Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to retire 717, 767-300ER and CRJ-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to retire 717, 767-300ER and CRJ-200

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by allseas1586
The real problem is there aren't too many CR7's left. Endeavor has something like 18 and I think SkyWest will be down to 3 primarily for Aspen ops.
Don't forget about the E170s Republic flies for Delta- last I checked, it was 35-40. Not a big fleet, but much bigger than what's left of the CR7 fleet.

Originally Posted by spudley007
What happened to the CR7's? I don't recall a press release or big news on Flyertalk...was it just a change in contracts?
From what it seems like, Delta would rather fly around a CR9/E175 configured with 70 seats than a CR7/E170. (United has been doing the same thing, in addition to converting CR7s into CR5s.) I imagine the incremental cost is pretty minimal (staffing would be identical, fuel burn and landing fees are probably only marginally more), and they have an airframe that can fit 76 seats should the scope clause be renegotiated in the future.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SchindHaughton
Don't forget about the E170s Republic flies for Delta- last I checked, it was 35-40. Not a big fleet, but much bigger than what's left of the CR7 fleet.
Looks like only 21 and it sounds like most if not all are going to the AA Eagle operation by mid-2021.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Keep descending Delta. Getting rid of the most comfortable airplane (E170/175) in your fleet is astonishingly short-sighted.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Keep descending Delta. Getting rid of the most comfortable airplane (E170/175) in your fleet is astonishingly short-sighted.
They have been reducing fleet size of the smallest of the small planes (CR2/CR7/E70). Nobody said anything about E75
Old Dec 31, 2020, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
It’s a long descent. Shall continue into 2021.
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Where is there evidence that they are getting rid of the E-jets?
Old Dec 31, 2020, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Where is there evidence that they are getting rid of the E-jets?
The 170s are going to AA apparently.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:48 pm
Suspended

I eventually see Delta dumping Republic and going to SkyWest/Endeavor only. Fleet of CRJ's at Endeavor and E175's at SkyWest.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by spudley007
What happened to the CR7's? I don't recall a press release or big news on Flyertalk...was it just a change in contracts?
DL is at its contractual limit for 70 & 76 seat planes. Over the last couple of years, OO has been taking deliveries of new E75s they've been putting in service for DL. To deal with the scope limits, OO has been taking the E75s with 70 seats and, as soon as each one has entered service, they've sent a corresponding CR7 to ROW to convert it to use for AA. OO is down to 7 CR7s in service for DL, and one of those 7 is stored. Similarly, 9E has been taking deliveries of new CR9s with 70 seats and they simply have not been putting into service the last set of CR7s they got from G7.

Looks like only 21 and it sounds like most if not all are going to the AA Eagle operation by mid-2021.
Of those 21 E70s, all are operated by YX; 16 are owned by YX and 5 are owned by DL (the ex-CP planes). I believe only the 16 E70s owned by YX will be moving to AA Eagle; the 5 DL owned ones will stay in service for DL.

Not only is DL not getting rid of E75s, they're adding them. On Christmas Eve, OO took deliveries of 4 more of them that will be put into service for DL.
crank1225 and allseas1586 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
DL is at its contractual limit for 70 & 76 seat planes. Over the last couple of years, OO has been taking deliveries of new E75s they've been putting in service for DL. To deal with the scope limits, OO has been taking the E75s with 70 seats and, as soon as each one has entered service, they've sent a corresponding CR7 to ROW to convert it to use for AA. OO is down to 7 CR7s in service for DL, and one of those 7 is stored. Similarly, 9E has been taking deliveries of new CR9s with 70 seats and they simply have not been putting into service the last set of CR7s they got from G7.

Of those 21 E70s, all are operated by YX; 16 are owned by YX and 5 are owned by DL (the ex-CP planes). I believe only the 16 E70s owned by YX will be moving to AA Eagle; the 5 DL owned ones will stay in service for DL.

Not only is DL not getting rid of E75s, they're adding them. On Christmas Eve, OO took deliveries of 4 more of them that will be put into service for DL.
They are getting rid of the E170. The E170/175 is the same group of aircraft though. 21 of them are leaving. It. Is. A. Fact. That. Delta. Is. Getting. Rid. Of. Their. Most. Comfortable. Fleet. Type.

I can't make it any clearer.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador

Thanks...really good information in here!
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:30 am

OO also has some 70 seat CRJ-900s for the same reason, I believe.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
They are getting rid of the E170. The E170/175 is the same group of aircraft though. 21 of them are leaving. It. Is. A. Fact. That. Delta. Is. Getting. Rid. Of. Their. Most. Comfortable. Fleet. Type.

75s have more F. DL trading 70s for 75s is a good thing, same Y/C+ experience and better chance of upgrade.

I would even be fine trading 70s for CR9s.

There is nothing particularly special about the 70s that make them a big loss to the fleet.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold

Think YX will keep operating 5 E70's for DL, or do we think DL will just remove from service? If the CR7's are going away I can't imagine they'll want 5 oddball E70's around the system unless they need them exclusively for EYW or another airport with limited performance ops.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:33 pm

It has been explained to you several times that E75s with 70 seats are replacing the E70s. Even in the post you quoted it says that in the post. I don't think anyone can make it any clearer to you.

Use all the periods you want, you still have no idea what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
I eventually see Delta dumping Republic and going to SkyWest/Endeavor only. Fleet of CRJ's at Endeavor and E175's at SkyWest.
Unlikely. Delta still owns a piece of YX.
Think YX will keep operating 5 E70's for DL, or do we think DL will just remove from service? If the CR7's are going away I can't imagine they'll want 5 oddball E70's around the system unless they need them exclusively for EYW or another airport with limited performance ops.
I'm sure over time you will see 5 more E75s come to either YX or OO to replace them. Been a while since I have looked at the order book for DCI so OO might already have the planes to cover for them.
DLASflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.