Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Blocking on Delta during COVID-19 (Ending 5/1/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Blocking on Delta during COVID-19 (Ending 5/1/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Flew MSP - SAN this morning and FC went out with 2 rows (sets of 2 seats) empty. Plenty of folks on the upgrade list, including yours truly. Laziness? Covid?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lucycan
Flew MSP - SAN this morning and FC went out with 2 rows (sets of 2 seats) empty. Plenty of folks on the upgrade list, including yours truly. Laziness? Covid?
It depends. Were there couples in other pairs of seats? DL had been capping F at 50% though this should be ending soon.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cmd320
It depends. Were there couples in other pairs of seats? DL had been capping F at 50% though this should be ending soon.
At the rate they are burning cash, real soon I would say
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
1 couple. All other 2 seats groupings were occupied by 1 person.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lucycan
1 couple. All other 2 seats groupings were occupied by 1 person.
Since 1C/D are blocked on the 320, the F cabin is capped at 7 passengers.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:59 pm

Interesting. That would be the reason then!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
F should now be filled to point that adjacent seat is empty unless traveling together on same PNR. I'm guessing some agents are still following the older limits.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
F should now be filled to point that adjacent seat is empty unless traveling together on same PNR. I'm guessing some agents are still following the older limits.
Didn't they commit to the capacity limits until Oct 31?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aacar
It keeps changing a bit. However my flights for Friday are all using the adjacent seat (unless on same PNR) method for F. The J number remaining for sale also reflects this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by aacar
Old system until 9/30, current modified cap until 1/6/21, no blocking after that.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Old system until 9/30, current modified cap until 1/6/21, no blocking after that.
For now..I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s extended past 1/6/21. Ed had mentioned in a recent interview that Delta will likely extend that policy for a longer period.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO
While DL did change the language to only commit to blocking adjacent seats, inventory for F is still capped at 50% (66% on RJs). I'd assume many agents have been trained at this point to not go over the listed cap. Many agents have been written up/disciplined for going over the cap because. It also appears that the Y cap has been now been increased to 65%, which makes since as many were noting that several aircraft (717 and A220 for example) were no longer blocking adjacent seats when there is no middle seat.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Sounds like a lazy gate agent who should have processed your upgrade regardless. You should write to DL.
Just like the gate agent, the customer service rep doesn't get it. There was literally one person in an F cabin with 12 seats.

"Dear XXX,
Upgrades are a great benefit and I’m sorry you were not upgraded this time. Our website explains the benefits of your Medallion status in great detail and it is there that you will find our guidelines for Complimentary Upgrades for you and your companions. I have forwarded your comments to our SkyMiles Marketing leadership team.
Thank you for flying Delta Air Lines, we look forward to your next flight, so we can serve you better.
Regards,
XXX"
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Just like the gate agent, the customer service rep doesn't get it. There was literally one person in an F cabin with 12 seats.

"Dear XXX,
Upgrades are a great benefit and I’m sorry you were not upgraded this time. Our website explains the benefits of your Medallion status in great detail and it is there that you will find our guidelines for Complimentary Upgrades for you and your companions. I have forwarded your comments to our SkyMiles Marketing leadership team.
Thank you for flying Delta Air Lines, we look forward to your next flight, so we can serve you better.
Regards,
XXX"
Time for Twitter/social media. But don’t ask me how it works. 😂
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
While DL did change the language to only commit to blocking adjacent seats, inventory for F is still capped at 50% (66% on RJs). I'd assume many agents have been trained at this point to not go over the listed cap. Many agents have been written up/disciplined for going over the cap because. It also appears that the Y cap has been now been increased to 65%, which makes since as many were noting that several aircraft (717 and A220 for example) were no longer blocking adjacent seats when there is no middle seat.
I thought 50% is only if all flyer are solo. If two on one PNR then the companion isnt counted towards the 50%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.