Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Blocking on Delta during COVID-19 (Ending 5/1/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Blocking on Delta during COVID-19 (Ending 5/1/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:16 pm

I booked a first class seat earlier this week. When I went into seat selection all the seats were an option. After I selected mine it now shows the seat next to me "blocked"
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
What are the chances that they will fill up a D1 Cabin on a 359 marketed as an F cabin? Right now they are blocking the seat next to them which all happen to be the B seat when the C seat is occupied.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HeyItsMK
What are the chances that they will fill up a D1 Cabin on a 359 marketed as an F cabin? Right now they are blocking the seat next to them which all happen to be the B seat when the C seat is occupied.
This should already be happening. As far as I can see all domestic D1 aircraft are selling at 100%.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think its just widebody aircraft that D1 can be full capacity, since everyone has direct aisle access and more separation.
Assuming the 75W D1 won't be fully sold since it is a narrowbody, but didn't see anything about the capacity limit.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
This should already be happening. As far as I can see all domestic D1 aircraft are selling at 100%.
D1 aircraft or wide body aircraft with D1 service? It's possible that DL uses a wide body plane on a nonD1 route, I think.

BTW what are the current D1 routes? JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO of course, but the others all keep changing and I'm very confused at this point.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
D1 aircraft or wide body aircraft with D1 service? It's possible that DL uses a wide body plane on a nonD1 route, I think.
It appears to me as all wide body aircraft. I'm on an A333 from JFK-ATL in the D1 cabin and the entire thing is selectable, nothing blocked. When I select a seat it doesn't block another.

Last month on the 777 the 'B' row of seats was clearly blocked from selection.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
It appears to me as all wide body aircraft. I'm on an A333 from JFK-ATL in the D1 cabin and the entire thing is selectable, nothing blocked. When I select a seat it doesn't block another.

Last month on the 777 the 'B' row of seats was clearly blocked from selection.
When is your flight?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebat
When is your flight?
Nov. 9 I believe. Either 8th or 9th, have to check.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
767 LAS-ATL on the 16th. When I booked few days ago all B seats were blocked. (Regardless of if person was in 1A, 1C, or 1D) Just went in to look now blocking is only happening for the adjacent seat when B or C are picked.

Last edited by flyerCO; Oct 9, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Reading through the thread, I was wondering if we have a live example after the start of the new standards of a flight where strangers were seated shoulder-to-shoulder? I do see from the above how a party of two can end with the seats all around them taken (ahead, behind or across the aisle) and I agree the seat map is (and has been since April) shaky.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Justin026
Reading through the thread, I was wondering if we have a live example after the start of the new standards of a flight where strangers were seated shoulder-to-shoulder? I do see from the above how a party of two can end with the seats all around them taken (ahead, behind or across the aisle) and I agree the seat map is (and has been since April) shaky.
I was on an E175 today and it appeared all the C & D seats in the main cabin were filled. Can't imagine all those flyers were travelling together. Flight was pretty full, the upgrade/standby feature on the app was only showing 3 seats available for assignment.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by allseas1586
I was on an E175 today and it appeared all the C & D seats in the main cabin were filled. Can't imagine all those flyers were travelling together. Flight was pretty full, the upgrade/standby feature on the app was only showing 3 seats available for assignment.
Similarly, my upcoming CRJ flights show the B row blocked and C/D available to choose.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Justin026
It might be that Delta is just a little slow in updating seat maps. I have a flight in early November with a companion. When I booked the flight, for flights before Nov 1, the B seats on E175s were blocked, but after Nov 1 all seats were available for selection. Now the B seats are all blocked on my flight. Thankfully, our A/B seats stuck as I prefer to be on the left side of the plane for that flight.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allseas1586
They aren't. This is now rolled out on all aircraft with 'pairs' of seating including 717s, 767s, E-Jets, etc. On the 717 both the A/B seats are selectable by anyone.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
On an E175 today F went out with one passenger and C+ 3 pax. I was a PM without a seat at check in and the gate agent put me in the very last row of the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.