Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL 8777: the final domestic 777 flight thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2020, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ClipperDelta
DL 8777, October 30th, ATL-LAX:
Rob191288
rune87 44-
WidgetsOfTheSkies

DL8777, October 31st, JFK-LAX:
A321neo 22-H (can guest one person into SkyClub)
Intl359Widget
MSPeconomist 7-B
PurdueFlyer
ClipperDelta 6A
JALOO5-Flyer +2 35C/D/F
SEA_DLflyer 22H
ORDnHKG 40A
KLMatSJC 48J
PTahCha 23G
bubbashow + 777 retired pilot guest 39D and 39F
jacksafar 3D, + my husband Will 5A
williamhiatt 7A
mckerrow 35A

TWA Hotel (night of Friday, October 30th, before the final 777 flight):
MSPeconomist
bubbashow +1
Intl359Widget
jacksafar +1
williamhiatt, arriving after midnight

Print Wikipost

DL 8777: the final domestic 777 flight thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
The flight attendants should have ordered 2 B/C to remain quiet for the rest of the flight. If they spoke up again they could have diverted and thrown them off for disobeying crew member instructions. That would have also provided for an additional takeoff and landing. 🙂
HDQDD likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
To get this thread back on track - it's been over 48 hours since said flight - let's see some pictures from those who were on the flight. This thread has been mostly void of pics from the FTers who were able to partake on Saturday.
Most of them ended up on another social media platform that's more popular with the modern day bourgeois versus the myphpp troglodytes.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by KLMatSJC
Here's my trip report of the flight: https://airwaysmag.com/special-fligh...-final-flight/

Another grievance were the people in 2 B/C who basically forced the flight attendants to control everyone on-board.
Excellent Trip Report! I really enjoyed reading this one versus the ever-so-biased TPG.

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
The flight attendants should have ordered 2 B/C to remain quiet for the rest of the flight. If they spoke up again they could have diverted and thrown them off for disobeying crew member instructions. That would have also provided for an additional takeoff and landing. 🙂
In all fairness the couple in 2B/C seemed clueless that this was a special retirement flight when they booked it so I can understand why they're upset. However they forfeited their non-AvGeek rights by being extremely controlling and rude to their fellow bougie comrades.

I would never object to another takeoff and landing if it added a new line and dot on the map.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
To get this thread back on track - it's been over 48 hours since said flight - let's see some pictures from those who were on the flight. This thread has been mostly void of pics from the FTers who were able to partake on Saturday.
Apologies for pulling the pin on that grenade.

Originally Posted by KLMatSJC
Here's my trip report of the flight: https://airwaysmag.com/special-fligh...-final-flight/

Another grievance were the people in 2 B/C who basically forced the flight attendants to control everyone on-board.
Nice review. Don't think I had stumbled across that website till now. Did you know any of the YouTube flight reviewers on the flight?

Sounds a little reminiscent of the final Delta MD-88 flight back in June except without the signatures all over the interior.

The pic in the article of the plane in SYD brings back memories from a year ago taking the flight down there on the way to New Zealand.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Sounds like some people wanted to enjoy the final flight of a magnificent aircraft and then some of you, for reasons unknown, decided to tag along and put a damper on it. You didn't have to or need to be on this flight. You knew it was a retirement flight. You have no right to complain about social distancing. congregating, etc.
Completely disagree. There are standard social and safety requirements that need to be observed. It's a safety requirement to make sure that the safety video can be viewed and heard by everyone, not interrupted by someone basically shouting everything they were saying. How would you feel if some obnoxious person took over your seat and started blabbering with their friends sitting a row in front of you? Well, that did happen to me, and the flight's special status is no excuse.

If the post was targeted at passengers at 2 B/C, well, I have no idea, since I was back in C+/PS and mid-galley most of the flight.

Last edited by PTahCha; Nov 2, 2020 at 9:47 pm
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, AA
[QUOTE=Smithwicks70;32791019]Nice review. Don't think I had stumbled across that website till now. Did you know any of the YouTube flight reviewers on the flight?/QUOTE]
Thank you! I met a few of them on the flight, and I recognized some names, but that's about it.
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Excellent Trip Report! I really enjoyed reading this one versus the ever-so-biased TPG.

In all fairness the couple in 2B/C seemed clueless that this was a special retirement flight when they booked it so I can understand why they're upset. However they forfeited their non-AvGeek rights by being extremely controlling and rude to their fellow bougie comrades.
Thank You! Yeah there were around 20 or so random people on the flight, but most seemed to have a good time. They just weren't and I heard they really made that heard.
Originally Posted by PTahCha
If the post was targeted at passengers at 2 B/C, well, I have no idea, since I was back in C+/PS and mid-galley most of the flight.
It was. I actually didn't hear/see anything about the D1 fiasco until the SkyClub at LAX, but obviously I got some of the backlash. The guy there actually put a video on Twitter complaining about the flight, but it has since been taken down.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:31 pm

Delta 777 Retirement FLight

Hi All! I know this was some week ago but I put together an awesome video of the experience I was hoping to share with you all. I interviewed the pilots & cabin crew and even took a little VIP ride around LAX in the Delta Porsche! Here is the youtube link! Let me know what you think!!

PTahCha likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:05 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by MileHighMati
Let me know what you think!
Well done! Thanks for sharing...
Old Nov 26, 2020, 1:19 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Well, I finally had a chance to upload the files onto flickr. The entire album is here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSoMCrP

NYC Flyer and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.