Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

3 people test positive for Covid-19 after taking Delta flight from Atlanta to Albany

3 people test positive for Covid-19 after taking Delta flight from Atlanta to Albany

Old Jul 10, 20, 6:55 pm
  #1  
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,093
3 people test positive for Covid-19 after taking Delta flight from Atlanta to Albany

As reported by CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/us/de...ers/index.html
MileageAddict is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 7:15 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,756
Hopefully the health officials were able to work with DL to contact anyone on that flight to let them know they were potentially exposed.
rylan is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 7:49 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Posts: 12,824
"Delta is in contact with regional CDC officials and has provided a manifest of the flight"
Zorak is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 8:01 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Blue Ridge, GA
Posts: 4,731
Test results in 2-3 days?
"The flight took place Monday and the passengers ó who are all Troy residents in their 20s ó began feeling sick the next day, the Rensselaer Health Department said."
Albany TimesUnion
LegalTender is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 8:18 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 9,587
I sure hope they kept their masks on the whole flight...
ryw and Global Adventurer like this.
Smiley90 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 9:03 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 10,720
Seems like the seat blocking worked very well...
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 9:22 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: LAX
Posts: 9,741
An awful piece of reporting. The meaningful facts - were they traveling together, seated next to each other (how far) etc is missing... displaying symptoms next day after exposure seems uncommon - several days is more typical.
azepine00 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 9:44 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Posts: 12,824
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
An awful piece of reporting. The meaningful facts - were they traveling together, seated next to each other (how far) etc is missing... displaying symptoms next day after exposure seems uncommon - several days is more typical.
It's not a great headline. But although it does seem unlikely they contracted it *on* the flight, it's still true that
- they were on board
- they felt symptoms the next day
even though those two are probably not causally linked, there could still have been potential spread to other pax.
Zorak is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 10:04 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 10,720
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
It's not a great headline. But although it does seem unlikely they contracted it *on* the flight, it's still true that
- they were on board
- they felt symptoms the next day
even though those two are probably not causally linked, there could still have been potential spread to other pax.
In the bulk of cases, symptoms are not felt the next day. In fact it normally takes 3-4 days.
hhdl likes this.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 11:14 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
CR9's don't have HEPA.
FrankMantooth is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 11:17 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 10,720
Originally Posted by FrankMantooth View Post
CR9's don't have HEPA.
Ahh, yes. Another quality product of the Bombardier company...
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 11:45 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Blue Ridge, GA
Posts: 4,731
Originally Posted by FrankMantooth View Post
CR9's don't have HEPA.
They do on AA. I have to think DL has them.

Americanís entire mainline fleet features HEPA filtration. In our American Eagle fleet, the Bombardier CRJ700 and CRJ900 and Embraer E175 aircraft feature HEPA filtration. There currently isnít a government-approved HEPA solution for the Embraer E140 and E145 aircraft.
news.aa
LegalTender is offline  
Old Jul 11, 20, 5:10 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 947
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Hopefully thehealth officials were able to work with DL to contact anyone on that flight to let them know they were potentially exposed.
And anyone who they came into contact with in either airport, and those they came into contact with travelling to and from the airport.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Agent69 is offline  
Old Jul 11, 20, 7:09 am
  #14  
nrr
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 9,173
Originally Posted by Agent69 View Post
And anyone who they came into contact with in either airport, and those they came into contact with travelling to and from the airport.
I landed in JFK and used the restroom, I must have been closer than 6 feet from lots of "anonymous" people, if I had COV-19 how would/could I contact them.
nrr is offline  
Old Jul 11, 20, 7:30 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 947
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
I landed in JFK and used the restroom, I must have been closer than 6 feet from lots of "anonymous" people, if I had COV-19 how would/could I contact them.
I think it's called a contact tracing app.
Agent69 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: