Search

Do DL CRJ's have HEPA filters?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mtrainer90
You can lead the horse to water but you cant force it to drink lol
Or multiple horses described as an "a" word by others posters who see their rather rude and mean-spirited behavior...

Sorry I'm not an engineer but the way the explanation was worded, it sounded like the -200 was worse. I quote:

"On a CRJ700/900 there are recirc fans that take the some cabin air and mix it back with air from the packs. After the recirc fans pull air from the cabin, the air goes through a HEPA filter before mixing with the air coming from the packs. On the 200, a hepa filter is not used because there is no recirc fans on the aircraft. The cabin air is sent through exhaust ducting into the avionics bay to cool the computers before being ducted outside through the out flow valve."
Old Sep 12, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Or multiple horses described as an "a" word by others posters who see their rather rude and mean-spirited behavior...

Sorry I'm not an engineer but the way the explanation was worded, it sounded like the -200 was worse. I quote:

"On a CRJ700/900 there are recirc fans that take the some cabin air and mix it back with air from the packs. After the recirc fans pull air from the cabin, the air goes through a HEPA filter before mixing with the air coming from the packs. On the 200, a hepa filter is not used because there is no recirc fans on the aircraft. The cabin air is sent through exhaust ducting into the avionics bay to cool the computers before being ducted outside through the out flow valve."
Can avionics catch Covid?
Old Sep 12, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
This company seems to think that cars can
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Can airline seats and their surfaces catch Covid? Nope yet airlines have changed their cleaning procedures because if you touch a surface where the virus is still active, such surface won't catch the virus but you may if you then touch your nose, for instance. Did I say that right to you?
Old Sep 12, 2020, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Can airline seats and their surfaces catch Covid? Nope yet airlines have changed their cleaning procedures because if you touch a surface where the virus is still active, such surface won't catch the virus but you may if you then touch your nose, for instance. Did I say that right to you?
I'm confused. Is your plan at some point to go in to the E&E bay and touch things?

I wouldn't do that if I were you.....
Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
I'm confused. Is your plan at some point to go in to the E&E bay and touch things?

I wouldn't do that if I were you.....
Thanks, mom!

"I want to do good, I do!"
mtrainer90 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:05 pm

the same in depth explanation gave but with pictures
WhiskeyBravo and tardyturtle like this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z53BP65un2Y
Nice!
mtrainer90 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:54 am
Formerly known as scootr29

What happens if the HEPA filter is touched by someone who has Covid?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by SSF556
What happens if the HEPA filter is touched by someone who has Covid?
You would need to research how long covid can last on that type of surface. But what I can tell you is no one in their right mind ever changes one of those with out wearing gloves and a mask. If you have ever seen a used aircraft filter you would understand why
hhdl likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:11 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

You would need to research how long covid can last on that type of surface. But what I can tell you is no one in their right mind ever changes one of those with out wearing gloves and a mask. If you have ever seen a used aircraft filter you would understand why
So much mis-information at this point who can you believe.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by SSF556
So much mis-information at this point who can you believe.
Exactly why I didnt give an answer of it can live X amount of days since depending on what you read, it cant live on it or it can last a number of days..
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z53BP65un2Y
Thanks for the detailed explanation mtrainer! My interpretation of the flow diagram in the video is that the air also flows from the ceiling to return vents in the floor--is that correct? In that case, it's not like all of the air from the back of the aircraft is going toward the front before getting exhausted and getting progressively more "contaminated". It would be almost as if everyone had their own "bubble" of fresh airflow.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Thanks for the detailed explanation mtrainer! My interpretation of the flow diagram in the video is that the air also flows from the ceiling to return vents in the floor--is that correct? In that case, it's not like all of the air from the back of the aircraft is going toward the front before getting exhausted and getting progressively more "contaminated". It would be almost as if everyone had their own "bubble" of fresh airflow.
Almost, the air flows from the gaspers in the ceiling and from the dado panels at the floor. The "exhausted air" is sucked up through vents near the ceiling then goes through ducts behind the walls to get to the AV bay (I know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that it goes up only to come down, But then again now that I think about it it does since it cant be sucked through the vents in the dado panels since they are already blowing air out). But the important part of your statement is correct. The air is sucked up at the seats and does not travel all the way forward or aft becoming more contaminated as it exits the cabin.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

I'm digging up my own thread because I'm booking more tickets on different equipment. Can anyone verify the E-175 on Republic has HEPA filters? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.