Cardstock BP's at ATL

Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Cardstock BP's at ATL

I like to collect my bp's in a folder as souvenirs, and therefore have a preference for cardstock vs. the thermal slips from the kiosk and certain counters. I know from experience that the Sky Priority desk in South has them, but am particularly interested if there are any places airside that print them at ATL?

Appreciate any input.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I like to collect my bp's in a folder as souvenirs, and therefore have a preference for cardstock vs. the thermal slips from the kiosk and certain counters. I know from experience that the Sky Priority desk in South has them, but am particularly interested if there are any places airside that print them at ATL?

Appreciate any input.
Airside terminal F/E gates. This is due to international airlines using those gates also.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I prefer the card stock BPs too
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM
I prefer electronic ones - reduces the amount of paper clutter I consider keeping and saves a tree
In2ishn likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Not only do I like to keep them, they are nicer to handle as they don't rip as easy.

Originally Posted by cre95
I prefer electronic ones - reduces the amount of paper clutter I consider keeping and saves a tree
While those can be convenient sometimes, I've lost count how many people in front of me have attempted to scan it only for their screen to darken,
AANYC1981 and ryw like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:51 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cre95
Paper ones are much better when you have to submit a claim for missing miles.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I only seek them out for the flights on which I am going to pass a MM milestone. I have them for 1MM, 2MM and 3MM.

Covid is making 4MM look very unlikely. But the virus has given us far more significant matters to be concerned about.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Even though I use the mobile BP most of the time, I always get a paper boarding pass just in case something happens like my phone dies or the app crashes or the systems at the airport go down etc. Plus it's a neat souvenir at the end.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:19 pm

The biggest problem with the thermal boarding passes is that over time, the printing becomes lighter and the paper becomes darker. After 7 or 8 years, they are illegible.

I prefer cardstock boarding passes for this reason.
miamiflyer8, AANYC1981 and ryw like this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JoeDTW
The biggest problem with the thermal boarding passes is that over time, the printing becomes lighter and the paper becomes darker. After 7 or 8 years, they are illegible.
Another problem especially in COVID times is that hand sanitizer makes the ink run, so make sure your hands are dry (luckily the part I grabbed wasn't the barcode)
JoeDTW likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.