December schedule set in stone?

Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
The NK flight that day is selling at $36, departing at 2pm. Book that as well as a BFS and you’ll experience the same product at ~$80.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the quick replies. Looks like AA pulled all of their inventory since I made that last post. Kind of crazy that there are no direct flights on any airline from LGA/EWR/JFK to DFW that depart after 5p on either 12/23 or 12/24. May actually keep the flight and burn another vacation day.

With regards to BFS on NK. I would have maybe thought about it pre-covid. The problem isn't the service (or lack thereof), it's the other passengers NK attracts. This amplifies during COVID with infrequent mask wearing and lack of basic decency/decorum in public. I paid about $200 each way on DL for J with the seat next to me blocked. I probably would pay double that to avoid NK and all the headaches that come with it.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mbmd
Thanks for all the quick replies. Looks like AA pulled all of their inventory since I made that last post. Kind of crazy that there are no direct flights on any airline from LGA/EWR/JFK to DFW that depart after 5p on either 12/23 or 12/24. May actually keep the flight and burn another vacation day.

With regards to BFS on NK. I would have maybe thought about it pre-covid. The problem isn't the service (or lack thereof), it's the other passengers NK attracts. This amplifies during COVID with infrequent mask wearing and lack of basic decency/decorum in public. I paid about $200 each way on DL for J with the seat next to me blocked. I probably would pay double that to avoid NK and all the headaches that come with it.
Elites can have and spread covid too, not just deplorables.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cmd320
The NK flight that day is selling at $36, departing at 2pm. Book that as well as a BFS and you’ll experience the same product at ~$80.
When NK provides more service even in a non-BFS seat, you know how depressingly low DL has fallen...
DLdweeb, cmd320, AANYC1981 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
It's not about the service/non-service. It's about having the seat next to you in J blocked. Plus having a significantly less chance of a "problem" occurring with one of the passengers (ranging from mask removal to fistacuffs). On DL with the seat blocked next to you you can still have a rather relaxing experience, albeit with less booze etc.

Elites were the ones who spread it initially. Problem is that now the "deplorables" are more likely to go maskless at a bar/covidiot party and then subsequently fly NK for that $9 fare.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
It's not about the service/non-service. It's about having the seat next to you in J blocked. Plus having a significantly less chance of a "problem" occurring with one of the passengers (ranging from mask removal to fistacuffs). On DL with the seat blocked next to you you can still have a rather relaxing experience, albeit with less booze etc.

Elites were the ones who spread it initially. Problem is that now the "deplorables" are more likely to go maskless at a bar/covidiot party and then subsequently fly NK for that $9 fare.
I think you all are strongly overestimating the class of individual who flies Delta. From what I’ve seen there’s no really difference between a DL, AA, NK, etc customer.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
I think you all are strongly overestimating the class of individual who flies Delta. From what I’ve seen there’s no really difference between a DL, AA, NK, etc customer.
I would argue things are a little more civilized at AA and DL... NK is infamous for the amount of fights that happen on their flights; I think in the last one the cabin crew outright told people that they didn't get paid enough to deal with those situations and left the pax to defend for themselves
Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP

Lack of any direct flights on AA JFK DFW is crazy. I often find myself needing a flight after 5 pm but they pulled all non stops for any day and I’m afraid they may continue to do so in January and February.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Things were back to the May/June mess as far as Trans Pac cancellations this weekend. DL cancelled LAX-HND and rerouted me through DTW and as usual didn't change the whole outbound, just the LAX- HND (reroute LAX-DTW) legs while keeping the SMF-LAX legs and giving me a 17 hour layover (to a redeye) out bound and and 18 hour layover on the return in January.. Of course there were plenty of seats available on flights between LAX-DTW and back between when the SMF legs and the LAX legs.

Luckily I got a great agent from Singapore who managed to rebook me leaving on the redeye out of Reno the night before getting rid of the long layovers both ways. Even as messed up as NW could be , they were able to get a hold of a Platinum on a WBC ticket and fix things vs Delta who just throws up their hands for Lifetime Platinum on a D1 ticket. I guess that's the Delta Difference.

Thanks Ed, GIl, and Rahul for the Delta Difference, so when will you actually fix things? I'm starting to ask whether I'm getting my money's worth both as a Customer and a Shareholder given that the IT/OPS issues (read serious failures) have been ongoing for years.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
Had schedule changes yesterday for 12/23 and 1/1.

On 12/23 first flight now departs 1:35 later and second arrives 0:27 earlier; ATL layover reduced from 5:04 to 3:23. Flight numbers changed.

On 1/1 first flight now departs 1:15 later and second arrives 0:16 later. ATL layover reduced from 1:28 to 0:43. Flight numbers did NOT change.

Ironically(?), I got the notice about the 1/1 flight last night. The 12/23 reservation was still showing at the old times, although at the booking site the new times showed (for several flights that day). I finally got the notice for the 12/23 change this morning.
Just to show you how volatile all this is, my 1/1 flight has had two more changes. It was purchased on 10/23 and modified on 10/24, 10/31, and 11/7. I’m wondering if it will keep changing every weekend!

As of now it departs 1:50 earlier than the original reservation and arrived 0:47 later. Layover is now 3:25 (increase of 1:57 over original).
Old Nov 8, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM
I also had a flight change for late December. Fortunately, mine was much more benign than yours--just a change of the flight number and the Delta Connection carrier. Time stayed the same.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:56 pm

I can definitively say it is not. I opened the app this morning to see "status not available" for my flights. Did a dummy booking and discovered my flight was moved up two hours. I had an evening flight on a 738. It appears DL cx'd the afternoon RJ flight and consolidated everyone onto a 739 using my flight number departing two hours earlier. I think this will be the nail in the coffin for xmas travel as we were already leaning towards postponing with the virus out of control out here and with the virus I want to avoid the 739 even more than normal.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Flight schedules for December continue to contract. One more JFK-LAX flight got canned New Year's Eve. Maybe they want to avoid a repeat of Thanksgiving when lots of flights got cancelled due to pilot shortages.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHXflier
Flight schedules for December continue to contract. One more JFK-LAX flight got canned New Year's Eve. Maybe they want to avoid a repeat of Thanksgiving when lots of flights got cancelled due to pilot shortages.
And of course now they are selling D1 to 100%... no seat blocking and no inflight service, that's the new Delta None
cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by fly747first
And of course now they are selling D1 to 100%... no seat blocking and no inflight service, that's the new Delta None
No seat blocking only on the 763s, not on the 752s. Others pretty much are 6 ft away on the 763 in Delta One, so the no seat blocking policy there kind of makes sense. People know what they get in transcontinental Delta One, so I would be surprised if anyone paid full price for it. It is not a bad deal to spend a RUC for a flat bed for five hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.