FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL kicks off wrong pax for non-mask compliance, then lets her back on (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2028087-dl-kicks-off-wrong-pax-non-mask-compliance-then-lets-her-back.html)

Spence1097 Nov 5, 2020 4:59 pm

DL kicks off wrong pax for non-mask compliance, then lets her back on

Interesting passenger side to a story of what seems being wrongly kicked off a flight for not wearing a mask when it was actually the passenger next to her. Also discussed how she was allegedly treated by Delta. Passenger was subsequently let back on the plane before departure while two other men in same row were taken off that she didn't know.
https://www.thenewsherald.com/news/coronavirus/delta-passenger-from-southgate-brought-to-tears-kicked-off-flight-despite-wearing-her-mask/article_6cefda9a-1fb8-11eb-b8df-bba3c0a02c81.html

GagaPilot Nov 5, 2020 10:04 pm

Wow, hate to hear that happened to the woman. I agree with the article that it has probably happened other times as well.

My fear as a Captain is that we are going to see more and more power-tripping FAs regarding mask enforcement. I've encountered some strange calls over the years from FAs about pax issues, and I can foresee exaggeration occurring leading to more disruptions. My stance is FAs shouldn't be tasked with rigorous mask enforcement.

As a passenger on DL, AA, and AS all since mask mandates became enforced, I have seen FAs on all three enforce mask usage. To me AS was the most strict, followed by AA and DL, whereas DL was notably the most professional.

jrl767 Nov 5, 2020 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot (Post 32799235)
Wow, hate to hear that happened to the woman. I agree with the article that it has probably happened other times as well.

My fear as a Captain is that we are going to see more and more power-tripping FAs regarding mask enforcement. I've encountered some strange calls over the years from FAs about pax issues, and I can foresee exaggeration occurring leading to more disruptions. My stance is FAs shouldn't be tasked with rigorous mask enforcement.

As a passenger on DL, AA, and AS all since mask mandates became enforced, I have seen FAs on all three enforce mask usage. To me AS was the most strict, followed by AA and DL, whereas DL was notably the most professional.

:/
that’s interesting, in light of some recent conversation on the AS board ...

fly747first Nov 5, 2020 11:00 pm

WOW, DL staff keep getting worse and worse. You would think the FAs would be happier now they barely have to do anything inflight.

readywhenyouare Nov 6, 2020 1:28 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 32799346)
WOW, DL staff keep getting worse and worse. You would think the FAs would be happier now they barely have to do anything inflight.

They effectively have a union without a union. Delta is scared of them unionizing so they give them whatever they want and won't require them to do much of anything. They are definitely not the charming flight attendants that Delta had always been known for. Even in bankruptcy and having no status I was always treated warmly and as a guest.

Justin026 Nov 6, 2020 6:05 pm

Have to say that in about 30 flights since May, DL flight attendants seem consistent and pleasant in doing their restricted on board service. They have definitely introduced more announcement scripts that lay out the mask issues, as you hear it said the same way on different flights. One area that other airlines are weak on is maintaining social distancing after arrival. Delta now has a pretty long script for this and people seem to follow it to a degree.

That said, the power trips can happen - but haven't seen one in the COVID era. And masks can make everyone look pretty somber.