Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 9, 21, 2:14 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ryandc99
Wiki Link
Originally Posted by mrwhizzard View Post
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else is in this situation. On the website, I found that I was able to use up to 3 different eCredits, for 3 different passengers, to book a new flight. Of course, I have 4 passengers to rebook, but at least this lets me do it in two transactions instead of 4.

To do this, go to https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents, then click "+Add a Certificate or eCredit" (keeping in mind, it won't save eCredits for other people in your wallet, so you can't enter them ahead of time). Once you have the 3 entered that you want to use, click the checkmark next to those three, and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 26, 20, 9:23 am
  #61  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 23,757
Originally Posted by jerry90210 View Post
My flight is tomorrow on Monday. Do i have till midnight Sunday night to cancel? I can do this online right? I don't need to call delta? I know delta will put you on a long wait.
You always have till midnight the day after purchase or untill flight departure (if purchasing the day before departure) to cancel and get refund. Can be done online.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Jan 3, 21, 2:33 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,900
Ecredits not working?



Looking up or attempting to use e-certs has always been somewhat flakey for me, but this looks like something else. Anyone have a workaround? Iím not eager to dictate 8+ ticket numbers with an agent on the phone.

Related: when online cancel fails and is queued up for manual action for days, it seems like a horrible attack against revenue management. My seat and upgrade persists against a flight Iím not going to take right through to the checkin deadline. I wonder why there isnít better prioritization of that?
jjclancy is offline  
Old Jan 3, 21, 2:41 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MCO
Programs: AA,AC,DL,F9,UA,WN
Posts: 404
I recently redeemed some eCerts with some of them showing in my account and some of them not showing. To book the reservation, I had to do it on the phone with a Delta rep. She asked for the ticket number for the credit not showing and with that found the credit right away. As indicated in that message, I think you have to be ready to use the missing credit right away. It really helped to have the ticket number from the cancelled res.
SUPERTRAVEL is offline  
Old Jan 3, 21, 3:00 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,900
These individual ecredits were previously shown with real values via the same interface, so I suspect it is something systemic rather than something broken with the specific credit/ticket.
jjclancy is offline  
Old Jan 3, 21, 4:10 pm
  #65  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 99,067
Originally Posted by jjclancy View Post


Looking up or attempting to use e-certs has always been somewhat flakey for me, but this looks like something else. Anyone have a workaround? Iím not eager to dictate 8+ ticket numbers with an agent on the phone.

Related: when online cancel fails and is queued up for manual action for days, it seems like a horrible attack against revenue management. My seat and upgrade persists against a flight Iím not going to take right through to the checkin deadline. I wonder why there isnít better prioritization of that?
I recently cancelled a flight at the last minute, by phone. I could almost immediately see availability increase on EF and then decrease again closer to departure time, all ob the day of travel. [I had been watching as a way of attempting to check how often EF updates their data and whether we're really seeing real-time availability since the automated searches are not continuous.]
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jan 3, 21, 4:47 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I recently cancelled a flight at the last minute, by phone.
Canceling by phone, or canceling successfully by web, is indeed instantly effective. My case (twice now) is ďyou canít do this online right now, fill out this form and weíll get to it in a week.Ē Inventory held through that time, including reminders to checkin...
jjclancy is offline  
Old Jan 3, 21, 10:52 pm
  #67  
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,741
Originally Posted by jjclancy View Post
These individual ecredits were previously shown with real values via the same interface, so I suspect it is something systemic rather than something broken with the specific credit/ticket.
I have seen this on e credits with multiple cancellations and "additional collections"

For example: book round trip for $100, cancel.

Rebook for something that costs $150 and cancel.

Now your voucher is worth $150 but this can only be seen manually from what phone reps have told me. I have a few vacations that have pushed a few times and vouchers in this situation
gooselee likes this.
ryandc99 is offline  
Old Jan 4, 21, 8:04 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MSN
Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
Posts: 225
I had the same issue. My wife and I booked a trip for Oct 2020 that multiple schedule changes and fare changes. So the ticket had multiple payment sources. By the time we had to cancel the trip, the rep said we would have to call back in to use it. So we did call in today, and successfully used the full value on a new reservation. We were even able to add all of our other remaining e-credits to it, and pay the remainder with a credit card.

So calling in does work for these types of tickets.
blitzcon is offline  
Old Jan 4, 21, 5:42 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle
Programs: AA Exec Plat; Hilton Gold, United 1K, Delta Platinum Medallion
Posts: 115
My eCredits were not working. I went to https://www.delta.com/redeem and signed into my account. All of my eCredits showed up and I was able to book with them.
Pocatello likes this.
Droundtheworld is offline  
Old Jan 4, 21, 5:46 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE USA
Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Posts: 1,955
I booked an itinerary and then tried to apply an e-credit during check-out and got that message.

I started over and clicked on the e-credit FIRST (checking the box under e-credits) and then booked the itinerary and completed the transaction with no problem.
Pocatello likes this.
dilbertsdaddy is offline  
Old Jan 5, 21, 7:50 am
  #71  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 13,813
I can see my ecredits/etickets but of course can't select more than one. Even ones that are supposed to be combineable, and were a week ago... now it only lets me pick one.
rylan is offline  
Old Jan 5, 21, 8:10 am
  #72  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 99,067
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy View Post
I booked an itinerary and then tried to apply an e-credit during check-out and got that message.

I started over and clicked on the e-credit FIRST (checking the box under e-credits) and then booked the itinerary and completed the transaction with no problem.
IME this is SOP.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jan 5, 21, 10:17 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LAS
Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 894
Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
I have seen this on e credits with multiple cancellations and "additional collections"

For example: book round trip for $100, cancel.

Rebook for something that costs $150 and cancel.

Now your voucher is worth $150 but this can only be seen manually from what phone reps have told me. I have a few vacations that have pushed a few times and vouchers in this situation
recently had this happen. it was about 3-4 nested trip vouchers and the entire thing was mucked up. the phone agent specifically cited the number of combined vouchers as the reason
gitismatt is offline  
Old Jan 6, 21, 7:49 pm
  #74  
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,741
Originally Posted by gitismatt View Post
recently had this happen. it was about 3-4 nested trip vouchers and the entire thing was mucked up. the phone agent specifically cited the number of combined vouchers as the reason
exactly... from what the reps say it sounds like it is a line by line exercise to calculate the value of the voucher.
ryandc99 is offline  
Old Jan 16, 21, 8:07 am
  #75  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Posts: 4,042
Anyone know how to book online using 3 ecredits per passenger?

I have 3 ecredits and my wife has 3 ecredites. Trying to use all of them online (3 per passenger) per the rules, but the system doesn't seem to allow you to click off 6 in the front screen.

Tried to use 3 and then add 3 at the end (on the payment screen) and said you can't do that.
FlyAO2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread