Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta A330-900neo Best Premium Select + Seats (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta A330-900neo Best Premium Select + Seats (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: HH, Asiana club, Elevated, Skymiles, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by ab2013

Where will DL get the gates? They trimmed their schedule by a few flights (“seasonal” KIX, cut YEG/YYJ) and POS allocates gates based on number of daily departures. The actions seem to suggest that SEA has peaked in growth as a hub.
https://news.delta.com/delta-port-se...ivals-facility

“The new, 450,000-square-foot facility, located to the east of the current Concourse A, will feature baggage claim and customs processing areas, an 85-foot-high aerial walkway that will create a connection to the South Satellite, and a new security corridor that will allow dual use of gates on Concourse A for international and domestic arriving flights. It will be able to serve 2,600 passengers per hour and will double the number of gates capable of handling international wide-body aircraft. The facility will also have more than twice the number of passport check positions and will incorporate enhanced technologies for faster passport check clearance.”

Plus Satellite D expansion = additional 20 gates

Last edited by ZJ3000; Apr 9, 2019 at 6:30 pm Reason: Error
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by ZJ3000

SEA SYD 6,725NM (7,739 imperial miles)
A330-800neo range 8,150NM
A330-900neo range 7,200NM
Sure, as BenA pointed out, it has the range, but I think the A339 has too many seats for SEA-SYD, and DL would get crushed by AS/QF if/when QF starts SEA-SYD.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers

https://news.delta.com/delta-port-se...ivals-facility

“The new, 450,000-square-foot facility, located to the east of the current Concourse A, will feature baggage claim and customs processing areas, an 85-foot-high aerial walkway that will create a connection to the South Satellite, and a new security corridor that will allow dual use of gates on Concourse A for international and domestic arriving flights. It will be able to serve 2,600 passengers per hour and will double the number of gates capable of handling international wide-body aircraft. The facility will also have more than twice the number of passport check positions and will incorporate enhanced technologies for faster passport check clearance.”

Plus Satellite D expansion = additional 20 gates
Hmm I thought Satellite D expansion was for AS?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta FO
The seatmap for the A330 NEO is up if someone can upload it. Looks like it'll be Suites with doors!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold

Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by atlocal
The seatmap for the A330 NEO is up if someone can upload it. Looks like it'll be Suites with doors!
330neo, 350s, 777s will have Delta 1 suite with doors
764’s and 757s will have a version of Thompson Vantage without doors, anything is better than the current (old) 767s & 330s
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:05 am

Sure, as BenA pointed out, it has the range, but I think the A339 has too many seats for SEA-SYD, and DL would get crushed by AS/QF if/when QF starts SEA-SYD.
agree DL will get crashed, not only by QF, but SQ, CX, and others will soon moving in, I believe OZ is flying A350’s out of Seattle, and I understand PAL will fly A350s out of Seattle too.
I think one of the reasons Delta is moving the A350s out of SEA-NRT is added competition, on top of DL going crazy with D1 fares, recently I was quoted a $9k+ SEA-NRT r/t with over 45 days before scheduled flight and they had at least 10 free seats, it was cheaper to fly Emirates, Singapore or Cathay P around the world lol. JAL & ANA fares were 1/3 of D1.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:05 am

Hmm I thought Satellite D expansion was for AS?
Yes, Currently Satellite D is used exclusively by Alaska, I should have mentioned that.
Once Sat D project is finished the additional 20 gates will be a 25% expansion from the current 80 total gates at SEATAC.

Last edited by ZJ3000; Apr 10, 2019 at 3:21 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

764’s D1 cabin will be refurbished with Thompson Vantage no doors
Right, I know. My point was that Delta got regulatory approval for doors on its A339s, but never even applied for approval to use doors on a 767. In other words, when people were questioning whether the A339 would have doors, it was a way of demonstrating that it was highly likely — and that’s what happened.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:51 am

330neo, 350s, 777s will have Delta 1 suite with doors
764’s and 757s will have a version of Thompson Vantage without doors, anything is better than the current (old) 767s & 330s
I'm not aware of any plans to update the 757s.
The current 330s are actually quite popular.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:54 am

DL going crazy with D1 fares, recently I was quoted a $9k+ SEA-NRT r/t with over 45 days before scheduled flight and they had at least 10 free seats
That implies that they may have sold 20 seats at that "crazy" price. If that's the case, I'd say they did quite well
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:13 pm

Delta/Virgin won't be starting SEA-SYD any time soon so the point is moot but this is laughable at best. A hub to hub route for a JV is going to get crushed by a very basic codeshare relationship?

At least its not quite as bad as saying OZ is going to crush Delta/KE in Seattle like ZJ3000 implies below.

agree DL will get crashed, not only by QF, but SQ, CX, and others will soon moving in, I believe OZ is flying A350’s out of Seattle, and I understand PAL will fly A350s out of Seattle too.
I think one of the reasons Delta is moving the A350s out of SEA-NRT is added competition, on top of DL going crazy with D1 fares, recently I was quoted a $9k+ SEA-NRT r/t with over 45 days before scheduled flight and they had at least 10 free seats, it was cheaper to fly Emirates, Singapore or Cathay P around the world lol. JAL & ANA fares were 1/3 of D1.
So wait, Delta is going to get crushed by airlines they don't compete with (PAL? really?) and/or airlines like OZ? You serious clark?

Delta is moving the 350 out of SEA for logistical reasons. SEA-NRT's short run on the 359 is simply a way to get a little better utilization out of the 350 fleet and introduce the D1S product to the marketplace. It makes very little sense for Delta to have 350 flights out of Seattle when 1) none of the flights will need the longer legs of the 350 2) the 339 will have the D1S product and can replace all the 767 TPAC flying easily.
Originally Posted by jrkmsp

Right, I know. My point was that Delta got regulatory approval for doors on its A339s, but never even applied for approval to use doors on a 767. In other words, when people were questioning whether the A339 would have doors, it was a way of demonstrating that it was highly likely — and that’s what happened.
from what I understand discussion were had with the FAA about doing a true D1S but they weren't going to approve it.

The 767 is a hard airplane to do a C class product for. You either go with a tight 1-2-1, do something heavily modified ala UA, or go 1-1-1 which simply wont pay for the space it takes up. Over time I would look for the 330 to move to more and more premium markets and the 767 to end up doing less competitive, short, less premium flying.
Originally Posted by kjnangre
That implies that they may have sold 20 seats at that "crazy" price. If that's the case, I'd say they did quite well
Funny, that what I'd say as well.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I'm not aware of any plans to update the 757s.
The current 330s are actually quite popular.

Having just done a r/t SEA-AMS on the 330, I feel that they are definitely starting to show their age. They were a *huge* upgrade from the slanted NWA WBC seats or the first generation DL BE seats, but I no longer find them awesome. The angle makes them hard to get in and out of while the seat is reclined, the footwell is small, and the storage sucks. They also have lots of spots where dirt and grime have gotten trapped and built up over the years in ways that don't seem really possible to clean on a regular basis.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Apr 12, 2019 at 7:50 am
Old May 2, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I know nobody has flown this yet, but any speculation on best pair of C+ seats? Is there a bulkhead restricting legroom in row 30?
Old May 2, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I know nobody has flown this yet, but any speculation on best pair of C+ seats? Is there a bulkhead restricting legroom in row 30?
While it won't be possible to say before we have reports, I would personally go for the bulk head. If it is C+ there is probably going to be a decent amount of legroom and you won't have anyone reclining into you. On the current A330 the C+ bulkhead is my favorite seat in coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.