Delay in Ticketing?

Old Jul 14, 20, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Delay in Ticketing?

Had a weird thing happen just now. Booked a one-way ticket, MIA-ECP for travel later in July. I redeemed a $50 Delta Gift Card, and charged the remainder of the fare to my DL Amex. Booking processes normally and I receive a PNR.

I always go back into my account after booking to review the reservation for accuracy. First thing I noticed was that my upgrade requests didn't stick. No big deal. I reapply them and they stick. Next, I noticed there is no e-ticket # associated with the PNR. There is no "receipt" showing up in My Wallet either, and checking my Amex app, no authorization has been attempted for the fare difference after the gift card was applied.

Anyone seen this before? It's been about 20 minutes since booking and no ticket has displayed yet. I have a call in to the PM line (only quoted a 42 minute wait... that's the shortest in months!). I don't want to risk the ticket getting auto-deleted and the fare going up as it was a good deal.
Old Jul 14, 20, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Keep an eye on it but not cause for concern yet. I've had bookings take over 60 minutes to ticket -- typically more complex international fares (which this is not) but it's not always immediate so wouldn't worry yet.

Assume given the gift card this was booked on DL.com? Only ask because OTAs usually have some lag time but that doesn't seem the case here.
Old Jul 14, 20, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Keep an eye on it but not cause for concern yet. I've had bookings take over 60 minutes to ticket -- typically more complex international fares (which this is not) but it's not always immediate so wouldn't worry yet.

Assume given the gift card this was booked on DL.com? Only ask because OTAs usually have some lag time but that doesn't seem the case here.
Agreed, I have seen some minor delays with complex international itineraries using partner carriers, but for such a simple ticket this struck me odd. It was booked via DL.com while logged in and using the "Redeem" page to apply the Gift Card.

Spoke with a very friendly agent when the call back came right at about 40 minutes. I explained the issue and she immediately noticed what I was talking about. PNR issued, but reservation failed to ticket. She looked into it further and saw there was some issue with the gift card. She placed me on about a 5 minute hold while she reached out to support, who "unhooked" the gift card from the pending charge and reapplied it. The gift card then processed normally, followed by my Amex for the difference.

I now have the same PNR, an eticket #, receipt showing up, and the appropriate amount showing pending on my Amex.

The agent was just as confused as I was as to what exactly happened. We just chalked it up to a DL website glitch. Thankfully I caught it early so as to not risk a fare increase or issues with the reservation at travel time.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
I had the identical situation and problem last weekend -- trying to combine a gift card and credit card "froze" the ticketing process. Had to call in to have the transaction reprocessed by an agent.

Bill
Old Jul 17, 20, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL UA Hilton Hyatt
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca View Post
I had the identical situation and problem last weekend -- trying to combine a gift card and credit card "froze" the ticketing process. Had to call in to have the transaction reprocessed by an agent.

Bill
Experienced the same situation here. I able to pay with the phone agent and I received confirmation email + charge on my amex card right away.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: