No more comp upgrades to BOG?

Old Nov 13, 20, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
No more comp upgrades to BOG?

I recently flew to BOG in paid J and found the cabin to be light on a full flight. Garbage F and B service not proper D1 but we got kits. Just bought a main cabin ticket today for a trip this Monday and Iím seeing a lack of upgrade for the intl segment. Is this new?? What really sucks is delta doesnít even allow lounge access to or from BOG.
Old Nov 14, 20, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryan754 View Post
I recently flew to BOG in paid J and found the cabin to be light on a full flight. Garbage F and B service not proper D1 but we got kits. Just bought a main cabin ticket today for a trip this Monday and Iím seeing a lack of upgrade for the intl segment. Is this new?? What really sucks is delta doesnít even allow lounge access to or from BOG.
BOG is a Delta One route. This change a year or two ago if I remember correctly. Thus no free upgrades. However you should get an actual meal and you do get lounge access.
Old Nov 14, 20, 5:29 am

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Donít know about ATL but earlier this year JFK-BOG was not DL One and processed as complimentary upgrade
Old Nov 14, 20, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kiwicanuck View Post
Don’t know about ATL but earlier this year JFK-BOG was not DL One and processed as complimentary upgrade
Both ATL-BOG and JFK-BOG (starts December 17th -- so I'm assuming they paused it for awhile) look to be D1 equipment (767's). They are also D1 marketed and thus are not eligible for comp upgrades (only domestic D1 is comp upgrade eligible), but they should be eligible for lounge access. Not sure why OP thinks they are not (the fare basis codes do not look to be coded consistently for D1, so perhaps the system rejected it because of that). Flightaware only shows ATL-BOG (DL981) going back to Oct 1 and it was always a 767. Not sure if it flew before that with different equipment.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 14, 20 at 7:50 am
Old Nov 14, 20, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.2MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
TBH ill take the D1 with no comp upgrades on a 76W over the A310/320/737 crap they were using on these flights for years. You were lucky to get a 757.
MichaelKade likes this.
Old Nov 14, 20, 9:38 am

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Both ATL-BOG and JFK-BOG (starts December 17th -- so I'm assuming they paused it for awhile) look to be D1 equipment (767's). They are also D1 marketed and thus are not eligible for comp upgrades (only domestic D1 is comp upgrade eligible), but they should be eligible for lounge access. Not sure why OP thinks they are not (the fare basis codes do not look to be coded consistently for D1, so perhaps the system rejected it because of that). Flightaware only shows ATL-BOG (DL981) going back to Oct 1 and it was always a 767. Not sure if it flew before that with different equipment.
jfk was indeed a 757 at the time but neither ATL or JFK was marketed as DL 1 at the time
Old Nov 14, 20, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

jfk was indeed a 757 at the time but neither ATL or JFK was marketed as DL 1 at the time
It would be helpful to know exactly when you flew. ATL-BOG switched to year round D1 on Feb 4th, 2020 according to this press release --
https://news.delta.com/delta-introdu...ice-year-round

JFK-BOG started on Dec 21, 2019 originally on a domestic 757-200 as you noted. I'm assuming it was halted at some point post-Covid.
https://news.delta.com/bogota-nonsto...-starts-dec-21

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 14, 20 at 9:55 am
Old Nov 14, 20, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Right, that was the case back then
Old Sep 5, 21, 4:46 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Note the below, which I see occasionally:

There are scattered reports (Reddit) of people getting comps on this route; in this particular case, I'd just book the direct to JFK in D1, as it is frequently not that pricey (and secure and MQM).
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 5, 21, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
Note the below, which I see occasionally:

There are scattered reports (Reddit) of people getting comps on this route; in this particular case, I'd just book the direct to JFK in D1, as it is frequently not that pricey (and secure and MQM).
BOG was upped to D1 at some point. Anyone upgraded for free nowadays either used a GUC (RUC doesn't cut it), got OPUP, or had agent woefully unaware and used a RUC to upgrade with ticket reissued by agent. The latter is highly unlikely these days.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jul 19, 22, 1:11 am

Programs: DL GM
No upgrades BOG-JFK, even on non-D1 757?

I'm looking at my reservation on DL 254 from BOG-JFK in September, and even though it's on a non-DeltaOne 757, under "manage complimentary upgrades" it says "First Class Not Upgrade Eligible." I'm confused since I thought Medallion members are eligible for upgrades on all flights marketed with First Class, including international ones. Any insights?
Old Jul 19, 22, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 787SEA View Post
I'm looking at my reservation on DL 254 from BOG-JFK in September, and even though it's on a non-DeltaOne 757, under "manage complimentary upgrades" it says "First Class Not Upgrade Eligible." I'm confused since I thought Medallion members are eligible for upgrades on all flights marketed with First Class, including international ones. Any insights?
It doesn't always get this right. BOG periodically changes from F to D1. Better to say no upgrades, than to deny upgrades when stated they were allowed.
Old Jul 19, 22, 8:33 pm

All my flights this year JFK-BOG have been aircraft with First Class (not D1) but none have processed upgrades. I’ve stopped asking in the lounge as the response has always been “no comp upgrades on international routes” (which we all know is untrue). C+ has always cleared to a nearly empty cabin.

I think this is just a system error with flights having been previously coded as D1 flights. Very frustrating to say the least.
Old Jul 20, 22, 11:14 am

BOG and LIM have always been weird ones. Sometimes they're 757 recliner First Class, sometimes they're 757 2-2 Delta One, sometimes they're 757 2-2 Delta One but marketed as First Class, sometimes they're 767-300ER/-400 Delta One (and sometimes marketed as First Class).

It's no wonder nobody has any idea if there should be complimentary upgrades or not.
Old Aug 4, 22, 9:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
I have the same issue, flying in three weeks and both FC and C+ are empty. Did anyone try talking to the gate agent?

Search this Thread