SEA-ICN-DPS on DL & Garuda Indonesia

Old Jul 30, 20, 10:54 am

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Make sure to have blank pages remaining on your passport or you will be denied entry into Bali
Daitheflu84 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA View Post
This isn't necessarily accurate - Delta's booking system is different from the one used by other SkyTeam airlines, and can show a shadow seat assignment that doesn't match what the real operating airline shows. Unless your seat assignments show on the Garuda web site, they likely didn't "stick".

If Delta assigns you seats, then you change them via the other airline, you frequently will see the wrong seat assignment on Delta.com right up until departure.

Usually, Garuda's web site is the one I use to get around all of this, though, so it's weird OP is having trouble. It's probably going to require a call to Garuda to resolve.

My usual approach is:
  • Go to https://booking.garuda-indonesia.com....action#/TLIST
  • Enter my ticket number to look up the reservation (006 goes into the first field, the rest goes into the second)
  • Under Services, click Additional Services
  • Click Seat
  • Choose your new seat(s)
  • Click Confirm and Close
  • Click Continue to finish
  • Note the confirmation number on the Garuda site (it's usually different than the Delta one)
  • Go to saudia.com / Manage Bookings
  • Enter in the Garuda confirmation number as "booking reference"
  • Expand "Passengers Information"
  • Note the seat assignment listed in the field should match what you picked on the Garuda site
If you follow the seats assigned are what he put in via GA system. DL didn't just randomly decide they were in those. DL never requested seat assignments. (Apparently GA is one of the few they still can't do, they can do most ST nowadays)
Old Jul 31, 20, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by travelinmanS View Post
I’m gonna file this thread in the “wishful thinking” category. OP, your biggest worry about this trip ain’t choosing seats!
We will see if Bali opens on the September 11th as they've already announced. In the meantime, we've got a few days in the USVI planned so at least we'll get one trip in this year. Either way, I'm at the point where I'm going to try to enjoy what little of the year is left, albeit responsibly. I've watched enough Netflix this summer to last a lifetime.
Old Jul 31, 20, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz President's Circle
This isn't necessarily accurate - Delta's booking system is different from the one used by other SkyTeam airlines, and can show a shadow seat assignment that doesn't match what the real operating airline shows. Unless your seat assignments show on the Garuda web site, they likely didn't "stick".

If Delta assigns you seats, then you change them via the other airline, you frequently will see the wrong seat assignment on Delta.com right up until departure.

Usually, Garuda's web site is the one I use to get around all of this, though, so it's weird OP is having trouble. It's probably going to require a call to Garuda to resolve.

My usual approach is:
  • Go to https://booking.garuda-indonesia.com....action#/TLIST
  • Enter my ticket number to look up the reservation (006 goes into the first field, the rest goes into the second)
  • Under Services, click Additional Services
  • Click Seat
  • Choose your new seat(s)
  • Click Confirm and Close
  • Click Continue to finish
  • Note the confirmation number on the Garuda site (it's usually different than the Delta one)
  • Go to saudia.com / Manage Bookings
  • Enter in the Garuda confirmation number as "booking reference"
  • Expand "Passengers Information"
  • Note the seat assignment listed in the field should match what you picked on the Garuda site
I'll try this and report back, thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jul 31, 20, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
OP, have you called Garuda directly to get seat assignments? If not, that might be the solution here.
No, I only emailed them. The PM agent gave me a number for GA but it wasn't working when I called it, so I'll have to find a different one. The person who responded to the email said they couldn't help me as it was a ticket sold by Delta; will calling provide a different answer? HUCA, I guess...
Old Jul 31, 20, 8:02 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Bradhattan View Post
Is OP using record locater assigned by Delta or did OP get the Garuda record locator from Delta and is still having problems on Garuda website? Unclear to me.

i had a similar issue albeit Star Alliance. Once i got respective locator, i could switch seats via other carrier's websites....YMMV.
This is my question as well. Still unanswered.

OP said 'the agent told me I'd need to call GA or use their website and booking code to select my seats' but it isn't clear that they understand they need the GA booking code. It also isn't clear if they have tried to call either....

DL PNR is not the same as Garuda PNR. Have you verified that your Garuda PNR is correct (by calling DL or when you called Garuda)? If it is correct, the website should work.
Old Jul 31, 20, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
This is my question as well. Still unanswered.

OP said 'the agent told me I'd need to call GA or use their website and booking code to select my seats' but it isn't clear that they understand they need the GA booking code. It also isn't clear if they have tried to call either....

DL PNR is not the same as Garuda PNR. Have you verified that your Garuda PNR is correct (by calling DL or when you called Garuda)? If it is correct, the website should work.
I was told that it was the GA record number but ill double check. To be clear, the number I was given works in bringing all of my info up on Garuda Indonesia's website and it lets me act like I'm selecting my desired seat; it simply will not finalize the process and gives me an error message when attempting to do so.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jul 31, 20, 9:52 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
OK, if it works pulling up the info on GA's site then it should be the correct one...
Daitheflu84 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 20, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Daitheflu84 View Post
I was told that it was the GA record number but ill double check. To be clear, the number I was given works in bringing all of my info up on Garuda Indonesia's website and it lets me act like I'm selecting my desired seat; it simply will not finalize the process and gives me an error message when attempting to do so.
Are you perhaps trying to select a seat that might be restricted to Garuda's own elites or otherwise unavailable to you?
Old Aug 1, 20, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Are you perhaps trying to select a seat that might be restricted to Garuda's own elites or otherwise unavailable to you?
It is an exit row seat but is displaying on the GA seat map as an unrestricted seat and $0 when I select it. However, I just tried doing a dummy booking for that same flight on Garuda's website and my tentative seats are blocked off on the seat map. So it seems that the seat assignments might have actually stuck?
Old Aug 1, 20, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Call them, and also ask whether they can see a reservation and a ticket with all details matching in their system. In addition, check that your DL FF number is attached and correctly shows your status. Sometimes there can be a very very minor change that requires that the ticket be reissued; most airlines don't permit you to select seats until your ticket has been issued
Old Aug 1, 20, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoy™️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Did the Saudia web site show the selected seats under Passengers Information?

I think the seats being blocked on the GA seat map are a really good indication that the assignment has probably "stuck" successfully in this case.
Old Aug 1, 20, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Did the Saudia web site show the selected seats under Passengers Information?

I think the seats being blocked on the GA seat map are a really good indication that the assignment has probably "stuck" successfully in this case.
I just went to Saudia and put in my GA booking code and both my and my girlfriend's seats are showing correctly. So it sounds like we are good to go! I'm baffled as to why the GA rep didn't mention this in our two email exchanges, but what can you do? Thanks to all for the great suggestions.
Old Aug 2, 20, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I somehow got seat assignments thru GA website, this was for biz class though. I had to click around a bit as well but finally got it. If you check bags, that can be a different issue. They insisted I needed to get bags back at ICN, and re-check with Delta.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: