Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Originally Posted by mrwhizzard View Post
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else is in this situation. On the website, I found that I was able to use up to 3 different eCredits, for 3 different passengers, to book a new flight. Of course, I have 4 passengers to rebook, but at least this lets me do it in two transactions instead of 4.

To do this, go to https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents, then click "+Add a Certificate or eCredit" (keeping in mind, it won't save eCredits for other people in your wallet, so you can't enter them ahead of time). Once you have the 3 entered that you want to use, click the checkmark next to those three, and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Print Wikipost

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
During the year I made two previous cancellations and it was all straight forward with no form requesting extraneous already-in-the-system information.

On this occasion I pressed the standard “cancel” button with no intent nor expectation of a refund. It made me fill out that form anyway.

I actually did make the booking with a combination of eCredit and cash (non-DL AMEX card).
Was any portion of the ticket refundable? Ie had you just rebooked and were within midnight of day after? (Only any extra paid over the previously existing eticket would be refunded, but itll load the refund page)
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Was any portion of the ticket refundable? Ie had you just rebooked and were within midnight of day after? (Only any extra paid over the previously existing eticket would be refunded, but itll load the refund page)
I don’t think any of it was refundable, but all “eCredit-able.” The second ticket wasn’t booked within within midnight but it was booked with eCredits and only a little cash over the previously existing ticket.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hello,

I have a question regarding using ecredits from cancelled trips booked through Amex Travel. I have a booking through them that I might end up cancelling to get a Delta ecredit (or that what I believe I will be issued). Does anyone know if this credit has to be used through Amex Travel or if I could use it directly on Delta.com?

Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA PPro
So I have a $100 e-credit that was issued to me complementary, that has to be booked this month, as well as an amex offer to book a $200 ticket and get $75 back. So my thinking is I book a non-basic economy ticket for any time in the future for $300, apply the $100 credit, trigger the amex offer, then cancel the ticket for a new $300 e-credit that will only cost me $125 out of pocket. Does that sound right?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:14 pm

Is there a way to combine multiple eCredits? I was told that only three eCredits can be used in each transaction, but I have six eCredits that are all less than $50 which I'd like to use. I'd like to combine them so I can use them all at the same time on a single ticket.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Hi, can an e credit that I received be used to buy two tickets for 2 different persons?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Am I allowed to use an eCredit to cover the cost of two tickets on the same itinerary (me and my wife)?

Right now trip is pricing at $526 total. I have a $340 credit that will zero out my ticket but I'd like to apply it to a portion of my wife's ticket to get that ticket under $250 (so I can use my AMEX benefit) because right now I'm sitting just too high at $263.

I guess I can buy a $50 gift card and just call and they'll manually apply a giftcard with the ecredit?

Last edited by Duke787; Jan 14, 2022 at 5:47 pm
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
During the year I made two previous cancellations and it was all straight forward with no form requesting extraneous already-in-the-system information.

On this occasion I pressed the standard “cancel” button with no intent nor expectation of a refund. It made me fill out that form anyway.

I actually did make the booking with a combination of eCredit and cash (non-DL AMEX card).
What was the outcome of this?

I just had to cancel a ticket bought with eCredit + Credit Card and it redirected me to the refund form. Upon checking here on FT, seems like it's not uncommon.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I am SO sick of getting the -we can't tell how much this ecredit is, call us message. Delta IT strikes again
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
What was the outcome of this?

I just had to cancel a ticket bought with eCredit + Credit Card and it redirected me to the refund form. Upon checking here on FT, seems like it's not uncommon.
Sorry for the delayed response. I just saw this. I did eventually get the ecredit. I forgot how long it took.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I had 2 ecredits from canceled trips May 2020. They've got the extended deadline to 12/31/2023. If I use on now and cancel it, will the ecredit return to that expiry date or will it be 12 months from purchase date?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I had 2 ecredits from canceled trips May 2020. They've got the extended deadline to 12/31/2023. If I use on now and cancel it, will the ecredit return to that expiry date or will it be 12 months from purchase date?
It'll still be 31 Dec 2023 -- you'll see "Expiration Date: 31DEC23" in the receipt email (it says that even on tickets newly booked using all new funds)
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
It'll still be 31 Dec 2023 -- you'll see "Expiration Date: 31DEC23" in the receipt email (it says that even on tickets newly booked using all new funds)
Excellent! Thank you.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:31 am

anyone know how to use extra seat e-credits online? the first name says EXST which isn't letting me use it for the same person that the e-credit is for..
Old May 11, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
I have a question. I have an ecredit that expires in January 2023. If I buy a plane ticket BEFORE the ecredit is expired, but the flight is scheduled after the expiration date will the ticket be valid? Or do I need to actually use the ticket before the ecredit expiration date? Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.