Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Status Match promo from delta

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rune87
Still waiting for my approval email, but traditionally does a miles and money ticket count to qualify? I know straight miles do not, but I seem to recall that as long as some portion of the ticket is paid it will.
You need to be more specific as it's not quite clear what type of ticket you are talking about. Miles + Cash tickets are basically award tickets (you are purchasing supplemental miles for an award and they earn no MQM's) and likely do not count. Pay with Miles tickets are essentially revenue tickets and earn MQM's and will likely count.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xliioper
You need to be more specific as it's not quite clear what type of ticket you are talking about. Miles + Cash tickets are basically award tickets (you are purchasing supplemental miles for an award and they earn no MQM's) and likely do not count. Pay with Miles tickets are essentially revenue tickets and earn MQM's and will likely count.
I thought Miles+ Cash did earn as you've made a cash basis payment, whereas a full Mile ticket did not as it was a "reward" ticket. It's been a few years since I've been at Delta do I seriously need to relearn all the rules
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rune87
I thought Miles+ Cash did earn as you've made a cash basis payment, whereas a full Mile ticket did not as it was a "reward" ticket. It's been a few years since I've been at Delta do I seriously need to relearn all the rules
You're not using a mileage redemption. You're using the miles as a form of currency to pay for a cash ticket. The last time I used it was something like 10k skymiles = $100. There's a fixed $/mile in that case. Straight up mileage redemptions don't count.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by solewalker
You're not using a mileage redemption. You're using the miles as a form of currency to pay for a cash ticket. The last time I used it was something like 10k skymiles = $100. There's a fixed $/mile in that case. Straight up mileage redemptions don't count.
You are both confusing Miles+Cash with Pay With Miles (PWM). These are two very different programs which is why I stated more specificity was needed. Miles+Cash tickets are absolutely award tickets and do not earn any MQM's. You are actually buying miles (at around .02 per mile) in addition to using your own miles to cover the mileage cost of an award ticket. What you are describing is Pay With Miles, not Miles+Cash. With Pay With Miles, you are exchanging miles for cash (at .01 per mile) to offset the cost of a revenue ticket and it earns MQMs as a revenue ticket (although this wasn't always the case). You need to be logged into your account (under Personal profile) to use the Pay With Miles option as it is only available to DL Amex cardholders.

Miles + Cash

Pay With Miles

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:50 am
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
So I stumbled into this. I was submitting for the standard status match based on WN A-List Preferred. They finally responded on 10/17 stating they needed more information (a statement showing previous activity which WN doesn't have). I submitted as much info as I could and waited. The first flight I wanted the status for was on 10/20 (which I told them) and it didn't come in before then. On 10/21 I got an email telling me I was now Platinum with the 4 RT/8 OW requirement to keep it. Quite surprised by that until I found this thread. On the return on 10/23 I got pre-upgraded to C+ on the first leg and got a battlefield C+ upgrade on the second leg.

Now I have no idea if the outbound counts or not. I was flown after I submitted, but comp status didn't come in until after. And it was an OJ (SNA-RIC-ONT) booked as multicity. The terms only state that flights must be completed by 3/31/21. There is no start date...

Qualifying Activity: Offer valid for travel completed on or before March 31, 2021. Flights booked prior to enrollment and flown on or before March 31, 2021 will be included.

Travel Period: All travel must be completed on or before March 31, 2021.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 5:58 pm

PWM is only available to DL Amex cardholders most of the people who are elites on other airlines but who are not DL elites will not have.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:57 pm

Gonna try this out. I did a status match two years ago, and just finished a Reclaim My Status challenge for Platinum (but I was only able to fly enough to keep Silver).

I wasn't targeted, but gonna try this anyway.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Three status matches/challenges in just tow years?????
Old Oct 24, 2020, 8:50 pm

Received following response, submitted on Oct 19, heard back on Oct 24:

Thank you for your interest in the Delta Elevated Status Match Offer. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the credentials submitted, and we were not able to enroll you in the Elevated Status Match Offer just yet. If you would like to be reconsidered for this offer, please respond to this e-mail with:

1. A valid, current elite physical or digital membership card or credential with your name on it
AND
2. A statement showing your earned elite status with an airline and the corresponding activity with that airline that made you achieve that status with your name on it

As a reminder, you have until October 31, 2020 to resubmit proof of current elite status on a qualifying airline. Submissions received on or after November 1, 2020 will be processed as a standard Delta Status Match Challenge request.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to hearing from you so we can re-evaluate your submission.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Received following response, submitted on Oct 19, heard back on Oct 24:

Thank you for your interest in the Delta Elevated Status Match Offer. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the credentials submitted, and we were not able to enroll you in the Elevated Status Match Offer just yet. If you would like to be reconsidered for this offer, please respond to this e-mail with:

1. A valid, current elite physical or digital membership card or credential with your name on it
AND
2. A statement showing your earned elite status with an airline and the corresponding activity with that airline that made you achieve that status with your name on it

As a reminder, you have until October 31, 2020 to resubmit proof of current elite status on a qualifying airline. Submissions received on or after November 1, 2020 will be processed as a standard Delta Status Match Challenge request.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to hearing from you so we can re-evaluate your submission.
What did you submit for supporting documentation and what level are you on another airline?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
The link doesn't take you directly to an application page. The link on the promo page just goes to the normal Status Match Challenge application (https://www.delta.com/contactus/page...atch/index.jsp). This would strongly indicate they are determining who is eligible based on their Skymiles number matching those who they sent the email notices out to (likely based on their home address being located in certain targeted markets) and not merely because someone possessed the link. For those who were not targeted, you will likely simply be given the standard challenge upon filling out the application form and submitting documentation (note that these are manually processed and approval is not immediate).
That seems to hold normally; Delta appear to have changed something... /TLDR/ a week ago, I booked Thanksgiving travel (paid F) with DL principally because it was HALF the cost for a comparable itinerary on AA. Yeah, I do often pay more to stick with AA--but not double (and I don't usually see such a wide difference--normally only 5-15%; these are not normal times...). Yesterday, the thought struck to Google "Delta status match"--the hit for delta.com went to the "targeted" promo. I noted the fine print and definitely did not get an e-mail (I looked, and am pretty good about screening junk/spam before deleting so don't think it got missed if sent). So I submitted my AA PRO card and a screen shot of my account summary and am waiting to see what happens.

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Not sure how targeted this is or if it is at all, as I saw Delta advertising this on its website this morning. /screenshot clipped/
Ditto--as noted above, a Google search for DL status match took me right to it.

Could be they are targeting the ads based on cookie information. I cycled through the home page a bunch of times and never got an ad for the promo. Also, a DL website search does not display the promo in the results. With my cookies cleared, I got a bunch of Amex sign-up offer ads. But once I login and they are set, they no longer show the Amex sign-up offers (even after logging out) which indicates there is cookie-based targeting going on (I already have the Reserve card, and that is likely noted in a cookie). In neither case did I see an add for the promo.
Interesting--as noted above, not my experience. I am a SkyMiles "Member" but not at all active--can't remember the last time I flew DL but have had about a 12k mileage balance for quite awhile. Perhaps I was "screened in" as a result of recently booking with DL?

Originally Posted by bzcat
So I got an email saying they are reviewing my eligibility and could take up to 5 business days (even though I got the email invitaiton). I'm just wondering if anyone got the same email or was your approval instantaneous?
I got the same e-mail; since my request was submitted on a Saturday 5 business days seemed reasonable enough. Instantaneous doesn't seem likely--DL is almost certainly going to want to review each match to some reasonable extent.

Originally Posted by homegrowned
I'll provide an update. Submitted my request 10/19 using UA PS. Received email confirmation of submission on 10/19. Received email confirmation of accepted match 10/22, and within the email told that all accounts will show updated by 10/23.

My current skymiles profile shows my status (DL Silver) effective from 02/2020 -> oct. 22, 2020. (I guess in anticipation of DL gold starting Oct. 23, 2020).
Thank you for sharing! Three business days seems a very reasonable turn-around, and it's good to see at least one data point that DL is not taking a really long time to make a decision and notify.

As a side note to those upset about the status match--I doubt this will affect you all that much. I'm an AA MM/LTG and current PRO living in an AA "focus city", so switching exclusively to DL is probably not going to happen--the status match was there, so I took it...mainly for IROPS and priority boarding (probably not necessary in paid F, but it can't hurt) and to have in hand as a fallback if DL continues to present a better value for my travel needs into next year.

cheers and happy travels!
JALOO5-Flyer and homegrowned like this.

Last edited by AAir_head; Oct 25, 2020 at 11:29 am
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:46 pm

Has anybody been able to apply for this without receiving an e-mail invite and just by using the link in the original post? I am getting an error message when I try submitting the form
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigcahonna
Has anybody been able to apply for this without receiving an e-mail invite and just by using the link in the original post? I am getting an error message when I try submitting the form
yes
AAir_head likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAir_head

Interesting--as noted above, not my experience. I am a SkyMiles "Member" but not at all active--can't remember the last time I flew DL but have had about a 12k mileage balance for quite awhile. Perhaps I was "screened in" as a result of recently booking with DL?
You are missing the point. They aren't going to target active Skymiles members. The whole point is attracting those who are active with other airlines in competitive markets. As someone who is a DL Plat based in DTW, I have no doubt they are using cookies to exclude me from these ads. You are based in DC which would be considered a competitive market by DL and thus likely a target of the ads.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Could be they are targeting the ads based on cookie information. I cycled through the home page a bunch of times and never got an ad for the promo. Also, a DL website search does not display the promo in the results. With my cookies cleared, I got a bunch of Amex sign-up offer ads. But once I login and they are set, they no longer show the Amex sign-up offers (even after logging out) which indicates there is cookie-based targeting going on (I already have the Reserve card, and that is likely noted in a cookie). In neither case did I see an add for the promo.
You are missing the point. They aren't going to target active Skymiles members. The whole point is attracting those who are active with other airlines in competitive markets. As someone who is a DL Plat based in DTW, I have no doubt they are using cookies to exclude me from these ads. You are based in DC which would be considered a competitive market by DL and thus likely a target of the ads.
I misread your first post about targeting as targeting the offer; I can see the cookies affecting the in-browser ads. So clear your cookies and log in from a competitive market...unless you're an "active" SkyMiler, in which case I guess you're SOL. Clearly DL are looking for *new* customers to fleece, er, serve

cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.