Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The LED-AMS-ATL-MSY ticket was cancelled, then rebooked. (consolidated threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:36 am
Original Poster

OK, so I recently purchased LED-AMS-ATL-MSY via Delta. I get an E-mail from KLM saying the LED-AMS leg has been canceled. Since it is a DL ticket, I call up DL and tell them this - to which the agent says that from her end it is showing as not being canceled. She then tells me that I should talk to KLM to see if the E-mail was sent in error. OK, that would be great, but why in the world should I be the one to call up KLM?

Last edited by swampwiz; Oct 1, 2020 at 9:19 am
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes partner flight cancellations can take some time to show up on the ticketing carrier's systems. If the travel is far in the future, you could just wait a few days and try to watch the KLM website to see whether it shows the flight as scheduled and whether there's an alternate flight you could use instead, perhaps rerouting yourself through CDG with AF instead of using KLM through AMS. When you call DL again, it can help to know what new flights you want, assuming that you don't want to simply cancel the ticket.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You don't need to call KL. But, DL won't rebook until it picks up the change through the GDS. That is the case for all OA, not just partners.

As noted above, once you are certain that the flight is cancelled and have done the research so that you can make a proposal to DL (or cancel for a full refund), then it's worth investing the time in dealing with DL.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
For some reason KLM/AF are really good at communicating cancelations.

I had this happen a few weeks ago. It took the Saturday (Delta) schedule change to roll through for it to show up on the Delta PNR. Ended up rebooked with a 0 minute connection in AMS. Pick out a preferred routing and call Delta later. I'd also suggest maybe waiting until Monday - I tried doing this on a Sunday and it took the agent + supervisor 40 minutes to sort it out...
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AviationFreak
For some reason KLM/AF are really good at communicating cancelations.

I had this happen a few weeks ago. It took the Saturday (Delta) schedule change to roll through for it to show up on the Delta PNR. Ended up rebooked with a 0 minute connection in AMS. Pick out a preferred routing and call Delta later. I'd also suggest maybe waiting until Monday - I tried doing this on a Sunday and it took the agent + supervisor 40 minutes to sort it out...
AF/KLM have a big incentive to make sure to communicate most flight cancellations promptly or at least two weeks in advance of travel: EC261.
AviationFreak likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:40 am
Original Poster

OK, I called up DL again, and this time I demanded that a supervisor get follow up on this. This supervisor said that he called KLM, and was told that the flight was not canceled. Should I believe him?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Plug in your confirmation number on KLM.com. When the booking pops up there, does it show any cancelled flights? If so, think carefully about what you want.

You could wait for Delta to see the cancellation if you want rebooking done on Delta ticket stock, or opt not to travel and want a Delta eCredit, or you could work with KLM for the booking (or else obtain a KLM travel voucher).
​​​​​​
​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​
​​​
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Got the same today but for another flight. Email was send but the same flight still can be booked at AF/KLM. Apparently to AF/KLM systems are out of sync which each other and sometimes it can take a couple of days. You may want to wait until they are synced.

However if you go into your booking at KLM there will be 'cancelled' text next to that flight and you can download a 'proof of cancellation' certificate:

Proof of flight cancellation

Amsterdam, 24 September 2020
KLM hereby certifies that the following flight was cancelled:
Flight number: KL1977
Scheduled departure date: xx October 2020
Scheduled departure time: 14h25
Departing from: Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS) Netherlands
Arriving at: Budapest-Liszt Ferenc Intl (BUD) Hungary

This certificate shall in no way be construed or used as an admission of liability.

KLM Customer Contact Centre

The Delta agent can do the same when (s)he looks up your PNR at AF/KLM. Might ask them to do that to convince them that your flight status at KLM is indeed cancelled and pull up the certificate as further proof.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just to make sure did you book using a codeshare number? While in end you're on same metal, system wise they're two separate flights. Operating carrier can cancel their flight but codeshares for other airlines using that flight still show confirmed.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:55 pm

Wait till the weekend passes, Delta updates flight schedules over the weekend in their system.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Wait till the weekend passes, Delta updates flight schedules over the weekend in their system.
I had two KLM flights cancelled recently. One didn't show up in my Delta booking until 2 days after I got the e-mail from KLM, the other one took 7 days. Once they were reflected in the Delta reservation, it was easy to rebook flights for the following day.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by swampwiz
OK, I called up DL again, and this time I demanded that a supervisor get follow up on this. This supervisor said that he called KLM, and was told that the flight was not canceled. Should I believe him?
How far into the future is your travel?
If it's not for a couple of weeks/months I would take the sage advice of others who have experience in flight changes/cancellations with code share flights, it can take a few days for the multiple systems to sync up with each other.
IF travel is in the next few days then I would definitely elevate this to the highest level supervisor you can.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:52 am

i booked AF plus AZ combination for my trip next month. DL 006 stock number but i demanded AF and AZ flight numbers instead. i found out AZ flight was canceled but DL still did not see in the system. i ended up changing it to KL metal. then yesterday, a message popped up from my AF app saying one of my flights was canceled. i believe it is because i saved that itinerary with the AF record locator that i got the information right away. you might want to try to enter your AF record locator on the AF app just in case if there is a schedule change.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:08 am

Just be careful if you enter your itinerary into a partner app/website that your FF number isn't changed to the other airline's program. People have reported this in the past and after miles have been credited to a FB account, it can be impossible to get this reversed.
Zorak, DCAhome and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Just be careful if you enter your itinerary into a partner app/website that your FF number isn't changed to the other airline's program. People have reported this in the past and after miles have been credited to a FB account, it can be impossible to get this reversed.
I believe it's ok to pull it up on the partner site as long as you aren't *logged in* to your FlyingBlue account. An incognito window might be safest.
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.