Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020-21 Ski Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
This is not correct. Mountain Collective passholders will have unrestricted access to use their two or three days. Additional 50 percent off days will be subject to day ticket availability. Ikon Pass reservation details have not been announced by Alterra for any resort.
And now it has been announced JAC will require Ikon holders to make reservations...
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Yesterday I received an email from Deer Valley that stated that walk-up sales are being eliminated, and that the sale of undated passes is discontinued. Not sure if that applies to other Alterra resorts as the email was specific about Deer Valley.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
AA just added CLT-BZN/JAC/MTJ. All destinations which Delta has been cutting.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
AA just added CLT-BZN/JAC/MTJ. All destinations which Delta has been cutting.
Wonder what AA is planning to fly on CLT-JAC now that their 757 fleet is gone.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
Wonder what AA is planning to fly on CLT-JAC now that their 757 fleet is gone.
A319, same as Delta uses from Salt Lake. AA is planning on flying up to eight A319s a day into Jackson this winter plus some RJs!
Air Houston likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
A319, same as Delta uses from Salt Lake. AA is planning on flying up to eight A319s a day into Jackson this winter plus some RJs!
That makes sense. Though the F cabin on the A319 is much smaller than what used to fly into JAC (and was virtually always full). I guess they're making up for that by adding additional frequencies.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Delta just upped SLC-JAC to 4x daily through this fall "offseason." More flights than they have EVER had here that time of year. Also MSP-JAC was just added back, at least until mid-January.

Last edited by DLASflyer; Sep 27, 2020 at 2:08 pm
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Southwest just pounced on another ski town Delta recently abandoned. Going up to 4x daily into MTJ (Telluride) from Dallas and Denver. Same thing happened when Delta left Steamboat.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

The Colorado Flights Alliance notes on its website the following regarding this winter: "Delta suspended service to non-SLC hub mountain airports, including ASE, HDN, MTJ and EGE (except a handful of flights there). They have plans to return next year."
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

New data show only four airports in the United States are handling more passengers this month than in October 2019. Three of them are ski towns. Delta is really looking foolish to have pulled out of Steamboat, Telluride and Aspen so fast.

Ed Bastian must not be a skier. I hear he likes Florida.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
New data show only four airports in the United States are handling more passengers this month than in October 2019. Three of them are ski towns. Delta is really looking foolish to have pulled out of Steamboat, Telluride and Aspen so fast.
https://twitter.com/jonostrower/stat...59405768400896

Ed Bastian must not be a skier. I hear he likes Florida.
I definitely think it was a mistake. I'm planning to go to SUN and EGE (which they haven't abandoned yet) this season if skiing is a go. The only cut that I'm disappointed about is MTJ. I'm currently debating flying another airline or using Delta to GJT instead.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Just searched for a flight to JAC in November and Delta.com has this message at the top of the results: "Know before you go: If you travel plans include skiing, make sure to check for potential capacity limits and other requirements for ski resorts." I assume this is targeted at mountain destinations and does not appear on Florida searches. Smart.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Some more ski service was added over the weekend.

MSP-JAC, LAX-JAC, LAX-SUN all now go through February instead of just New Year’s.

SLC-SUN is going up to 4x daily. SLC-JAC is already 4x daily.

Still only one flight a day to EGE and none to ASE, MTJ and HDN.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP,STARS, PEN Club,Bellini , Dorchester Diamond, Rosewood Elite, Rocco Knight,Prive,etc.
I skied Vail & Beaver Creek in December 2020
My clients are booking ski . It's just that folks are just tending to book at the last minute
It lends itself to what you can do masked outdoors etc..
And families in particular with Virtual learning and additional commitments paused are going for longer or multi trips.
Our family in particular will be going for 3 weeks this year because for the first time WE CAN!

I give kudos to Delta keeping middle seats open and recommend them at every opportunity.

I don't think you are going to see those traditional routes to open until next ski season.
I have contacts at Vail resorts and they are just hoping to break even this year.
They get a lot of drive in business and they have sold a lot of annual ski passes which is helping.

Sadly, I have heard from some hoteliers that they are concerned that they might have to close at some point in the season if travelers do not start adhering to mask rules. Vail resorts in particular means business by masks and I really hope that everyone follows the rules so they can stay open. Just had this conversation last week about this very thing.

If anyone is planning hotel stays, you need to make sure you you negotiate the acceptable cancel terms since technically insurance will not cover for a state banning travel to it or requiring quarintine. And you will want to stay up on the changes ie : Aspen / Snowmass now requiring signed document that you have tested neg in the last 72hrs . Changes to travel happen on the fly and you must stay on top of it daily or you could get caught off guard.

Holly Lombardo
Atlanta, GA
Virtuoso and all the rest.....
Spiff likes this.

Last edited by H.Lombardo; Jan 12, 2021 at 9:54 am
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
Here's a sign I saw at ASE when I went through there in November.

Spoiler

DLASflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.