Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KLM launches Double MQMs & RDMs, would DL Follow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium

Double XP and Miles for 2020

https://www.flyingblue.us/en/news/doublemiles-doublexp

Will DL do something similar?

Mods, please merge if there is already a thread on this....
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Double XP and Miles for 2020

https://www.flyingblue.us/en/news/doublemiles-doublexp

Will DL do something similar?

Mods, please merge if there is already a thread on this....
They're already extending status by a year and rolling over all 2020 MQMs into 2021 so unless things get a lot worse I pretty much doubt it...

DL to Extend Status to Feb-2022 due to COVID 19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Doubt we're going to see anything for rest of the year... what will be interesting is for when travel starts to pick up next year. Then I'd be looking for the promos as the airlines fight to get business travelers.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by rylan
Doubt we're going to see anything for rest of the year... what will be interesting is for when travel starts to pick up next year. Then I'd be looking for the promos as the airlines fight to get business travelers.
Well United is offering a ticket purchase rebate for some Chase card holders, and AA is offering extra miles for tickets booked with the Barclays card.

Never say never.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Well United is offering a ticket purchase rebate for some Chase card holders, and AA is offering extra miles for tickets booked with the Barclays card.

Never say never.
Neither of those involve status. I could see a bonus mileage promo, but doubtful on MQD/S/M.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Why. Delta decides to distinguish its product with social distancing seating policy through July 31. UA views this as a promo Gimmick......

If you happened to have terrible luck and you get covid19 passenger sit next to you on another carrier, does double mile help you cope?

Jiburi
smartytravel and notquiteaff like this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Neither of those involve status. I could see a bonus mileage promo, but doubtful on MQD/S/M.
I suspect status is more of interest to business travelers, and as such status related promos are basically not needed until business travel picks up in a meaningful way. Meaning maybe next spring, but more likely next fall.

Originally Posted by jiburi
Why. Delta decides to distinguish its product with social distancing seating policy through July 31.
I think this is an important point that many on these boards miss or ignore. DL's empty middle seat policy is exactly in line with the "premium" image they were working on prior to C19... selling a product that people actually want to buy, rather than trying to incentivize purchases with increasingly meaningless FFP perks. Note this policy is now extended through Sept 30, which provides a pretty good indication of both DL's success in marketing (relative to the collapsed market) as well as DL's lack of confidence in travel returning to normal levels in the next few months (a pretty safe bet).
ryw, Thysk, notquiteaff and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 4:33 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Also totally different market situation with Covid significantly contained within Europe At least compared to the USA and travel starting again AF KLM will be competing for market share.

Once a vaccine is available or there is significant containment in the US then I would expect these sort of promotions
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by jiburi
Why. Delta decides to distinguish its product with social distancing seating policy through July 31. UA views this as a promo Gimmick......

If you happened to have terrible luck and you get covid19 passenger sit next to you on another carrier, does double mile help you cope?

Jiburi
July? They extended it to September 30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.