Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL TATL schedule sustainable?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:00 am

Not sure if this is the right thread, but - I was looking to book DL44 from JFK to DUB on Dec 6, and then return DUB-JFK on Jan 4. Not sure the flight number of the return flight. The flight seemingly disappeared from the website this morning, so it seems like TATL may not be sustainable? It looks like the only current option for a direct flight to Ireland is Aer Lingus, which I am trying to avoid at all costs. But I would rather fly direct with them then thru Amsterdam or France on Delta. I am hoping the flight comes back but I am not holding my breath.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by uncleruckus
Not sure if this is the right thread, but - I was looking to book DL44 from JFK to DUB on Dec 6, and then return DUB-JFK on Jan 4. Not sure the flight number of the return flight. The flight seemingly disappeared from the website this morning, so it seems like TATL may not be sustainable? It looks like the only current option for a direct flight to Ireland is Aer Lingus, which I am trying to avoid at all costs. But I would rather fly direct with them then thru Amsterdam or France on Delta. I am hoping the flight comes back but I am not holding my breath.
Unusual for it to disappear during week as schedule updates are generally done on Saturday and into Sunday. Also looking at the KLM codeshare number for this flight it looks like it was selling decently well. It could either be it's gone, or they're upgauging the flight. If the KLM codeshare goes away then I would assume DL has cancelled the flight.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like it's been cut after November 1 until March when it is scheduled to resume at 3x weekly. It had previously been reduced to run at 5x weekly through winter months back in August -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1450855
Looks like other international changes likely have been loaded as well. For example, JFK-BRU now no longer showing as operating until April.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 29, 2020 at 6:17 pm
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:29 pm

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Bummer if it's truly gone. Oh well, Aer Lingus here I come, I thought I was done with you.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Delta is cutting A350 out of AMS-DTW route for the summer schedule starting March 28th. Anyone knows where "that" A350 will fly instead? I cannot find any other route with A350 that I could use with my Honolulu flights. Thank you!
Old Nov 3, 2020, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If USA citizens and residents can enter Ireland, I would think the route would be fairly busy around the holidays. OTOH, DUB tends to be a leisure oriented route with relatively low TATL fares, so it's probably low yielding.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not really any point to fly to Ireland right now even if you're allowed to without restrictions... since they are in nationwide full lockdown until at least Dec 1. I'd be very wary of that Dec 6th date you want to fly there, as even if they come out of lockdown then I'm sure it won't be anywhere near normally open.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 1:03 pm

Yeah, for us we're going because my wife is Irish (born/raised, received green card about a year ago), so we're going "home" so to speak. Full on 2 week quarantine away from everyone is planned upon arrival and then we plan to try and have as normal of a Christmas as possible. So you're right in that there is nowhere to go, but we're not going anywhere aside from family.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, for us we're going because my wife is Irish (born/raised, received green card about a year ago), so we're going "home" so to speak. Full on 2 week quarantine away from everyone is planned upon arrival and then we plan to try and have as normal of a Christmas as possible. So you're right in that there is nowhere to go, but we're not going anywhere aside from family.
This was my guess, except for the green card part. It's very popular to visit relatives and explore one's heritage in Ireland around the holidays and also in the summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.