Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw View Post
Was that for the first billing cycle where the promotion was offered? I registered for the promotion part way into a cycle so I wasn't sure if the spending before would count or not. It seemed not to based on what posted.

i registered from the very first day .. actually have another card (business reserve) and charges vs mqms posted was perfectly calculated
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I also registered as soon as I learned of this promo. Parts of my spend in the first applicable billing cycle did generate MQMs and RDMs as expected.

What should matter is that the posting date for a charge be after the time at which someone registered for the promo. but I don't know whether this is literally clock time or means the next calendar day.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
In my case, there is no issue of timing. I have a cycle that started a week after I registered, so every single transaction in that cycle is a qualifying transaction. There were no gift cards or cash advances or other such exceptions. I was significantly shortchanged on the promotion. Amex said they'd look into it.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:19 pm

I had the same problem. Some charges were made by my spouse as authorized user on my account with her card. These charges do not count for MQMs.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: HHonors
Originally Posted by mnbp
I signed up for this offer on August 17, and it showed up in my list of active offers in my Amex online account. However, today this offer is gone - not listed as an "on my card" offer. Has anyone else notice that the offer disappeared from their account after signing up for it?
Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW I still see it under "Added to Card" in both the web site and the Android app.
I'm having the same issue. My qualifying grocery purchases only show 2X points as well as only 2X points for my Delta purchases. The two offers are still listed under "Available". When I click to Enroll Today it tells me I'm already enrolled. Amex chat hasn't been any help, they just keep saying points take 8-12 weeks to post. Do your transactions show 4X for grocery and 5X for Delta purchases?

Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lvnloud
I'm having the same issue. My qualifying grocery purchases only show 2X points as well as only 2X points for my Delta purchases. The two offers are still listed under "Available". When I click to Enroll Today it tells me I'm already enrolled. Amex chat hasn't been any help, they just keep saying points take 8-12 weeks to post. Do your transactions show 4X for grocery and 5X for Delta purchases?
Having a hard time figuring out what you're asking.

1. the grocery 4x promo ended a while ago, didn't it? And I haven't seen it come back...
2. did you mean 3x for your Delta purchases?
3. for me the transaction list does not show the 5x promo for DL spend, it shows the regular rate of 3x. You have to go into your PDF billing statement and look at the points earning details, where you should see 4x your DL spend included on the bonus line (this is in additional to 1x base for a total of 5x). This is combined with any other bonuses (such as the extra MQM/RDM promo) so be sure to take that into account as well.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
4x on grocery ended something like August 1. Given that we were one of so many households that really ramped up grocery spending because of a big pivot away from restaurant food, AmEx was probably giving out way too many miles on it for it to continue
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Having a hard time figuring out what you're asking.

1. the grocery 4x promo ended a while ago, didn't it? And I haven't seen it come back...
2. did you mean 3x for your Delta purchases?
3. for me the transaction list does not show the 5x promo for DL spend, it shows the regular rate of 3x. You have to go into your PDF billing statement and look at the points earning details, where you should see 4x your DL spend included on the bonus line (this is in additional to 1x base for a total of 5x). This is combined with any other bonuses (such as the extra MQM/RDM promo) so be sure to take that into account as well.

I meant to say 4X restaurants, not groceries. Sorry for the confusion. And I may be highjacking the wrong thread here, when I searched for 5X in the forums this is the thread that mentioned the same offer and I saw some comments with the same issues. I'm also using a Gold card. The PDF tip was helpful but it doesn't show the bonus correctly either. I guess I'll get on the phone and see what they can figure out. Thanks for your help!

Here are screenshots showing "available" but when I click enroll it says I'm already enrolled. I enrolled back in August when this offer came out on the 17th.

------------- --------------

--------------- ---------------

Last edited by lvnloud; Oct 19, 2020 at 1:54 pm
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I meant to say 4X restaurants, not groceries. Sorry for the confusion. And I may be highjacking the wrong thread here, when I searched for 5X in the forums this is the thread that mentioned the same offer and I saw some comments with the same issues. I'm also using a Gold card. The PDF tip was helpful but it doesn't show the bonus correctly either. I guess I'll get on the phone and see what they can figure out. Thanks for your help!
Ah, yes -- this thread was mainly about a DL Plat/Reserve card MQM/RDM promo so I was a bit confused by your post no worries

I would check whether the extra miles might be included under "Other Bonuses".
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Here are screenshots showing "available" but when I click enroll it says I'm already enrolled. I enrolled back in August when this offer came out on the 17th.

The screenshot above seems to say that the person is enrolled in the 5X DL promo but not 4X restaurant spend--otherwise, the you're already enrolled line would appear twice, after each promo, right?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The screenshot above seems to say that the person is enrolled in the 5X DL promo but not 4X restaurant spend--otherwise, the you're already enrolled line would appear twice, after each promo, right?
It's two different screenshots, the screenshot showing I'm already enrolled is after I click on "Enroll today". The "Added to Card (1) " is just a gas promo I added as a test.

Last edited by lvnloud; Oct 19, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Refunds During Reserve MQM Promotion

On my last AMEX statement I received refunds for two cancelled flight tix. They were purchased last November for March flights, the refunds added to almost $2000, since I received it during the promotion period, it was deducted form my monthly purchases which will make me lose 500 MQM x 2. This refund should have been credited before the promotion period. Has anyone experienced something similar and been credited for the full monthly spend ?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by danola
On my last AMEX statement I received refunds for two cancelled flight tix. They were purchased last November for March flights, the refunds added to almost $2000, since I received it during the promotion period, it was deducted form my monthly purchases which will make me lose 500 MQM x 2. This refund should have been credited before the promotion period. Has anyone experienced something similar and been credited for the full monthly spend ?
Lucky! I've been waiting since July for my refunds. It did recently occur to me that they would almost certainly arrive during the promotion period and that they would count as negative spend, thereby cancelling out some of my positive spend.

I didn't consider challenging that, I just put it in the fact-of-life category. Please keep us posted if you decide to pursue this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Lucky! I've been waiting since July for my refunds. It did recently occur to me that they would almost certainly arrive during the promotion period and that they would count as negative spend, thereby cancelling out some of my positive spend.

I didn't consider challenging that, I just put it in the fact-of-life category. Please keep us posted if you decide to pursue this.
My first attempt was a “no” but I don’t give up so easily.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
My first full billing cycle under the MQM promo just closed and I am short some of what I think should be in the MQM bonus. 12,300 miles posted based on spend (and no multipliers.) But 5,000 MQM posted, when I expected 6,000. Going to check with AMEX but wanted to share data point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.