FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta.com error code when searching Certificates eCredits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2026203-delta-com-error-code-when-searching-certificates-ecredits.html)

Powers106 Oct 2, 2020 3:57 pm

Delta.com error code when searching Certificates eCredits

I keep trying to look up my companion certificates but there is an error code "Oops! We're sorry. Giftcard can not be applicable in ecredit section PMT504029"

Is anyone else having an issue?

Cheers!

Peatisback Oct 2, 2020 4:09 pm

Yes- I've called a few times about it and nobody is able to help. The only thing I can think of is that I have a ticket in the refund process. Previously tickets in the refund process (refund requested but funds not credited back to my card) showed up in this section.

shidden Oct 6, 2020 12:49 pm

Me too, same issue. I have called at least twice and put in at least one request online over the last 3-6 months but no change. It is pretty irritating to not automatically see my eCredits or my AMEX SkyMiles companion certificate on the Certificates, eCredits & Vouchers webpage in my SkyMiles acct. They are still there as I can look them up manually but "they will not be added to my profile" as the webpage says. This started when I received a refund for a canceled itinerary that was partially paid for with a Delta gift card. The gift card was reissued since the refund was made back to the original form of payment. I suspect the error code will not go away until I use the reissued gift card.

Powers106 Oct 6, 2020 11:37 pm

That's interesting as I have recently used a few gift certificates that are not fully closed out, might have something to do with that as I refunded a cash ticket and paid for a new one using the gift certificates, must be creating a glitch. I just use the text service now to find out what coupons or e-certs I have but that's not very efficient for anybody.

shidden Oct 7, 2020 4:42 am

It is inconvenient to keep up with my eCredits and Certs with the error. It surprises me that Delta would allow an error code to show up like that on our accounts which makes me think their IT people are not aware. But I don’t know how to let the right people know. In the past, I have found DMs on Twitter to be most effective but Delta stopped responding to those a while back. I was thinking that a tweet to Delta might help but I personally don’t tweet.

Peatisback Oct 7, 2020 6:14 am

I tried asking for web support/IT (said it a few different ways) and was told they don't have that anymore. When I describe the issue to the agent they all say "don't worry, I can see all of your certificates right here". So clearly a coding issue is preventing correct display on the consumer facing website. I'm just hoping it doesn't take months to process the refund so that this error goes away..

Originally Posted by shidden (Post 32728835)
It is inconvenient to keep up with my eCredits and Certs with the error. It surprises me that Delta would allow an error code to show up like that on our accounts which makes me think their IT people are not aware. But I don’t know how to let the right people know. In the past, I have found DMs on Twitter to be most effective but Delta stopped responding to those a while back. I was thinking that a tweet to Delta might help but I personally don’t tweet.

Powers106 Oct 7, 2020 9:18 am

If you try to DM them you get a link to their Text Chat which is really good and convenient once you get a live Rep. I'd only say that I've told them about it a few times and nothing gets fixed. It must be a bigger issue since it's the same on all platforms (at least that is my experience).

DeltaLife808 Oct 7, 2020 5:19 pm

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one with this problem. All my GU and RU have disappeared. So have the Amex companion certs. The wallet is bare. Can’t blame the nice folks at the Diamond desk for not knowing this has been going on, let alone being put in charge to fix it (since there is no IT dept anymore). I’ll keep following this thread as someone is bound to post an update.

shidden Oct 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Ok, I have used the reissued gift card and as I suspected, the error has disappeared. And BTW, I actually used only part of the reissued gift card initially so it was resissued again and the error persisted. Then, I used the rest of the new reissued gift card and the error went away. Now I can see both AMEX companion certificates (from Platinum and Reserve cards) even though one is used (closed) and the other is open. Correction. It is back again. It was gone for a short while but now it has returned. And, get this. I used the resissued gift card to pay for part of my ticket on a resv with my wife and now the error is showing up on her SkyMiles acct too even though it never did before. It is like it is spreading.

shidden Dec 2, 2020 1:54 pm

The error is gone and it seems to be permanently gone. The error was still on my wife's account so I put in a ticket for her account and a few days later, it was gone from her account as well. So it seems that Delta knows how to fix it now.

Peatisback Dec 2, 2020 7:45 pm

Still getting it intermittently; currently my wife's account has the error.

DeltaLife808 Dec 3, 2020 9:11 am

Well I totally forgot about my Delta wallet problem until I received an email saying someone replied to the thread. Well guess what...my account is back to normal. I can see all of my global and regional upgrades as well as my companion certificates. Seems all is well for now. Let’s see if the problem comes back as I will not be able to visit family in January. I’m still afraid of taking a trip to Bama while this pandemic is out of control. (Please don’t come after me 😬)
So I will ask for a flight credit and that shouldn’t screw this up. I hope. Happy Holidays! Aloha...

Jarrett Jan 14, 2021 10:51 pm

Have been having exactly this problem for a year now. Anyone have any insights on how to or what to tell Delta to fix it, or something they may have done that could have conceivably led to it working? I think I know how it occurred, but there's been no way to get the eGift cards out of my account, as they're not even supposed to be able to go in there, hence what's tripping up the website trying to query for them.

Thanks.

Powers106 Jan 15, 2021 10:34 pm

I still have the problem and I bought more egift cards this year so I guess I will just need to call every time I want to know what is in the certs wallet.