Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Comparing SkyTeam TATL business experience: DL. KL, AF, VS?

Comparing SkyTeam TATL business experience: DL. KL, AF, VS?

Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kthomas
How about AF 777 vs. DL A350? (The pics I saw on TPG made the footwell look pretty constrained on one side on the AF 777 in comparison to the A350).

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/air...usiness-class/

TIA, Ken
The AF 777 seat is not constrained at all. The picture in your link is just is a bad viewpoint. The footwell on the AF J seat is huge. Have you been on a KLM 787? (It's the same seat, but different color) The DL A350 is a roomier version on the 767, but no where near as roomy as the AF 777 J. Here's a better POV

kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
OK: the argument for the AF 777 has prevailed for the next RT to CDG (all else aside; my days have been a continued constant rush so I haven't replied or offered thanks individually-- though I might note, D1 on the 757s is comfy in may ways but no where near 79" -- )

DL.com interface display for upcoming flights is 77R; insomuch as we got row 7 not 3 from DL three weeks ago-- any row considerations for that flight, both day and overnight, with a general preference to have 2 window seats but be able to walk back/forth if needed?

6A/L for now; TiA again; best wishes and good luck to anyone whose elections, C19 or other work/stress levels are high .
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Currently on an AF 777.

Thanks again for all the above: the 777 product is simply *roomier* than the Delta One Suite. The footwell is indeed, large. The aisle side is a bit awkward, but better than IMO having a wall you can't look over and being in a small, enclosed box with no sense of the space of the cabin. The aisle side armrest is well-padded; my rump and interior arm are not so happy in comparison to the Delta product, but oh well.

My major complaint is the internet. There's simply 20-40% packet loss. The Delta flight was breezing-- better than Google Fi or most ground connections I have; no problem day trading on it.

FWIW.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
AF 777 is the tale of two extremes; I used to go the DXB a few times a year and ATL-CDG was crammed 2X3X2 and CDG-DXB were the new seats 1X2X1, which I consider better than any DL J product. I especailly like the front cabin as there are only a few rows.

AF A380 J was the worst! Resembled DL 25 years ago. Good riddance.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
AF 777 is the tale of two extremes; I used to go the DXB a few times a year and ATL-CDG was crammed 2X3X2 and CDG-DXB were the new seats 1X2X1, which I consider better than any DL J product.
A year or two ago I had a SIN-CDG booked on 1-2-1 that got subbed to 2-3-2 the day before (I assume due to mx)
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
A year or two ago I had a SIN-CDG booked on 1-2-1 that got subbed to 2-3-2 the day before (I assume due to mx)
I didnt think that AF still had 2-2-2 anymore.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I didnt think that AF still had 2-2-2 anymore.
I did say "a year or two ago" (just looked it up in my log, May 2018)
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zorak
I did say "a year or two ago" (just looked it up in my log, May 2018)
I was meaning to quote the post you quoted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.