Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Reserve CC Mileage Posting Issue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Delta Reserve CC Mileage Posting Issue

So, I don't know whether to get on Amex or Delta about this...

In each of the last few months I have significant spend on the Delta Reserve Amex. I won't go into the details but it's easily $5-6k over the last three months. I cleared the net refund of a set of ticket credits back in May (one was a bungled 24-hour cancel when I was able to rework a ticket going to/from Europe; the other was the ticket being refunded when the UK basically shut down in March), so this is net spend.

I see a "redemption" (presumably the negative impact of the cancellation) but I do not see any credit really lining up with the spend that "took off" the credits or the subsequent spend (there's nothing for several months and then a small stack of transactions in July). So, whom should I speak to in order to sort this out, Delta or Amex?

Edit: See below. I think I got it sorted after I had an Amex rep walk me through the credits/debits.

Last edited by GrayAnderson; Sep 4, 2020 at 1:54 pm
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
So, I spoke to Amex and I think I have things sorted out. Basically, Delta posted the two rounds of debits (March and April) separately and offset April's debit with a spending credit. They then posted May, June, and July as a blob (with about 300 points "pulled out" from some grocery spend). The sets of numbers reconcile...they just don't reconcile cleanly because of how Delta decided to post them, so only one of the individual transactions sort-of made sense (and even there it was slightly "off"). Basically, I can connect the dots now, but Delta's handling really made it look like a "black box".

Roughly what happened was this:
-The transaction-with-Delta bonus point clawback for the two refunds posted as a single "transaction". This made sense.
-The generic-card-spend point clawback for the two refunds posted as a single "transaction"...but with my April spend added back in so it didn't actually line up with anything.
-Generic spend for May through July posted as a single "transaction", but since the April spend was credited above it didn't make sense.
-Bonus spend from the grocery promo posted as a single "transaction" off on the side.

It was the second and third items, combined with the third being an entire quarter's spend...but not really explained as such...that threw me. It was only when I got the Amex rep to walk me through all of the transactions that I was able to get things to add up.

Yeesh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.