Thanks for the reminder. I didn't make Plat in 2020 but my wife did. Where does she go to access the list of benefits and select one to be applied?
Here's a direct link: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
jalves likes this.
Old Jan 23, 21, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Delta PM
A couple of really important reminders:

1.) At this point, do NOT select "gift silver/gold medallion status." This benefit expires January 31, 2021, REGARDLESS OF WHEN YOU SELECT IT. Meaning, if you gifted status to some one, they'd have it all of 8 days at this point.

2.) RUC/GUCs are valid from one year AFTER selection date. Therefore, wait to select them on January 31 for the maximum length of time you can.
jalves likes this.
Old Jan 23, 21, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
A couple of really important reminders:

1.) At this point, do NOT select "gift silver/gold medallion status." This benefit expires January 31, 2021, REGARDLESS OF WHEN YOU SELECT IT. Meaning, if you gifted status to some one, they'd have it all of 8 days at this point.

2.) RUC/GUCs are valid from one year AFTER selection date. Therefore, wait to select them on January 31 for the maximum length of time you can.
Re: (1) I thought consensus was that status gifted from 2020 choice benefits was extended regardless of when it was selected? Is that not the case?

General distilled wisdom about choice benefits can be found in: Platinum and Diamond Medallion Choice Benefits (The Definitive Thread)

(see the wiki at the top of that thread for summary & references to other related threads)
Old Jan 24, 21, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I don't know what to select. Still have my PM and DM CB to pick. I would really like to select the GUCs but not sure how international travel will go this year, I don't want to waste them if I'm not traveling International.
Already have SC access with Reserve card. I'm leaning towards $200 credits or miles.
Old Jan 24, 21, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Eddie98 View Post
I don't know what to select. Still have my PM and DM CB to pick. I would really like to select the GUCs but not sure how international travel will go this year, I don't want to waste them if I'm not traveling International.
Already have SC access with Reserve card. I'm leaning towards $200 credits or miles.
I went with miles. I don't need four more RUCs expiring on me.
Old Jan 24, 21, 9:06 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer View Post
I went with miles. I don't need four more RUCs expiring on me.
I will probably select miles for one of them, possbile RUCs, my wife and I will travel out West this summer and want to make sure we get upgraded.
Old Jan 25, 21, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Where's the link to choose? I logged on to the choice benefit page but didn't see a link to make choices!
Old Jan 25, 21, 11:59 am

Deleted
Old Jan 25, 21, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by RobertS975 View Post
Where's the link to choose? I logged on to the choice benefit page but didn't see a link to make choices!
Appreciate the reminder, first off (to OP).

The link is there, but the button appears to be rendering funny. It's a red button just above the top of the list.
RobertS975 and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 25, 21, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by dcadwell View Post
Appreciate the reminder, first off (to OP).

The link is there, but the button appears to be rendering funny. It's a red button just above the top of the list.
Your right! It was almost invisible, like the very last few pages on the color blind screening test!
Old Jan 26, 21, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I'm on-line and have selected my remaining benefits, both Platinum and Diamond.

But, when I click on the "Review and Confirm" button, a pop-up window flashes, too quick to read, and the selection page remains as before. Still shows what I selected, but does not show them as being confirmed.
Old Jan 26, 21, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by RobertS975 View Post
Your right! It was almost invisible, like the very last few pages on the color blind screening test!
Yep! It definitely took me a second to find it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: