Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Kudos to DL for allowing Delayed passengers to pick up "To-Go" bags at LAX Skyclub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kudos to DL for allowing Delayed passengers to pick up "To-Go" bags at LAX Skyclub

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry

A work necessitated last minute hop to the east coast last monday found me sitting in the nearly empty LAX Terminal 2 Sky Club about 2 hours before my red eye to JFK. Knowing very well that the bar was closed and only "To-Go" bags available for enjoyment outside, I was surprised to hear a short time later the sounds of a crowd forming in the now "Velvet Rope" corralled area where the "To-Go" bags are put together by staff. These bags are then sealed with a sticker advising that the contents must be consumed outside. There were a good 20-30 people queued up and who soon proceeded to select their snacks and then walk out of the Sky Club. A few wandered into the lounge but then walked out once they were reminded that all food/drink consumption in the lounge was Verboten.

On my way out, I thanked the check-in agents as I normally do and inquired about the sudden rush of folks that had just as quickly disappeared. Subsequently was told that their DL flight had been delayed and that since the Sky Club would be closing soon, they were momentarily allowed to step in for some take away snacks while they waited. I'm assuming that this was a call by a DL Red Coat with good "field expedience" since the recent Thanksgiving Day delays and cancellations. Suffice to say I was pleased with the explanation.

Anyone else see this occurring in their Sky Clubs?
Spiff, ryw, kthomas and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Hepsaint; Dec 18, 2020 at 10:02 am
Old Dec 18, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
For as much as folks have been riffing on Delta lately for the changes in their service offerings, I have generally found their staff to be thoughtful and courteous when it really counts. I'm glad to hear they were able to do a little extra to help the passengers on the delayed flight!
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:29 pm

Very nice
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat and Lifetime Plat DL Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hepsaint
A work necessitated last minute hop to the east coast last monday found me sitting in the nearly empty LAX Terminal 2 Sky Club about 2 hours before my red eye to JFK. Knowing very well that the bar was closed and only "To-Go" bags available for enjoyment outside, I was surprised to hear a short time later the sounds of a crowd forming in the now "Velvet Rope" corralled area where the "To-Go" bags are put together by staff. These bags are then sealed with a sticker advising that the contents must be consumed outside. There were a good 20-30 people queued up and who soon proceeded to select their snacks and then walk out of the Sky Club. A few wandered into the lounge but then walked out once they were reminded that all food/drink consumption in the lounge was Verboten.
This was being done because of COVID restrictions by the health department

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.