Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CDG to ATL on Delta - Mask Rules After Take Off

Old Sep 22, 20, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Location: Palm Beach/Hungary 3.9MM AA EXP, UA GOLD 1MM, DL PLT, MARR LIFE PLT

Flying Delta CDG to ATL soon. Will I be able to switch to a cloth mask after takeoff? The blue mask is like death for 9 hours. Anyone do CDG to US lately on Delta? I know AF mandates.
Old Sep 22, 20, 1:00 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I don't think they care if it's a cloth mask. They say, "face mask or appropriate face covering".
jm0754 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 20, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Yeah doesn't matter if its the surgical type or cloth, as long as you wear one and it doesn't have the exhaust valves.
jm0754 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 20, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC AF specifies medical/surgical masks, so a cloth mask might be a problem if the flight is *operated* by AF. I would also assume that the AF rules apply in CDG lounges and check in a d gate areas since these are generally staffed by AF (rather than DL) personnel. It wouldn't surprise me if the rules for CDG overall are the same as what AF requires. OTOH, once you're on board, all of the FAs and pilots on a DL operated flight are obviously DL employees, so DL rules should apply as soon as the door closes if they're not superseded by French regulations/laws.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 20, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I've seen tons of people wearing cloths masks on DL. Shouldn't be a problem.
Old Sep 22, 20, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
I've seen tons of people wearing cloths masks on DL. Shouldn't be a problem.
France requires a surgical mask to fly. They won’t accept clothe masks at the airport.

I imagine OP will be fine to switch masks after take-off but should plan to keep a blue mask on at the airport.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 20, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
I was on AF to JFK recently and the entitled American millennial tool in 1D refused to wear a mask. The purser gave him a surgical mask and he still caused a scene. Captain stopped the plane and threatened to go back to the gate and remove him. He complied, but only until after takeoff. He was a problem the entire flight. I believe someone was waiting for him in JFK.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Sep 23, 20, 7:47 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by p100a View Post
I was on AF to JFK recently and the entitled American millennial tool in 1D refused to wear a mask. The purser gave him a surgical mask and he still caused a scene. Captain stopped the plane and threatened to go back to the gate and remove him. He complied, but only until after takeoff. He was a problem the entire flight. I believe someone was waiting for him in JFK.
Ugh! At the risk of this turning into a mask debate, which I honestly have no intention of doing, it is an automatic return to the gate for me, if a passenger on one of my flights pulls this non-sense. I've learned the hard way, that almost without fail, if someone boards an airplane, and immediately starts squawking about wearing a mask, no amount of talking to them will solve the issue. I immediately have them removed. Thankfully, this has only happened once since I returned to flying. The VAST majority of travelers have been great, but there is always one or two morons who try and ruin it for everyone else.
emma dog, In2ishn, Gerbs and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 23, 20, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by jm0754 View Post
Flying Delta CDG to ATL soon. Will I be able to switch to a cloth mask after takeoff? The blue mask is like death for 9 hours. Anyone do CDG to US lately on Delta? I know AF mandates.
"like death"? Really? Come on, man.
emma dog and Adam1222 like this.
Old Sep 23, 20, 8:18 am

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 757FO View Post
Ugh! At the risk of this turning into a mask debate, which I honestly have no intention of doing, it is an automatic return to the gate for me, if a passenger on one of my flights pulls this non-sense. I've learned the hard way, that almost without fail, if someone boards an airplane, and immediately starts squawking about wearing a mask, no amount of talking to them will solve the issue. I immediately have them removed. Thankfully, this has only happened once since I returned to flying. The VAST majority of travelers have been great, but there is always one or two morons who try and ruin it for everyone else.
Thank You!
emma dog, gt5889a, 757FO and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: