Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is it just me or do the Economy seats un-recline on their own?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2020, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle

I'm talking the standard economy and C+ seats found in the 75S whose bottoms slide forward after you push that hasn't-been-updated-since-1970 button in the armrest.

Was on the BOS-LAX run in C+ (missed the D1 upgrade by 1!) last night. After reclining to the most reclined position (felt no guilt as there was nobody behind me in this Covid time), about 20 minutes later I was feeling somewhat un-relaxed and realized that my seat had totally un-reclined! This happened all flight.

This happened to me on another 757 flight last year.

Are these seats known for un-reclining without any prompting?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta, United
The mechanism is probably on its way to being broken.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I'm talking the standard economy and C+ seats found in the 75S whose bottoms slide forward after you push that hasn't-been-updated-since-1970 button in the armrest.

Was on the BOS-LAX run in C+ (missed the D1 upgrade by 1!) last night. After reclining to the most reclined position (felt no guilt as there was nobody behind me in this Covid time), about 20 minutes later I was feeling somewhat un-relaxed and realized that my seat had totally un-reclined! This happened all flight.

It's a common nuisance but not specific to the 757 fleet at Delta in my experience.

I was on a Boeing 737-900ER last week in C+ where the seat would continue to slide upward without my prompting.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 12:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
FWIW seat/cabin issues etc can be reported by email to [email protected] and usually seem to get a quick response.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW seat/cabin issues etc can be reported by email to [email protected] and usually seem to get a quick response.
That is helpful. Thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Oakshadow

I have seen the opposite but I am guessing if you complain the end result could be the same. The seat could be taken out of service with you be reseated. Not a big deal if there are suitable empty seats but a big PIA if the flight is full. I saw a guy complain and the FA pretended not to notice. He got loud about it and several savvy FFs tried to get him to shut up to no avail. The FA told the flight crew who returned to the gate, where maintenance was called to try and make the seat keep its "full upright position", only to give up after thirty minutes and wrap the seat in yellow "out for maintenance" tape. Since the seat was inoperable the dude was seatless on a full flight as was deplaned. True story I swear to it.
writerguyfl and dtwtransport like this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by jascp
True story I swear to it.
It was forever ago (on a Northwest plane), but I witnessed an almost identical situation. So, I believe you!
Old Nov 29, 2020, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
It was forever ago (on a Northwest plane), but I witnessed an almost identical situation. So, I believe you!
Much better to keep quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.