Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Originally Posted by mrwhizzard View Post
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else is in this situation. On the website, I found that I was able to use up to 3 different eCredits, for 3 different passengers, to book a new flight. Of course, I have 4 passengers to rebook, but at least this lets me do it in two transactions instead of 4.

To do this, go to https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents, then click "+Add a Certificate or eCredit" (keeping in mind, it won't save eCredits for other people in your wallet, so you can't enter them ahead of time). Once you have the 3 entered that you want to use, click the checkmark next to those three, and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Print Wikipost

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G

This has been going on for months for me across multiple browsers:

There are no checkboxes for any of my ecredits that show up.
Book a ticket, select use ecredits for payment... takes me to the screen where
I SEE the ecredits.
But there's not a column for checkboxes to USE my ecredits.

Please tell me someone else is experiencing this... or knows how to fix?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:06 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I have one for $1.90 that's been in my account for a while. Same exact situation - no tick box. I can't remember what I did - - maybe I entered the number manually, but, one time I actually got DL.com to say something like - - Name Mismatch.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the placement of my middle initial - I dunno!

I don't understand how the name wouldn't match if it came from a ticket with my name on it, also booked on DL.com!

Good luck!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
I had to call in and get it applied. The tech wanted to go through the steps to verify what was happening. It took about 10 minutes to get booked.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
check the spelling on your e-certs. My company travel agent books my tickets with my middle initial connected to my first name for some reason, and my SkyMiles account has it with a space in between. Since the e-certs issued after December 15th are non-transferable, if the name doesn't match exactly, you can see it but no check box appears. I had to call an agent to apply one also.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by GreerApproach
This has been going on for months for me across multiple browsers:

There are no checkboxes for any of my ecredits that show up.
I SEE the ecredits.
But there's not a column for checkboxes to USE my ecredits.

Please tell me someone else is experiencing this... or knows how to fix?
Same thing happened to me. I could see the credit (and it had the correct name) but couldn't apply them to a ticket. After I booked a ticket last week I called up and the rep was able to apply the credit after reissuing the ticket. There was no problem since it was within 24 hours. I don't know if they can apply the credit to a previously booked ticket after the 24 hour period.

If it matters, my credit came from SDCing from a connecting flight to a nonstop.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Same thing here. I had to call to be able to use the e-cert. Keep getting a red error message concerning my name on the e-cert. It does match my real name though. Suspect a glitch...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
i have several and tried to use the one that most closely matched the fare... same thing no check box..
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GreerApproach
...There are no checkboxes for any of my ecredits that show up.
I SEE the ecredits.
But there's not a column for checkboxes to USE my ecredits....
Start from scratch. Choose Use ecredit first, tick checkbox before you search for flights.
AKC6 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:42 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by TerryK
Start from scratch. Choose Use ecredit first, tick checkbox before you search for flights.
This is the work around I have found. It isn't as easy but it works.

From the main dl.com go to profile, then certificates, then click on the certificate you want to use.

That will take you to the flight search page and the e-cert will follow you through the bokking process.

I emailed Delta back and forth multiple times. They refused to acknowledge there was an issue.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Same thing here. I had to call to be able to use the e-cert. Keep getting a red error message concerning my name on the e-cert. It does match my real name though. Suspect a glitch...
Same problem, same solution so it must be one of those famous glitches we keep hearing about.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:48 am

I had this issue a few weeks ago with no check box (tried multiple browsers), and had to call to get a TCV applied. I clearly explained that I had to ticket on the phone because delta.com had an issue. When the agent was done, she has the price with the $25 ticketing fee. She gave me this song and dance about how she might be able to have it waived, but it would require a supervisor and that would be a pain for both of us, and wouldn't it just be easier if I paid the ticketing fee. I said no way, get the supervisor. It took about 5 min to get the fee waived.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Each credit has some variation of my names

FIRSTNAMEMIDDLENAME space LAST NAME

or

FIRSTNAME space LASTNAME

or

FIRSTNAME space MIDDLENAME space LASTNAME

Basically based on what the phone agents wanted to write vs the online autofill

If all the credits match the SM# why can't all the credits work online?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
I had this exact problem last week. I could see my ecertificate but there was no way to apply it to my fare. I called DL and started the reservation all over again with the agent. Obviously, something's not working here.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:16 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by A4K
This is the work around I have found. It isn't as easy but it works.

From the main dl.com go to profile, then certificates, then click on the certificate you want to use.

That will take you to the flight search page and the e-cert will follow you through the bokking process.

I emailed Delta back and forth multiple times. They refused to acknowledge there was an issue.
+1 on this - the workaround is what I use to book using e-certs.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
I booked tickets last month and had the same problem. I used the TTU online to complain and got a generic "we reported this bug to the website team" message and never heard anything else. It didn't occur to me to try calling after I booked the tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.