Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

pleasant surprise - got free checked bag from amex before receiving the card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold

As we were checking in a few days ago, the baggage screen showed all the people on our res had a free checked bag. We were in Comfort +, not entitled to free baggage. I wasn't sure what was going on but the three of us put down for one checked bag each and checked them with no problem at airport. It turns out my wife, who was on the res, just got approved for an Amex Delta Business card and they went ahead and gave the free bag benefit just by having her name on the reservation. She didn't even receive the card yet. And the reservation was made on my account with my miles and my credit card. So kudos to Amex and/or Delta for some great customer service.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:39 am

Your free bag allowance starts as soon as you are approved for the card.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Your free bag allowance starts as soon as you are approved for the card.
This. As with most airline credit cards, most of your benefits will start as soon as you're approved for the card and your account is updated to reflect that. This usually happens long before the card itself is even shipped.
olegator and sassybritches like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What's a card?

On a serious note, there are occasions when the physical card may be important. But, more and more, it is the fact that an account is in an open and "good" standing that matters,
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I ordered the reserve card in March, before I took a trip where I flew into TUS and flew home from LAS (I had a memorable drive between these two points). When I got to LAS, I didn't have the new reserve card on me. However, the nice concierge at the Centurion Lounge found my record online and let me into the club without having to pay.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
You can also load the credit card in your phone wallet after approval , to start using it immediately for nfc enabled point of sale terminals.
sassybritches and tardyturtle like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by ovacikar
You can also load the credit card in your phone wallet after approval , to start using it immediately for nfc enabled point of sale terminals.
That’s speedier than Chase then. Both my wife and I recently had to wait a couple of days for Apple Pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.