Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Thanks for the tip. No email but the offer was there on my personal and business Reserve accounts.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
Both DL offers appeared today on the Amex app for my DL Plat card. Signed up for both!
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
+1
Rereading the Full Ts&Cs for the offer, it seems clear that the offer applies only to purchases made with the Basic cardmember's card and does not apply to purchases made by Additional cardholders on that same account. Still a good offer, but it is an important limitation to be aware of.
Thanks for digging on that. Wouldn’t have been my instinctive take, so that is good to know.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:57 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Both DL offers appeared today on the Amex app for my DL Plat card. Signed up for both!
what is the other DL offer?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ffI
what is the other DL offer?
5 RDMs (redeemable miles, not MQMs) per dollar spent with Delta, instead of the usual 2
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kjnangre
100% unconditional MQM rollover this year, so you'll start next year just 9k MQM short also (but you will have to meet the waiver again)
But if you meet both qualifications both years, there's a chance you'll get Global Upgrades twice, right? We still don't know how that will work for sure.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you spend $3000, it's a choice between 3,000 MR points and 1,500 RDMs on DL. The MR points are worth more and can in fact be converted to DL RDMs.

However, the catch is that a DL card also gives some MQMs (and MQMs rollover). So if someone cares about status on DL, then it's a tradeoff between award tickets (or other redemptions for MR points) versus some contribution toward status now or in the future (and possibly "lifetime" status).
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
5 RDMs (redeemable miles, not MQMs) per dollar spent with Delta, instead of the usual 2
Wasn't this part of the same offer? That's what my email seemed to say. Is it necessary to sign up for both of them separately?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wasn't this part of the same offer? That's what my email seemed to say. Is it necessary to sign up for both of them separately?
They are 2 separate offers and yes you have to click on both if you want both
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
But if you meet both qualifications both years, there's a chance you'll get Global Upgrades twice, right? We still don't know how that will work for sure.
Fair point, will be interesting to see how that works indeed.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 11:15 pm

Deleted

Last edited by El Boocho; Aug 23, 2020 at 12:19 am
Old Aug 22, 2020, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
We do know for sure. You'll get (the option to choose) Global Upgrades twice regardless -- the extension of 2020 status into 2021 includes the ability to select 2021 Choice Benefits even if you don't requalify normally. See wiki at the top of the status extension thread: DL to Extend Status to Feb-2022 due to COVID 19 (Consolidated Thread)
josephstern likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:18 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
The interesting part of it is the comparison between UA and DL
AA has always looked down on spend for status - so I will ignore them - BIS is the main with EQD an afterthought

From 2008 when the last recession hit, DL has been geared to counting spend contributing to DL bottom line - ie MQM from cards and treats them as well as MQM from BIS That has not hurt them in any way c/w the other 2 and in fact DL has shown better growth
UA on the other hand has never accepted PQD from cards in quite the same way. Even their new promo of double PQD does not help move the needle in quite the same way. Their Flex PQP expire as before and you cannot get to 1k even after 240k spend - you only get halfway usually (this year is an exception in that they lowered the bar to 12k and you can possibly get 12k from cards)
Is it because Amex and DL are most joined at the hip or if the DL team has a better idea of the future - if travel is more with pay your own way rather than OPM, then the DL method of counting all partner spend will generate more loyalty
I can only hope Dl does not move out of DC (the move out of DCA with US LGA slot swaps hurt my domestic flying a quite a bit).
I am going to gift GM to kids and hope that also gets extended to end of Jan 2023

I hope so and will choose my certificates in Dec
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you spend $3000, it's a choice between 3,000 MR points and 1,500 RDMs on DL. The MR points are worth more and can in fact be converted to DL RDMs.
However, the catch is that a DL card also gives some MQMs (and MQMs rollover). So if someone cares about status on DL, then it's a tradeoff between award tickets (or other redemptions for MR points) versus some contribution toward status now or in the future (and possibly "lifetime" status).
3k spend is worth 75$ cash back at most - that can get 4500 RDM (45$ ticket) and 1500 MQM - That gives a value of 2c/MQM which is Very cheap for cost of getting MQM if you want them
They are 2 separate offers and yes you have to click on both if you want both
Thanks - I found the other offer and signed up
Originally Posted by Zorak
We do know for sure. You'll get (the option to choose) Global Upgrades twice regardless -- the extension of 2020 status into 2021 includes the ability to select 2021 Choice Benefits even if you don't requalify normally. See wiki at the top of the status extension thread: DL to Extend Status to Feb-2022 due to COVID 19 (Consolidated Thread)
I hope so - but since plans constantly evolve, will wait to find out in Jan

Last edited by ffI; Aug 23, 2020 at 7:32 am
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Ran a $3K down payment on a car through my Platinum Delta card yesterday (the maximum that the dealer would let me charge) and to my amusement, I got two e-mails from AmEx- one that the transaction had tracked for the Delta offer and another one that since the dealership was coded in their system as a small business, I got a $5 Shop Small credit on the transaction.
hhdl likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm just pissed that I had a few huge purchases earlier this year and was able to get the MQM's plus the $250K spend in on the card before covid hit. It would be nice if Delta would give another benefit like a couple extra GWU's or RDM's for people who met the requirements this year. Or better yet if we had the MQD waiver or MQD spend in during 2020 for the 2021 year waive it in 2022 for the 2023 year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.