Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Quarantine Free admittance into Europe (Rome/Amsterdam) Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Quarantine Free admittance into Europe (Rome/Amsterdam) Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by bbbacres
Delta and its KLM partners will be flying to Amsterdam quarantine free. You take a test before you go and a rapid test on arrival. You may then visit The Netherlands quarantine free. (if I have this right). My question is does it work the other way? In spite of the travel ban, may Dutch people now come here under the same conditions?
The only change here is quarantine. With these procedures, travelers can enter AMS without quarantine.

There is no mandatory quarantine requirement in the USA (except for Hawaii). So all arrivals already can skip quarantine.

Travel bans have nothing to do with quarantine. This changes nothing about the ability to enter any country.

Last edited by ryandc99; Jan 12, 2021 at 3:18 pm
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
The only change here is quarantine. With these procedures, travelers can enter AMS without quarantine.

There is no mandatory quarantine requirement in the USA (except for Hawaii). So all arrivals already can skip quarantine.
Yes there is. Massachusetts for one.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Yes there is. Massachusetts for one.
Fair enough, but if it isn't enforced (as in zero enforcement), I don't consider it mandatory...
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
DL extending COVID corridor flights to Italy

Italy Covid-Tested Flight (delta.com)

This all sounds great, but when Italy is in lockdown it will not do you much good unless you want to sit in your hotel room 24/7 while in Italy. Hopefully the lockdown will be lifted soon so that travelers can use the benefits of this offering. I had to cancel my trip to FCO over Easter due to the lockdown. It would be nice for DL to extend this offering to other major destinations around the world to boost international travel.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM
I think lockdown is going to continue it Italy and a lot of other countries for some time to come. I spoke with a friend in Rome on Sunday and they are back to where they were at the worst time of Covid. He said the Italian government is predicting that no more than 50% of the population will be vaccinated by December 31, 2021. Europe has a long way to go on this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Christefan
Italy Covid-Tested Flight (delta.com)

This all sounds great, but when Italy is in lockdown it will not do you much good unless you want to sit in your hotel room 24/7 while in Italy. Hopefully the lockdown will be lifted soon so that travelers can use the benefits of this offering. I had to cancel my trip to FCO over Easter due to the lockdown. It would be nice for DL to extend this offering to other major destinations around the world to boost international travel.
To be fair, this isn't for tourism. Its for people who have real need to travel to Italy. Ive used the quarantine free AMS flight 3 weeks ago, it makes a difference for those who must travel now.
dw likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Before folks go out to book flights to Italy, the existing EU border closure for Americans is still in effect. These Covid corridor flights only exempt travellers who are allowed to enter Italy from quarantine on arrival in Italy.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As with all international travel and having nothing to do with the pandemic or Italy, always check TIMATIC.

The pandemic means being even more careful as requirements change regularly.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Covid Tested Flight to Italy

1. Is the Abbott ID Now Molecular PCR test acceptable ATL to FCO?

2. Delta's website contradicts itself about when the test needs to be done. On My trips page it says 72 hours from arrival in Rome. When I hit the "click here" for more information it says 72 hours from departure. I have asked Delta twice. First person said before arrival, second person said before departure......

COVID-19 Testing Is Required within 72 Hours Prior To Scheduled Arrival Time to Rome.

Get more details here or change your flight if you are unable to meet these requirements.

Atlanta (ATL) to Rome (FCO) DeparturesThe COVID-19 PCR test must be within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time. We recommend that customers arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to departure.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I did not have much luck on the web.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 4:18 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I think lockdown is going to continue it Italy and a lot of other countries for some time to come. I spoke with a friend in Rome on Sunday and they are back to where they were at the worst time of Covid. He said the Italian government is predicting that no more than 50% of the population will be vaccinated by December 31, 2021. Europe has a long way to go on this.
If what you have been told is true, there must be some very special circumstances in Italy, most EU countries will be above 50% of the total population by July. Some countries should even be more or less done, like Denmark and Malta. Italy should be done giving everyone their second shot months before December for sure.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by NLNO
If what you have been told is true, there must be some very special circumstances in Italy, most EU countries will be above 50% of the total population by July. Some countries should even be more or less done, like Denmark and Malta. Italy should be done giving everyone their second shot months before December for sure.
Italy is not alone. There are several EU countries that have not done well with vaccinations. France is well under 20% vaccinated. The population of these countries are not yet convinced about these vaccines.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ahracer
1. Is the Abbott ID Now Molecular PCR test acceptable ATL to FCO?

2. Delta's website contradicts itself about when the test needs to be done. On My trips page it says 72 hours from arrival in Rome. When I hit the "click here" for more information it says 72 hours from departure. I have asked Delta twice. First person said before arrival, second person said before departure......

COVID-19 Testing Is Required within 72 Hours Prior To Scheduled Arrival Time to Rome.

Get more details here or change your flight if you are unable to meet these requirements.

Atlanta (ATL) to Rome (FCO) DeparturesThe COVID-19 PCR test must be within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time. We recommend that customers arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to departure.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I did not have much luck on the web.
A bigger question is whether you are admissible to Italy at the moment.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:56 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
Italy is not alone. There are several EU countries that have not done well with vaccinations. France is well under 20% vaccinated. The population of these countries are not yet convinced about these vaccines.
I wouldn’t pin my hopes on July for Europe... things here simply do not move at American or U.K. speed- they have been painfully slow. It’s not just an issue of supply, it’s also one of poor distribution. And given that both countries are experiencing an explosion of new cases I would not expect Europe open for some time. Borders across Europe are closed so first that has to open way before extra EU will open. It’s going to be more than 3 months.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
A bigger question is whether you are admissible to Italy at the moment.
I already know the answer to whether I am admissible to Italy.

Now If you had an answer to the questions I asked that would be great.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by ahracer
I already know the answer to whether I am admissible to Italy.

Now If you had an answer to the questions I asked that would be great.
Per the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

Grazie all’effettuazione di un test antigenico rapido direttamente in aeroporto negli USA ovvero la presentazione di un certificato negativo di test molecolare PCR oppure antigenico fatto nelle 48 ore prima della partenza e di un secondo test all’arrivo a Roma-Fiumicino nelle strutture già predisposte

Completing an antigen test directly in the airport in the US or presenting a certificate showing a negative PCR or antigen test 48 hours before DEPARTURE and a second on arrival into Fiumicino

And the Italian embassy in Washington (in English) same reading
https://ambwashingtondc.esteri.it/am...talia-new.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.